Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #21
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Car shopping is fun but also very stressful so I feel you on that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrang
on another note.........
I am very stressed and disheartened right now. Just got back from the ultrasound followup appt and they want to schedule another ultrasound between 28-32 weeks because they believe the baby's cord is wrapped around it's neck.

and of course, my csection was due to fetal distress caused by a wrapped cord AND this baby is breech and I'm concerned that if the cord is wrapped already and it's tight enough, then the baby won't be able to turn because there won't be enough cord to allow a turn (the placenta is at the top of the uterus).

I am getting very disheartened about my chances for a vbac
I am sorry about the bad/inconclusive news. I have no advice since I have never been there.

Afm: ultrasound showed a healthy baby boy! He measured two days early and 14 oz! Now here comes the not so good news. I have a complete placenta previa. So, looks like a lot of my plans will be changing to prepare for a worst case scenario. Thank goodness for modern medicine!

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #22
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Dec 2nd-8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Car shopping is fun but also very stressful so I feel you on that one!

I am sorry about the bad/inconclusive news. I have no advice since I have never been there.

Afm: ultrasound showed a healthy baby boy! He measured two days early and 14 oz! Now here comes the not so good news. I have a complete placenta previa. So, looks like a lot of my plans will be changing to prepare for a worst case scenario. Thank goodness for modern medicine!
Tha could change though, right?
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #23
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
modern medicine is really a nice thing, isn't it?

but still sorry that you're having to deal with that. You have such a good attitude.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #24
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Tha could change though, right?
I am not really sure. My doc was very nonchalant about the whole thing, but he is nonchalant about everything. The tech seemed more concerned than he did. But it is a complete cover which a quick google search said most do not move. Its mostly just the partial and close coverings that move. So I haven't given up hope, but I am gonna move home sooner so that I'll be established with the doc I'll deliver with at the next ultrasound check (28 weeks). I don't see many doc's allowing me to transfer in to their clinic with a placenta previa in the last trimester... I'd rather just be prepared. Plus, I get to move home a month early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
modern medicine is really a nice thing, isn't it?

but still sorry that you're having to deal with that. You have such a good attitude.
It is, indeed. Thanks. =)
Old 12-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #25
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

see when I moved--with every pregnancy I just went to the Dr I found and after or before my appt gave them the history of the pregnancy and never had anyone reject or not consider taking me. They do that?
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #26
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MEG - I had placenta previa with my 6th I think, anyway, it was completely moved by the next scan, maybe it will be the same for you!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #27
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got PINK curtains for the nursery today and a blanket to put over the recliner that is in there. I also bought one outfit. I must be totally hormonal because every time I get to buy something pink I am so happy I could cry! LOL Silly, I know, but I guess I had thought I would never have another girl.
I am feeling her move a lot all day and I love it! Very reassuring to feel her jumping around in there.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #28
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
you know, I might have a tilted uterus as well.. they told me at my last pap that I had a tilted something.. and tilted vagina gets pretty much no google results, so I'm thinking uterus. lol. maybe that's reason #2 that I don't show very much until they end.

I know some people still think that you're not a healthy preggo unless you're eating for 4 people and waddling around by 20 weeks. ah well, what can you do....
tilted vagina
Yup, a tilted uterus can definitely affect how you show.

I try not to eat for 4 people - really, I don't eat more now than I did not pregnant - but I'm very close to, if not all ready, waddling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
You're in trouble either way. You're either not showing enough or you're so big you just MUST be having twins.
Yup. Get that all the time. Bugs me like crazy. Stupid rude people.

Quote:
Well it was not a fluke ds1 had the pukies last night!
Shucks.

Quote:
Add me to the list of tilted uteri (never needed to use the plural of uterus. Is that right)? I am definitely showing but it definitely still hides in some clothes.

Elena, I have pretty much decided to put our dog down. Every shelter, trainer, behaviorist, and vet I have called (my cell minutes are gonna be close to over this month!) recommends we put him down. So DH asked me to give his work friend a week to try and find a home for him, but I think he just needs time to process it. I am gonna set something up for late this week or early next week.
Definitely no hiding this bump here. Well... maybe in a mumu?

