Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
If you do pillows in the crib

What age did you start and what kind of pillow did you use (size, fluffiness?)

Full-time WOHM and wifey to sweet angel J (7/29/11). Cloth Diapering, Fully Vaxing, Babywearing, semi-crunchy little family.
firsttimeclothmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: If you do pillows in the crib

We started a little after 2 years about the same time we converted the crib to a toddler bed.

We got a toddler pillow from this company

I actually got the shredded rubber one instead of the wool one. It feels a little lumpy but my son doesn't complain.

I actually have one that is wool filled and my husband and I have decided that the best pillow would have wool and shredded rubber in it. Wool for softness and rubber for support.

On my list of things to do it learn to make a pillow.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I didn't put one in the crib, so I don't fit your title, but I felt like giving my anyway.

We give pillows when we switch to a toddler bed. For all 5 of our olders that has been around 18 months. Well, actually, our 2 youngest (twins), we didn't switch till they were much closer to 2 or even a little over. I can't remember. We just dragged our heals doing it. Anyway, that is when we give one...when we change to a toddler bed.
Heather SAHM to 6 who are 7 and under, including 2 sets of twins and our last little miracle, a surviving identical twin, born Oct 2012!
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Only pillow ifneed to have baby start on side as positioner.toddler uses flaT one in toddler bed...regular pillow.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, amazon-my habit, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdie
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:
Dd1 stole a small 8-10" square throw pillow at 14mos. It was the first thing she got attached too so I let her keep it. Dd2 got a travel pillow at 10mos b/c she was gathering everything in reach and sleeping on top of it lol
House Goddess & mama to 8 yr old princess L , 6 yr old mama magnet J and 9mos old love bug C

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

My firstborn had a pillow that WAS his bed (one of those foam ones with an indent in the middle) for his whole infancy. It went under his head around a year old or so. My younger son also got a pillow around a year old. His is pretty flat and just a cheap one from Kohl's or Big Lots or somewhere like that.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
Registered Users

A little over 2 years old for each kiddo. Baby Girl is 1 and doesn't have one yet. At 2 yrs. old I just gave them a pretty flat one, but regular size.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
Registered Users

Can't remember exactly, but we gave DS a pillow around 18 - 20 months as I remember. It was a toddler pillow from BRU. He had been using his stuffed animals as a pillow for awhile, so we finally figured it was time.
Proud SAHM to Connor (8-6-10) and our little born 4-14-13
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner

DD1 was about 2. I never even thought of giving her one before then. She slept fine without it so it didn't cross my mind. It was a standard size pillow but extremely flat.
Hilary, head over heels wifey of a Coastie
Mama of Aubrey & Delaney
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #10
Registered Users
My Mood:

OP what age are you thinking of?

I totally dont fit your title since we cosleep and and dd has no interest in a pillow at 22mos.

I wouldnt even consider it before 12mos preferably closer to two.

I was just curious.
~Amber, sahm to Caden 02/17/03, and Baby Georgia 1/30/11!
"I'll just have to save him. Because, after all, a person's a person no matter how small." His Body His Choice, Say NO to circumcision! ISO:xbox360 monster jam path of destruction
wonton is offline   Reply With Quote