Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Have you tried any Blueberry covers? They seem just a little shorter than my Flip on the largest setting and the elastic seems to fit just fine, DD has thin-ish thighs.
Or what about Thirsties Duo 2 covers?
ETA: I have a Thirsties cover I could FFS to you that has ugly Velcro. It still sticks, but it's pretty pilly and could probably use replacing if you are crafty. I also have a BB cover in the same boat, but it is a little less sticky. Neither have issues with PUL (never any leaks) or elastic (that I'm aware of, need to check). I've never had a problem with the covers coming undone if dd is wearing shorts/pants.

Advertisement

I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm

Last edited by myclanof6; 12-01-2012 at 08:52 PM.
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: im just ready to bang my head on the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamommy View Post
A new thought.

How about taking a snap press or pliers and adding a row of rise snaps between the medium and large settings? That would provide a bit more length than the medium and not as big as the cover is all the way unsnapped.

I am sure someone could do this for you.
That's a good idea!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #13
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That in between stage is the pits.... I remember praying for another growth spurt even though ds has always been in the 90+ percentile!
Have you retried your diaperrite cover or did you already get rid of it?
I've never had good luck with bg products bc of this very issue you're having. I found that covers with a true hip snap (not double row like bgs or offset double row like capri) work best for us.
I'd say either bulk up your absorbancy on the large rise setting to fill the gaps or find a trimmer absorbancy option on the medium rise setting. Are you pafolding or using a different fold? Maybe a different fold would change the fit of your cover?

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 12-01-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Frustrating! I don't remember if you have tried the bummis super brite medium yet...

Can you add a doubler to thicken up the flat so it fills out the large flip setting? Or fan it out to "fill up" the flaps for a more spread out fit? Are your flips snap or h&l?
the diaper fits fine in the large setting, it just doesnt fit right on my ds. he is very skinny and has a short rise. and he doesnt have alot of crotch room so anything too big in the crotch just sags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me View Post
Are they leaving marks on the Large setting? Or did you get new Flips and use them again on the Medium setting? Did you try the new ones on the Large setting?

Sorry, for so many questions, just trying to figure out what you've tried!

If the new ones fit okay around the legs on the Large setting, but seem too baggy through the crotch, have you tried unsnapping the rise snaps, but then only snapping the center snap to make the diaper bigger in the legs, but a shorter rise? I've done this and it worked for us!
i havent tried the new flips on the large setting. i just got them and washed them so really just tried them part of yesterday and today. they actually fit well in the rise on the medium setting, but are leaving really bad marks. almost like a welt on the top of the thigh. he hasnt really had this problem before so i dont know what im doing wrong. i just started really using the flips though. i was using thirsties duo and a capri before and those dont fit right either.

i have tried before to snap just some of the rise snaps and leave some undone (like leave just the middle unsnapped, or just the two outside ones) but then it sags in the crotch and in the waist too. ugh!

Quote:
A new thought.

How about taking a snap press or pliers and adding a row of rise snaps between the medium and large settings? That would provide a bit more length than the medium and not as big as the cover is all the way unsnapped.

I am sure someone could do this for you.
that is a thought...im not sure if it will fix the red marks though. im not really sure why thats happening. it could be that the medium rise setting is too small, or it could be the cover itself or possibly him having a reaction. for some reason he has always gotten red marks really easily (i mean not just average ones) but these ones are really bad. i feel bad putting a diaper on him at this point.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant4Christ View Post
That in between stage is the pits.... I remember praying for another growth spurt even though ds has always been in the 90+ percentile!
Have you retried your diaperrite cover or did you already get rid of it?
I've never had good luck with bg products bc of this very issue you're having. I found that covers with a true hip snap (not double row like bgs or offset double row like capri) work best for us.
I'd say either bulk up your absorbancy on the large rise setting to fill the gaps or find a trimmer absorbancy option on the medium rise setting. Are you pafolding or using a different fold? Maybe a different fold would change the fit of your cover?
i dont think it is the fit of the diaper, i think it is just too big. he just has a short rise. he really needs like a ml size cover. and he refuses to pl!! the diaper rite fit very weirdly on him so i got rid of it. im starting to hate cloth
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #16
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13 View Post
the diaper fits fine in the large setting, it just doesnt fit right on my ds. he is very skinny and has a short rise. and he doesnt have alot of crotch room so anything too big in the crotch just sags.

i havent tried the new flips on the large setting. i just got them and washed them so really just tried them part of yesterday and today. they actually fit well in the rise on the medium setting, but are leaving really bad marks. almost like a welt on the top of the thigh. he hasnt really had this problem before so i dont know what im doing wrong. i just started really using the flips though. i was using thirsties duo and a capri before and those dont fit right either.

i have tried before to snap just some of the rise snaps and leave some undone (like leave just the middle unsnapped, or just the two outside ones) but then it sags in the crotch and in the waist too. ugh!

that is a thought...im not sure if it will fix the red marks though. im not really sure why thats happening. it could be that the medium rise setting is too small, or it could be the cover itself or possibly him having a reaction. for some reason he has always gotten red marks really easily (i mean not just average ones) but these ones are really bad. i feel bad putting a diaper on him at this point.
I'd give the new Flips a try on the Large setting and see it the marks happen again. It sounds like the Medium setting is too small on the new unstretched out Flips.

Hope you can figure something out! Sounds so frustrating!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #17
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Green Acre Designs makes a m/l size and there are a good number of them in the pockets forum if you're up to trying them. Some of the listing say trade-friendly, too. They are side-snapping with elastic at the waist, too..... I've heard many mamas say they've used these as pullups for potty training, too! I'm still trolling the forums for some larges. Pretty sure I'm gonna cave and buy a couple with bamboo inner (ds is allergic to fleece) and try them as pullups/trainers myself.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #18
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i guess i will try the flips on the large setting. i dont think they will fit though : (
Old 12-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #19
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sure hope you find something.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #20
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well i cant buy anything else so i will prob have to go to sposies : ( we are buying a house and have xmas so no diaper money : c