I'm sorry that you have to make that choice about your dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I have a tipped uterus as well, for both pregnancies (I'm not sure if the tipping can change or not, so figured I'd mention that, LOL!). I definitely show, tipped or not! I think it really just depends on your body, how much weight you naturally carry even when not pregnant, and probably something to do with abdominal muscle strength
If it's tipped, it's usually tipped all the time - pregnant or not, and even before you were ever pregnant, just how your body was made. Of course, something like abdominal surgery or whatnot could change things, but under normal circumstances, I mean.
Abdominal muscles can definitely make a big difference, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
So, it's official. I am sick. I woke up at three am and was totally congested with a sore throat. Ugh! Luckily, my sweet DH called in, so he is home today and tomorrow (his normal off shift day). Thank goodness! Gabriel is just getting worse.
Oh shucks. That stinks. Hope it doesn't last too long for you. If it's a good bug, kids tend to get it worse than us because their body doesn't have the immune system/antibodies to draw on like we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I have a tilted uterus......to the front!! A friend at church said i was lookibg especialky pregnant yesterday.
Yup - if it's tilted back, you'll show later (baby has to get to a size to "lift" the uterus and move it forward). If it's tilted forward, you'll likely show early and be bigger! (not actually be, but appear)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Ha! With baby #3 and after twins the 1st time I was ready for maternity pants by 8 weeks! I tell people my abs have gone on permanent vacation
I've always needed mat pants by 6-7 weeks, even with my first. Just no way around it for me. Well, I could go without pants... but that doesn't seem like a valid option!

Quote:
So to keep telling you my car drama but here it goes
I'd give them one more chance to show you something you've actually told them you want, and if they didn't, I'd walk away. Tell them you're going with someone else. I can see them giving you a couple options to look at other than what you've specified, but they should have one or 2 that are "just right" for what you've said you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
Apprently this is me... i thought it was pretty darn obvious now... i have had people ask me if i'm pregnant. But I was at a work lunch last week... and apprently other then people who have been specifiacally told no one had noticed I'm pregnant. I guess they all just think i'm fat.
Aww, that's no fun... although it did make me to read it. Just think - those people will be very surprised when you have a baby!

Quote:
I am very stressed and disheartened right now. Just got back from the ultrasound followup appt and they want to schedule another ultrasound between 28-32 weeks because they believe the baby's cord is wrapped around it's neck.
I understand the want for a VBAC. But what is best and safest for baby definitely trumps "wants".
I do wonder if that's why baby is breech for you - if the cord is around the neck, baby may not be able to turn without being choked.
It definitely is a stinky situation to have to consider, and I'll that it will either have been a mistake or be "corrected" by the next u/s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I am one of those people that unless I see a baby coming out of your hooha, I would not say a word if you didn't first!

Quote:
DH is trying, but he's like 'a csection would be so much easier
How in the world is major abdominal surgery truly easier than a vaginal birth that your body is made for?!
to heck with schedules and it all being easier that way - surgery is not the easy route.

Quote:
Congrats on your baby boy!!! the placent is able to move up and away from the cervix.

Quote:
But it is a complete cover which a quick google search said most do not move. Its mostly just the partial and close coverings that move.
Yes, I've seen the same thing. Partial is more likely to move than not, but complete... well, it has further to need to move, so it kinda makes sense.
Still, it will for you.

Good luck with the moving! Will you stay with your family there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6 View Post
I must be totally hormonal because every time I get to buy something pink I am so happy I could cry! LOL Silly, I know, but I guess I had thought I would never have another girl.
Pregnancy hormones on top of that help, I'm sure!

AFM: Got the tree up this morning - we're not decorating it tonight cuz it needs a bit more time for the branches to relax and open, but maybe tomorrow.
I made apple pie for dessert tonight and now I want more! Gonna sneak another piece after the kids are in bed - don't want to have to share!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #29
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Emily- was talking with my doc about breech babies. She said every one she's seen stay breech stayed that way for a reason. I'm in the breech club too! Keeping fingers crossed baby turns! I had a VBAC last time and much prefer it. But babies safety comes 1st to me
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #30
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
see when I moved--with every pregnancy I just went to the Dr I found and after or before my appt gave them the history of the pregnancy and never had anyone reject or not consider taking me. They do that?
According to my mom and the nurses she works with. :shrug: But the one OB group I originally wanted did hmm and haw about it. They eventually agreed but said they wouldnt let me make any appts until they had my records in hand. That was before this whole thing. Their hospital doesn't have a nicu though so I am gonna call a new office tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6
MEG - I had placenta previa with my 6th I think, anyway, it was completely moved by the next scan, maybe it will be the same for you!
Thank you! Loving these kind of stories!

Elena, I will be moving in with my mom and step dad. My dad and step mom live a mile down the road and my ILs live 2 hrs away so I will have lots of help and company. My mom/step-dad are awesome. Last time DS was 6 months old and they never let me cook and only cleaning at my insistence. They are just what DS and I need! Especially if I had any bed rest.Do your kids enjoy decorating with you? I love sneaking dessert after ds is in bed.