Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #501
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Re: KAL ~ Christmas Crafts: Dec 2-8

I love all of the smittens, girls! You are all so talented

Advertisement

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #502
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
Someone lost my coffee cup. I am dying.
Gah! Hope you find it soon! I'd be drinking straight from the pot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post

I woke up feeling really off so I was laying on my bed having the kids play in with me, Pixie ran across my stomach and I felt something tear. It's been burning pain ever since and hurts a lot to move. I'm hoping it's a torn muscle/ligament but would appreciate any healing/healthy baby vibes you can send. I don't have a doppler and this kid is hidden behind the placenta and hard to feel normally, so kick checks are not an option and I'm kind of freaking out
Positive vibes your way! Hope all is okay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas View Post
Morning!

We (the 3 little ones and myself) just got back from the grocery store. Avery has been oxygen free for over 24 hours now so I think she might be coming home without her oxygen! We got a little bit of good news today about her tummy, but we still have a long ways to go. I can't wait to go scoop her up this evening!
Yay for good news!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #503
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hope every is ok Mindy
Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #504
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mindy, call your midwife. She may move your anatomy scan up just to make sure everything is ok. Bradley jumped on my tummy at about this point with Jack and that's what my midwife did because of the pain and tenderness I had.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #505
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
I love my tappan zee to throw on over loose peasant tops etc. Great for a cool breeze at the beach etc. It's in knitty (from knitty spin)

With Pixie my m/s started REALLY REALLY early so FX and

I always try to do SW for socks, nylon blend is all the better.

It can be, it depends on the twist. There's high twist that is better, and lower twist can get that way. For an adult garment I wouldn't expect a lot of pilling, I'm using BFL fingering - high twist, non superwash - for my Vlad shawl.

I woke up feeling really off so I was laying on my bed having the kids play in with me, Pixie ran across my stomach and I felt something tear. It's been burning pain ever since and hurts a lot to move. I'm hoping it's a torn muscle/ligament but would appreciate any healing/healthy baby vibes you can send. I don't have a doppler and this kid is hidden behind the placenta and hard to feel normally, so kick checks are not an option and I'm kind of freaking out
Thanks for the hint and prayers/healthy vibes sending your way!!! and
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #506
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Oh Mindy, I am praying for you and your baby!

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #507
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thinking and praying, Mindy

Glad to hear A is making progress.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #508
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
Today is really cold. Like -15 cold. Not as REALLY cold as Fairbanks but our truck is frozen none the less. There is something with it and cold. Not all trucks are like this but idk how to make it tougher. I am wondering if the engine heater is bad. Anyway. The shawl I picked back up is an 11 row repeat and I had ended up going back one full repeat after those dropped stitches and then not being sure about where I was in the pattern after such a long hiatus. But I reknit that part and since have done another repeat. For perspective, I used to be able to do two repeats in a days knitting now it takes all day to do one. The rows are well over 250 stitches and only getting longer. I am under an ounce left on the first skein and have another skein for it but today I am concentrating on making baby G some socks because our winter is only just getting started and I don't see how it's just going to suddenly warm up and decide to be spring after what we have already seen.

my iPhone is a trixie little hobbit that never really says what I mean!
Maybe the truck is just jealous and wants its own knit blanket to go with the heater. Can you send some of that cold to us. At this point there will be no ice for ice fishing. I shouldn't be able to go outside in short sleeves without a coat.

Mindy hoping it is just your body (though that seems mean so I'm meaning it in a good way) and all is well with the baby. Darn stinkers of kids starting to fight with siblings already.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #509
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post

Maybe the truck is just jealous and wants its own knit blanket to go with the heater. Can you send some of that cold to us. At this point there will be no ice for ice fishing. I shouldn't be able to go outside in short sleeves without a coat.

Mindy hoping it is just your body (though that seems mean so I'm meaning it in a good way) and all is well with the baby. Darn stinkers of kids starting to fight with siblings already.
I'm actually out w/o a coat today too...its weird - 45 degrees in mid-December in Illinois just isn't right. Don't.get me wrong, I love it (not a huge fan of the cold), but its just not right...dh says he just won't feel like its Christmas if its not below 20 degrees. I could do with Hawaii and Florida's Christmas temps but I guess he's just gotta have cold to feel jolly, hehe.

In car line to pick up DD to head to Sara's house for our playdate and ds texts me that he.was wrong this am about bball practice and that it ends at 4:30pm like I SAID it did instead of the 5:15pm HE insisted it ended at. So I had to ask dh if he would be home in time to pick up ds instead because Sara's house is 20 minutes from the school and it.would be.kinda pointless to go to her house from 3:15 to 4:10...luckily h will be home in time. Ok line's moving - more later!
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #510
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

RB just walked 6 miles, round trip to drop everyone's packages at the post office. It's -18 F. He is such a good guy! Erica, yours is in a box so it wouldn't fit so yours will go with the other big packages that couldn't fit.