Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #611
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: KAL ~ Christmas Crafts: Dec 2-8

Oh I know sometimes it's impossible to argue with a care provider. Sometimes though showing that you know what you're talking about and presenting other options though opens the door for alternatives. Obviously not something you can negotiate already in labor when there's protocol to follow though I honestly don't think they could GET an IV in me fast enough, especially if I was fighting back pushing. When I was hospitalized for my kidneys it took 9 tries, for surgery it was 11 tries (then they collapsed and I needed a PICC line), and for PTL/stones it was 8 tries. Coming after me for that in labor would end up with a very ANGRY mama bear! The hospital actually talked about leaving my PICC line in for the duration of my pregnancy for when I came back in (hahahaha) to get an epi/pit (even more hahahaha).

Advertisement

Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #612
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just tried to take a pix and it was not worth sharing. It looked terrible. It too icky outside to try and take one out there.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #613
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
if only Benj would think like that
This is almost 12 years of training coming to fruition!

Your box is getting picked up today. I cant wait for you to get it so you can tell me what you think about the little something you have in it.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #614
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
STIH looking great Mindy.

Can't wiat to see Steven modeling his done sweater Erica..it looked great yesterday.

i am almost ready to joing the bottom of the SBS for DD. I am supposed to add a few more sts between the shoulders but I am going to knit the next row onto a long needle and see if it needs anymore. Looks like there may be too many sts already to fit miss skinny.
Remind me what SBS is
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #615
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
Oh I know sometimes it's impossible to argue with a care provider. Sometimes though showing that you know what you're talking about and presenting other options though opens the door for alternatives. Obviously not something you can negotiate already in labor when there's protocol to follow though I honestly don't think they could GET an IV in me fast enough, especially if I was fighting back pushing. When I was hospitalized for my kidneys it took 9 tries, for surgery it was 11 tries (then they collapsed and I needed a PICC line), and for PTL/stones it was 8 tries. Coming after me for that in labor would end up with a very ANGRY mama bear! The hospital actually talked about leaving my PICC line in for the duration of my pregnancy for when I came back in (hahahaha) to get an epi/pit (even more hahahaha).
The nurse I had was soooo lucky I was in such a fast labor that I didn't have time to kill her between contractions. She came in every 5 minutes asking if I was ready for my epidural. She said, "Woman can't have babies without epidurals." and even after TELLING her to stop asking me, she kept on. Oh I ripped the hospital administration a new one about that nurse. I was just glad I got in and out of the hospital in the shortest time I could with having tested + for GBS. I LOVE delivering up here, the med staff are exactly as hands on or off as the patient needs. I tell them to back off, and they do, as much as they can and they don't press me to get anything I don't want. With G they ooohed and aaahhhed over his tiny KL0 CD.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #616
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Benj and I have been together 15 years and still no coming around to encouraging me to get more He says he doesn't mind me getting stuff, but it's the arms crossed in the store "do you really need that" attitude that is wearing off on me and I can hear him in my head everytime I look at things
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #617
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

something beautiful shrug
Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #618
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
Y'all how cute are these?

http://www.polliwogsboutique.com/pages/about.php
Karen, I know you'll like them.
Those are super cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
Love those Dani! My SIL made some like that for Pixie, but the bottom was too slippery on the pergo so she never got to wear them much. Very warm and comfy cozy though.

WIP: The STIH for Pixie. The stitch markers are from Fi

Love it, Mindy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Thanks Mindy, I will look in to that!

She said even if I swabbed negative, they will still give antibiotics because it has colonized in my body so recently. She did do another urinalysis because she wants to make sure it's out of my urinary tract because it can cause preterm labor.

Now, get back on topic! Lol
I had a UTI/Bladder infection last week too (funny coincidence since our due dates are close too). Not sure if it was GBS since my doc never mentioned it. I know she said they were checking my urine at yesterday's appointment to make sure there was no more bacteria since we don't want a pre-term baby. Think I had at least one UTI with each kidlet, but always tested neg. for GBS and didn't need IV at delivery.

My OB was talking about my possible rectal prolapse again and said she's still like me to try a vaginal if baby cooperates but the bummer is at my 6 week post-partum check we need to make sure everything is back "up" where it should be or she'll schedule a reconstructive surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
On topic, who has an opinion on what this wants to be? After I got rebel and empire, rb said I needed the whole "theme" complete and to get light saber even tho it's a yellow green.

Will come back with a link.

my iPhone is a trixie little hobbit that never really says what I mean!

LINK: http://www.ravelry.com/people/fashio...sh/dk-twist-16
That is an awesome color! I think it would be great with something with cables:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dark-and-stormy

....having a hard time finding my fav. cable sweaters on Rav. since my work blocked Flickr
Old 12-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #619
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
The nurse I had was soooo lucky I was in such a fast labor that I didn't have time to kill her between contractions. She came in every 5 minutes asking if I was ready for my epidural. She said, "Woman can't have babies without epidurals." and even after TELLING her to stop asking me, she kept on. Oh I ripped the hospital administration a new one about that nurse. I was just glad I got in and out of the hospital in the shortest time I could with having tested + for GBS. I LOVE delivering up here, the med staff are exactly as hands on or off as the patient needs. I tell them to back off, and they do, as much as they can and they don't press me to get anything I don't want. With G they ooohed and aaahhhed over his tiny KL0 CD.
oh my do a have a horrible story about my first unmedicated delivery. The staff was HORRIBLE...ALL of them, inc my doc (I got stuck w/the practice mid way through my pg b/c my midwife/doc team "left in the middle of the night" kind of thing from their practice--another story). I wrote all kinds of letters but never heard a thing. Of course I was out of that practice as soon as I left the hospital. Long story that doesn't need rehashing.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #620
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

I like the light saber CW