Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #861
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: KAL ~ Christmas Crafts: Dec 2-8

I ate and made fudge

Advertisement

Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #862
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
Don't get angry at me just cause I don't see the point in paying extra $$ for nothing I own a Schacht and don't see anything great about it compared to other wheels I've spun on and owned, it's not an uninformed bias by any means! When I can afford to, I will upgrade it.

For a first wheel, yes. If you watch the youtube videos on bobbin changing etc. you will understand why. I had actually expected Schacht to have a similar setup based on their advertising of the "quick change" bobbins, I was disappointed by that. Fantasias are single drive only, which is a limitation, but the spin is ultra smooth, they perform very well, and the adjustments are near non-existent, so you're learning about spinning vs. wheel mechanics. The bobbins from Kromski and Schacht are almost exactly the same size, Kromskis are just over half the price though.

Why I call it a beginner wheel vs. a mid-range wheel:

It can't take a WooLee Winder. Because of the different magnetic quick change setup, Nathan Lee hasn't come up with a WooLee Winder to work with it. It does however have a sliding hook flyer which is far nicer than hooks, especially non-rotating hooks (*cough* Schacht *cough*)

It is single drive only. Some people don't care, some do. The Matchless double drive setup is not great, so a lot of people actually only use it in single. The Ladybug is supposed to be better in that regard. Majacraft only makes single drive and their performance is superb. Depends what you want.
Thanks! So many choices...and I thought addi vs. knitpicks vs. hiyahiya was a toigh decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas View Post
Avery is having some set backs She is back on 02 and having some troubles. She also lost more weight, and is now 9lbs 14oz .

Anyway, here is my WIP
So sorry about avery'd setback. Prayers and positive thoughts her way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderbren View Post
Finished Emmy's longies!!! Sucky lighting, but here ya go:
Great job, Brenda!

Quote:
I ate and made fudge
Sooo jealous! Somehow my Pirate's booty cheese puffs taste like styrofoam, esp. when compared to fudge.

AFM: Had a long frustrating , bleh meeting this afternoon. I hate having to work when I'm on vacation because other people can't do their jobs
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #863
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Was gone and repeatedly kept checking to see if it was up.Working sleeves on a sweater. Need to get back to knitting. Craving cookie dough.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #864
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD and I are laying in her bed watching rugrats and she was stroking my ear. I asked why and she said "because I love you so much that I want to hug your tiny little ear!"
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #865
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't have fudge, other than licking the tip of the spatula before handing off to the kids to fight over I made it and it's setting. I ate some PW shrimp pasta for dinner, it didn't turn out all that great. DH ended up doctoring it up with some garlic and cheese to salvage it but not a repeat

I told DH next fudge batch I'm doing one pan white chocolate and one pan dark and putting peppermint in the white pan and swirling them, he glowered at me. I was like what on earth is wrong with that? He said "you plan to give it away and I want to eat it all"
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #866
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
DD and I are laying in her bed watching rugrats and she was stroking my ear. I asked why and she said "because I love you so much that I want to hug your tiny little ear!"
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Old 12-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #867
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
I didn't have fudge, other than licking the tip of the spatula before handing off to the kids to fight over I made it and it's setting. I ate some PW shrimp pasta for dinner, it didn't turn out all that great. DH ended up doctoring it up with some garlic and cheese to salvage it but not a repeat

I told DH next fudge batch I'm doing one pan white chocolate and one pan dark and putting peppermint in the white pan and swirling them, he glowered at me. I was like what on earth is wrong with that? He said "you plan to give it away and I want to eat it all"
Sounds so Yummy!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #868
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

oh and Benj came home (late tonight) and first thing he said..."are you still meeting up with your friend tomorrow" yes..."great!"
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #869
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cardi is done and off the needles! Took me longer than I thought it would, but I had to keep looking up different videos to get through the picking up stitches then the bind off it called for. BUT - I did it! Tomorrow hopefully I'll get to weave in the ends and block it. It SO needs to be blocked. Hopefully will have a pic up by the end of the weekend

Off to bed... going to be a long night - DS (2) has been pukey sick since dinnertime. Hubby is going to sleep with him tonight as he doesn't want anything to do with mommy. So I get clean up/laundry duty and hubby gets stinky boy snuggly duty.

Your longies look great Brenda!

Nite!

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #870
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
Cardi is done and off the needles! Took me longer than I thought it would, but I had to keep looking up different videos to get through the picking up stitches then the bind off it called for. BUT - I did it! Tomorrow hopefully I'll get to weave in the ends and block it. It SO needs to be blocked. Hopefully will have a pic up by the end of the weekend

Off to bed... going to be a long night - DS (2) has been pukey sick since dinnertime. Hubby is going to sleep with him tonight as he doesn't want anything to do with mommy. So I get clean up/laundry duty and hubby gets stinky boy snuggly duty.

Your longies look great Brenda!

Nite!
Aww, sorry bout the sickies!