Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #881
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: KAL ~ Christmas Crafts: Dec 2-8

Great longies Brenda! Sound busy today..take time to knit! LOL on the CC yarn

Poor little Avery Get better soon little one. She is going to look cute in those overalls soon!

Have fun today Mindy and Erica.

Oh my, I've forgotten the rest.

Tree and house xmas lights today. Getting ready to go out to breakfast and pick the tree and decorate tonight.

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #882
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

OH, I finally get the shrug on a long needle to try it on and join and its absolutely HUGE. I just made the big size w/dk and thought it would would out based on gauge and the age of my child. Well, when child has the chest size of a 3yo, it doesn't magicaly work out even though it sounds good on paper to have "growing room". ribbit, ribbit
Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #883
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

aw, Karyn
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #884
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
is your stuff flat right now? what that's telling you to do is a cast on part to carry over but I really need more to be sure. So, it's similar to where you have to cast on stitches on the hudson hat to make the hat part that connects the ear flaps. it wants you to add 10 stitches (if you turn your work backwards, you knit the last stitch on the left hand needle *which should have your working yarn end in it* with your right hand needle and place the new stitch on the left hand. now knit into that stitch again and again until you have 10 more stitches than you did. Maybe join to the other side and knit or maybe turn back and knit... I would bet you are joining to the other side because she doesn't say turn but that is where I need to know more to be sure.
OK I think I mentally get this... B woke up shortly after you replied, but I'll try this soon. Probably nap though so I can really pay attention.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #885
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:
I read the update on Avery I hope she is able to get past this setback quickly and come back home.

Brenda great job on the longies.

Sorry about the shrug Karyn.

I worked on the RHS for DD last night. I sure hope it fits. It's slightly small right now but my swatch bloomed a bit so I'm hoping it will all work out. I'm loving working with the yarn so far. It KP gloss.

Today we are getting the Christmas decorations out and setting up the tree, maybe a little shopping and baking some shortbread.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #886
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Up early this AM. My CT is acting up and kept me up all night. I got super numb fingers and achy elbows...this stinks. I can barely type let alone knit today

We were thinking of attempting another "snow" activity, but DH doesn't like the idea of waiting in line with the boys..so we'll probably hit up a Christmas craft fair then go to the light parade and C's art award presentation at city hall. So proud of my munchkin!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #887
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderbren View Post
Finished Emmy's longies!!! Sucky lighting, but here ya go:
Those look great, nice job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2 View Post

So sorry about avery'd setback. Prayers and positive thoughts her way.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
DD and I are laying in her bed watching rugrats and she was stroking my ear. I asked why and she said "because I love you so much that I want to hug your tiny little ear!"
Awe how sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderbren View Post

Savannah, your WIP is beautiful. Sending positive thoughts for Avery. I hope she gets better soon!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post

Poor little Avery Get better soon little one. She is going to look cute in those overalls soon!
I have a feeling they won't fit her for quite some time. I made them in a sm/md size and she is now under 10lbs :/ but they will look cute when they DO fit her

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugMonkey View Post
I read the update on Avery I hope she is able to get past this setback quickly and come back home. .
Thanks. It is looking like it may be a while. They have to unclog her before they can biopsy to even figure out what is wrong, and THEN they have to figure out how to treat and prevent it from happening again, THEN she has to gain back all the weight she is losing, and then some. I just pray she is home in time for Christmas.

Morning ladies! I finished my overalls this morning I will get a picture soon, but I can't find my memory card and cell phone pictures suck. I am waiting for the laundry to finish washing so I can hop in the shower, and then head up to the city to see my girl.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #888
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Great longies Brenda, it looks like they will match everything. I need to make more like that.

Finished our "Christmas Kids" shopping today. Sending #1 to a program today so we can get the house cleaned up while Butch naps to hopefully decorate the tree later. May get some knitting done. I'm onto the body of the Brooks longies and I'm not sure I like how the colors are going. Need to remeasure to see if I can take a few stitches out to change it up a little bit.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #889
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have Christmas party to attend Saturday and Sunday so no knitting here for the weekend. I bought the harumi cardi so I'm knitting it after the test cardi for DD OTN.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #890
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Who was looking for a code for AG? At the top of DS I just saw Free Shipping on $75 or more with code (removed). It's no use to me now since we already bought ours, but in case someone else needs it!

Edit: I'm not quite sure if I am allowed to give the code on here, so I removed it - feel free to PM me for it if you need it.

Last edited by traderbren; 12-08-2012 at 12:07 PM.
traderbren is offline   Reply With Quote