Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #21
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: im just ready to bang my head on the wall

Then I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the new Flips on the large setting will work. Do try the center rise snap snapped to the middle setting if the rise still seems too big. I know you mentioned trying it before, but try again with the new Flips before giving up.

I really think the legs won't cause a gap on the large setting of the new Flips! I'm hoping for you!

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #22
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so did they actually make changes to the flips? they seem a little bigger to me, but i havent heard anything about any changes to them. i just got some from the CB BF sale.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #23
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

No, I don't think so. I still have some from the very first run - before the rise snaps were reinforced. I think they are the same as the ones you can buy now.

I can compare them if you want.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #24
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

no i have other flip covers, but thanks : ) i dont think the flips are going to work. even with the legs on the largest setting they are pinching his skin. i dont think its the size of the cover. i tried a duo again and that doesnt hit his legs in the same spot, so no red marks.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #25
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I would soooooo have given up and gone to sposies now. I commend your efforts to make cloth work!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #26
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
I would soooooo have given up and gone to sposies now. I commend your efforts to make cloth work!
i really hate sposies. we have to use them at night (after a couple years of failed attempts to make that work on this DS). I am really thinking about sposies though!! i wish he would just pl!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #27
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't get it. I have never been able to wake up to a dry baby/crib with a sposie. Only cloth will hold my dfs. What kind of sposies do you use? I was thinking of switching to sposies but I can't get the hang of it.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #28
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we use huggies overnights. i was able to use cloth for 3 years with my last ds and the first year with this ds, then it just all went horribly wrong : (
Old 12-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #29
brycesmommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13 View Post

the diaper fits fine in the large setting, it just doesnt fit right on my ds. he is very skinny and has a short rise. and he doesnt have alot of crotch room so anything too big in the crotch just sags.

i havent tried the new flips on the large setting. i just got them and washed them so really just tried them part of yesterday and today. they actually fit well in the rise on the medium setting, but are leaving really bad marks. almost like a welt on the top of the thigh. he hasnt really had this problem before so i dont know what im doing wrong. i just started really using the flips though. i was using thirsties duo and a capri before and those dont fit right either.

i have tried before to snap just some of the rise snaps and leave some undone (like leave just the middle unsnapped, or just the two outside ones) but then it sags in the crotch and in the waist too. ugh!

that is a thought...im not sure if it will fix the red marks though. im not really sure why thats happening. it could be that the medium rise setting is too small, or it could be the cover itself or possibly him having a reaction. for some reason he has always gotten red marks really easily (i mean not just average ones) but these ones are really bad. i feel bad putting a diaper on him at this point.
I actually have heard of some babies being allergic to the elastic casings on certain diapers... what do you own? Flips, Thirsties Duos & Capris? Do they all give him the marks? Have you tried snapping up just the center rise snap on the large setting (if that's what fits the legs)? When you say it sags in the crotch is this causing leaks/leg gaps or you just don't like it sagging? Using/adding something thicker than flats might help fill in the space & avoid sagging. Also have you tried scruching the sides of the crotch area together between his legs when you're putting it on to make it narrower in the crotch area? Just re-read & saw you said the new ones are fitting good on the middle rise so are they too tight in the legs? Can you unsnap the bottom snaps on the tabs (if they're snap)? Hope that wasn't too long & confusing lol just my random thoughts/questions
brycesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #30
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycesmommy View Post
I actually have heard of some babies being allergic to the elastic casings on certain diapers... what do you own? Flips, Thirsties Duos & Capris? Do they all give him the marks? Have you tried snapping up just the center rise snap on the large setting (if that's what fits the legs)? When you say it sags in the crotch is this causing leaks/leg gaps or you just don't like it sagging? Using/adding something thicker than flats might help fill in the space & avoid sagging. Also have you tried scruching the sides of the crotch area together between his legs when you're putting it on to make it narrower in the crotch area? Just re-read & saw you said the new ones are fitting good on the middle rise so are they too tight in the legs? Can you unsnap the bottom snaps on the tabs (if they're snap)? Hope that wasn't too long & confusing lol just my random thoughts/questions
im not really sure he is allergic to it - we have been using flips on and off for 3 years now. he just started getting these really bad marks within the past month or less. i have been snapping just the center snap and he is still getting really bad pinching marks on his thigh. im trying to use the duos because they dont leave marks. i dont think adding more material will help the sagging - the large setting is just too long on him and more material would just bulk it up too much.