Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
Haha.. That's what I'll say next time... "why aren't you showing yet?" "Oh, my abs are just squishing the baby." O.o haha.
OMG I would just die laughing if someone said that to me!

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
That's what I'll say next time... "why aren't you showing yet?" "Oh, my abs are just squishing the baby." O.o haha.
Ha! With baby #3 and after twins the 1st time I was ready for maternity pants by 8 weeks! I tell people my abs have gone on permanent vacation
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So to keep telling you my car drama but here it goes

We went to the dealership said we wanted
1-used
2-satellite radio
3-dvd
4-navigation

What they showed us

1) 2012 New with nothing in it for $30000--sorry I am not paying $30000 for a car that has NOTHING IN IT! That will be $22000 next yr

2) 2013 everything in it for $37000--it's a mini van right? Sorry if it sounds snobby but seriously some perspective here.

So when they called us with the numbers and what they had for us--you guessed it not with in the down payment we told them and not the monthly budget we gave them.

I guess the fact that we went there on a Saturday night with 3 kids gave them the indication that we are idiots.

So Dh is like look I do not care how much the total cost is as long as it
a-has what we ask for
b-fits in our monthly budget

ME
1) I do not care if it fits in our monthly budget I am looking at how soon we can pay it off and so it has to fit in the budget but it has to paid off ASAP!
2) If it fits everyone and is in proper working condition (ok so that was 3)

Sorry for the vent
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #14
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Oh trust me... I am NOT showing enough! it's hardly a noticeable baby bump - sometimes it still just looks like a spare tire, haha.
Apprently this is me... i thought it was pretty darn obvious now... i have had people ask me if i'm pregnant. But I was at a work lunch last week... and apprently other then people who have been specifiacally told no one had noticed I'm pregnant. I guess they all just think i'm fat.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have days when I look pregnant and days when I look fat. but I certainly don't look 22weeks.

on another note.........
I am very stressed and disheartened right now. Just got back from the ultrasound followup appt and they want to schedule another ultrasound between 28-32 weeks because they believe the baby's cord is wrapped around it's neck.

and of course, my csection was due to fetal distress caused by a wrapped cord AND this baby is breech and I'm concerned that if the cord is wrapped already and it's tight enough, then the baby won't be able to turn because there won't be enough cord to allow a turn (the placenta is at the top of the uterus).

I am getting very disheartened about my chances for a vbac
Old 12-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I am one of those people that unless I see a baby coming out of your hooha, I would not say a word if you didn't first!

Regarding the vehicle, have you looked around online to see what vehicles that fit your specs are going for? It may not be a realistic budget for your requirements and that may be why they are having so much trouble showing you what you want. When we were van shopping, we had already researched online so we knew what was out there and what to expect to pay for the features we wanted. Most dealers have online inventory now where you can select criteria and it will pull up what they have.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #17
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I am one of those people that unless I see a baby coming out of your hooha, I would not say a word if you didn't first!

Regarding the vehicle, have you looked around online to see what vehicles that fit your specs are going for? It may not be a realistic budget for your requirements and that may be why they are having so much trouble showing you what you want. When we were van shopping, we had already researched online so we knew what was out there and what to expect to pay for the features we wanted. Most dealers have online inventory now where you can select criteria and it will pull up what they have.
Yes, and we told them what exactly we wanted and they had it but they insisted on showing us new ones bc they were tyring to move them off the lot and would get us a "better" price.

So we are still talking with them but I feel like if they just showed us from the beggining what we asked for they would have a sale and we would be driving the car right now.

I have been shopping online and doing research since I got pregnant lol. So I know what they have and what we want And technically we could get the other vans but I do not want to be extravigant you know, bc I am trying to remember it is still a car.

Last edited by dagmomma; 12-03-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #18
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I have days when I look pregnant and days when I look fat. but I certainly don't look 22weeks.

on another note.........
I am very stressed and disheartened right now. Just got back from the ultrasound followup appt and they want to schedule another ultrasound between 28-32 weeks because they believe the baby's cord is wrapped around it's neck.

and of course, my csection was due to fetal distress caused by a wrapped cord AND this baby is breech and I'm concerned that if the cord is wrapped already and it's tight enough, then the baby won't be able to turn because there won't be enough cord to allow a turn (the placenta is at the top of the uterus).

I am getting very disheartened about my chances for a vbac
I now how you feel ds2 was a c/s also. I wanted a vbac with him but they discovered he had low amniotic fluid and I did not want to risk anything. So he too was a c/s. But I was able to finally have a vbac with dd.

The best you can do is go with your gut and your feelings. I think that guided me with both ds2 and dd.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #19
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I now how you feel ds2 was a c/s also. I wanted a vbac with him but they discovered he had low amniotic fluid and I did not want to risk anything. So he too was a c/s. But I was able to finally have a vbac with dd.

The best you can do is go with your gut and your feelings. I think that guided me with both ds2 and dd.
thanks - it is nice to hear that someone understands

DH is trying, but he's like 'a csection would be so much easier - we'd be able to bring up family to take care of DD, we wouldn't have to drive an hour to Boise (csections happen 5minutes down the road on base), you would be well rested......'. he's trying, but he's also very logical.

I am trying to just relax and wait until the next ultrasound to get freaked out, but the truth is that I'm a worrier and a stresser. Breech I could fix, but breech with the cord wrapped? it seems insurmountable.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #20
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
thanks - it is nice to hear that someone understands

DH is trying, but he's like 'a csection would be so much easier - we'd be able to bring up family to take care of DD, we wouldn't have to drive an hour to Boise (csections happen 5minutes down the road on base), you would be well rested......'. he's trying, but he's also very logical.

I am trying to just relax and wait until the next ultrasound to get freaked out, but the truth is that I'm a worrier and a stresser. Breech I could fix, but breech with the cord wrapped? it seems insurmountable.
Yeah just relax and try to take each day or appt how it comes. For us technically a c/s is easier for schedules and stuff and you can tell everyone when and how.

With ds2 I just kept an open mind. I wanted a vbac incredibily bad but then I decided ok c/s. I was upset and nervous. DH was nervous as well, he hates hospitals and surgery. But I actually went into labor the day of my scheduled c/s. When I got into the hospital I was already 6cm and I was giving the option. I just took a deep breath and thought about it. I went with what we planned bc I felt there was a reason I planeed it that way n the 1st place. Well it turned out DS2 had some loose knots that had happened in the last day or 2 while doing flips in my uterus. They had said that if I went vaginally I would have been taken in for another emergency c/s.

My recovery was amazing and I got discharged very quickly. Dh had me walking through Cooperstown NY (baseball hall of fame) a week later.

With dd I knew I wanted a vbac and was determined but at the same time left my options open and got myself in the best shape mentally and physically to have a vba2c. Nothing came up where I thought ok maybe I should do a c/s. So I went into labor and was in the hospital laboring from 5am until 7:45pm when I started pushing and 45 minutes later she was there.

Sounds weird but I feel like my ds1 unnecessary c/s is what saved ds2 bc I would have never opted for a c/s. And with DD I just had this amazing feeling with amazing Drs that a vba2c was definately the right choice.

I know how hard it is I hope you feel at peace with whatever route you go.

Last edited by dagmomma; 12-03-2012 at 11:44 AM.