Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
Doodlebrainette
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ebay Seller Issue

I purchased a gift for my grandma on eBay last night. There was no reserve and nothing about a minimum bid requirement. I sent my payment immediately. Ebay said my payment was pending, so I double checked and found that the seller hadn't accepted my payment. I sent them this message:
"I just sent you a payment for the _______ and paypal says it is unclaimed. Please let me know if I need to cancel this one and resend it.
Thanks"

The message I get this morning is:
"There is no payment from you in my paypal account for the ___________. Your bid was too low, so I am reposting the watch for a higher bid.
Thanks for your interest."

Now, I'm pretty disappointed! It was perfect for my grandma! But it isn't worth ruining the holidays over. I'll find her something else, so it isn't a huge issue.

Anyway, I guess that this point, I'd really just like him to cancel the transaction. I don't want it open and looking like I didn't pay. I have the option to cancel the unclaimed paypal payment (which I really want to do because I don't want it accepted later and me not notice it), but I'm afraid if I cancel the payment, he can say I didn't pay. Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

TIA!

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ebay Seller Issue

I would contact ebay. It is not your fault if they did not set up the auction the way they wanted Ebay should be able to help you proceed and eliminate you having any more contact with that seller.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
junebug2311
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever
I would contact ebay. It is not your fault if they did not set up the auction the way they wanted.
Exactly this.

If you already won, they cannot re-list just because they want more $$ for it; unless they asked you and you agreed to it.

Contact eBay.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #4
Doodlebrainette
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! I just called eBay and they are reporting him for non-selling. They also said I can leave negative feedback and if he tries to leave positive feedback with a negative comment, then they will remove it.

Apparently, the seller has to cancel the transaction on his end in order to close the whole thing out on eBay. They suggested I contact Paypal about my pending payment. I'll have to deal with that later, since I we start school in about 30 minutes.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Open a case with eBay (technically the other person should open the case, but..). You and the seller can both agree on the conclusion (even if you don't) and part amicability with the transaction closed.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote