Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #511
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ Christmas Crafts: Dec 2-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
I woke up feeling really off so I was laying on my bed having the kids play in with me, Pixie ran across my stomach and I felt something tear. It's been burning pain ever since and hurts a lot to move. I'm hoping it's a torn muscle/ligament but would appreciate any healing/healthy baby vibes you can send. I don't have a doppler and this kid is hidden behind the placenta and hard to feel normally, so kick checks are not an option and I'm kind of freaking out
Oh no, Mindy! Healing and healthy baby thoughts your way! I agree with the others, call you midwife and see if you can get a scan in right away. Hoping baby is healthy and sound and you body is the only tender part.

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #512
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh no mindy! I would totally hop in the car now and drop off the Doppler (if I didn't have to seal with napping babies and traffic)

***I can spell...my iPod on the other hand can not***
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #513
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you guys. The midwife didn't schedule, they just give the orders and I scheduled it. I'm giving it till DH is home and if there are still issues going on we'll go in to the ER to make sure it's just ligaments or muscles or something and not placenta. I've been trying to lay down for the most part and chill. I got water and was down but decided to get up and have some cinnamon roll, going to see if I can get little dude to give me SOME motion. Going back to lay down but will check in a little later again. Turning on my phone's facebook if anyone wants to text/message me that way though.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #514
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
Today is really cold. Like -15 cold. Not as REALLY cold as Fairbanks but our truck is frozen none the less. There is something with it and cold. Not all trucks are like this but idk how to make it tougher. I am wondering if the engine heater is bad. Anyway. The shawl I picked back up is an 11 row repeat and I had ended up going back one full repeat after those dropped stitches and then not being sure about where I was in the pattern after such a long hiatus. But I reknit that part and since have done another repeat. For perspective, I used to be able to do two repeats in a days knitting now it takes all day to do one. The rows are well over 250 stitches and only getting longer. I am under an ounce left on the first skein and have another skein for it but today I am concentrating on making baby G some socks because our winter is only just getting started and I don't see how it's just going to suddenly warm up and decide to be spring after what we have already seen.

my iPhone is a trixie little hobbit that never really says what I mean!
DH has a engine heater on his truck (diesel) and it works really well.I know there was a lot of fighting to get it set up properly initially.

Can you get a remote starter with a timer on it? I can set up my car to turn on and run for a set amount of time at regular intervals. Its the only way I can start it after work if its really cold outside since I can't plug it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
I woke up feeling really off so I was laying on my bed having the kids play in with me, Pixie ran across my stomach and I felt something tear. It's been burning pain ever since and hurts a lot to move. I'm hoping it's a torn muscle/ligament but would appreciate any healing/healthy baby vibes you can send. I don't have a doppler and this kid is hidden behind the placenta and hard to feel normally, so kick checks are not an option and I'm kind of freaking out
Ouch! I hope you're feeling better quickly and that the little one starts dancing inside you so you can relax a little. Orange juice always made my kids go crazy when I was pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas View Post
Morning!

We (the 3 little ones and myself) just got back from the grocery store. Avery has been oxygen free for over 24 hours now so I think she might be coming home without her oxygen! We got a little bit of good news today about her tummy, but we still have a long ways to go. I can't wait to go scoop her up this evening!
Great update. Do they know what caused the blockage in the first place?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #515
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugMonkey View Post
Great update. Do they know what caused the blockage in the first place?
Not yet. They said that first we have to get the blockage out, then we can determine what is causing it, and try to prevent it from happening again. It seems to be a long slow process. The down side to it taking so long is that she is not allowed to eat anything, so she will have to re-gain all this weight back up before she can come home again. We are just taking it one day at a time.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #516
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
How much more length should I add?
It does need 1.5" of hem line (2x2 rib)

And playing with his "missiles"

Swag with me! Bing it!

Last edited by stevensmom; 12-05-2012 at 04:13 PM.
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #517
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow Erica! It looks great! I'm so jealous! I want to make my big boys sweaters. I would make it as long as the shirt under it. It looks like a good length on him.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #518
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like the length of his shirt under, so, I would say if the ribbing is supposed to be 1.5 I would go to an inch from where his shirt is so the sweater ends up being about .5 inches longer than where his shirt is now because the ribbing will make it pull up.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #519
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Wow Erica! It looks great! I'm so jealous! I want to make my big boys sweaters. I would make it as long as the shirt under it. It looks like a good length on him.
oh, so, JINX!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #520
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom
How much more length should I add?
It does need 1.5" of hem line (2x2 rib)

And playing with his "missiles"

Looks great! I can't wait to CO that for Luke. Mali is next though. What yarn did you use?