Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
Are Get Ready, Get Set & Go for the Code worth it?

My son used Explode the Code starting with book 1. We LOVE ETC. He just finished book 5, and we'll continue through book 8. However, my daughter is now 4, and I'm debating on whether we should start her with the early books, or just wait and start her with book 1? She can write letters fairly well, she can write her name, she has other workbooks with matching and letter practice. I'm just unsure about Get Ready, Get Set & Go.

Also, would I need the teacher guide for Get Ready, Get Set & Go? I know many don't use the TG for ETC, I've used the guide sparingly for 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and I've found after completing book 5, that the TG is something I want, especially for higher levels, so I can teach and apply what is being taught.

Mama of 3 little munchkins!

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Are Get Ready, Get Set & Go for the Code worth it?

I have been using Get Ready for my 5 year old. He didn't know the alphabet well or letter sounds. He has been learning really well from the book. I dont use the TG. If she already knows letter sounds then you wont need to use it. It is mostly focuses on letter sounds with practice writing the letters. Get Ready only goes over 4 or 5 letters for the whole book. I have never used ETC before this, so I dont know what the other books are like, but we will most likely be using them. I was worried my ds wouldnt pick up any letter sounds, but surprisingly he has.
Beth - homeschooling, Christ loving mom to Magus '99, Malakai '01, Bastian '07, Jace '09, Step Mom to Seth '95, married to Damon, love of my life!
My last ds is pl'ed!
faiths13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
Re: Are Get Ready, Get Set & Go for the Code worth it?

they are part of my kinder curriculum and I really like them..and I do use the teachers guide. It has awesome suggestions and even games in it.
Natasha: Mom to toddlers and tweens and everything in between.
5PrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote