Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Freaking out

So, we announced our news to my family today. Then I went to the bathroom a bit ago and I was very slightly spotting. Now I'm flipping out. I haven't had any other spotting or bleeding less very slight spotting one time after DH and I DTD. I have had a couple difficult bowel movements in the past day but nothing else that would have caused it. Any advice for mme from you more experienced mamas? I obviously can't call my doctor for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Freaking out

Try not to freak out, I know easier said then done. Just keep an eye on things. A lot of people spot during pregnancy for many different reasons. Time will tell what's going on. I will say a pray for you that your mind is eased and that this is just common spotting.
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdipemama
Try not to freak out, I know easier said then done. Just keep an eye on things. A lot of people spot during pregnancy for many different reasons. Time will tell what's going on. I will say a pray for you that your mind is eased and that this is just common spotting.
Thank you!

Old 12-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
(((Hugs))) mama! I've had spotting with almost every single pregnancy. So scary but it's not until its a LOT that it can be worrisome. I mean like filling pads and such. Some spotting on the TP or panty liner is scary but usually ok. Just keep an eye on it and hopefully it disappears just as fast as it showed up. Hang in there and yay for spilling the beans to your family!!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
What color was it? I'm sorry that you had spotting. Praying that it was just a one time thing and you get to enjoy the holidays!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma
What color was it? I'm sorry that you had spotting. Praying that it was just a one time thing and you get to enjoy the holidays!
It's a brownish color. Basically, it started streaky then has become pretty consistently colored. It is still coming but the quantity isn't much...it's just consistent. I am not cramping or anything, though. I don't think anyone is in my doctor's office but I will try to call them tomorrow. I'm so sad but trying to act normal w/my family as I don't want to share this with them.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket24
(((Hugs))) mama! I've had spotting with almost every single pregnancy. So scary but it's not until its a LOT that it can be worrisome. I mean like filling pads and such. Some spotting on the TP or panty liner is scary but usually ok. Just keep an eye on it and hopefully it disappears just as fast as it showed up. Hang in there and yay for spilling the beans to your family!!
I'm glad to hear that this can be nothing. Did yours just happen? Or has it only happened with a cause (pelvic exam, sex, etc)? I definitely have spotted very easily since having DS but have done nothing that should have caused this.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

The fact that it's brown is very good. I had some light spotting with this pregnancy and it turned out to be nothing. That's after no spotting at all with my previous 3 pregnancies.

Sent from my droid
Old 12-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #9
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamomma
The fact that it's brown is very good. I had some light spotting with this pregnancy and it turned out to be nothing. That's after no spotting at all with my previous 3 pregnancies.

Sent from my droid
Did it last for a bit or was it just a "one wipe" sort of thing? I'm glad yours was fine; hopefully mine is too.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Re: Freaking out

I had spotting with all of my pregnancies. With both of my girls, it was brown and only a little bit. But it did last for a few days. The big difference with my miscarriages is that it was pink to red from the get go. And obviously it didn't stop. It definitely could be totally normal in your case. Hang in there. I hope someone is in your ob office tomorrow. I know that worry too well and the sooner you can get some reassurance the better, IMO. Hugs!