Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #91
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's December Support Thread

I am baking today. Bread, two batches of pumpkin bread (mini loaves with chocolate chips and regular loaves plain), granola bars, chocolate chip cookie bars, and maybe brown bottom banana bars (not sure I have enough bananas that are super ripe).

I did get on the elliptical this morning, and have eaten well so far. Working on drinking some water. We're having dinner at church tonight, so while it'll be healthy, as far as what is served, I don't know how much of it I'll eat. I don't know what veggie they are serving.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #92
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

30ds day 2 done! Easier than yesterday, which is shocking to me. I'm starting to feel so good about this.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #93
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira View Post
I just went ahead and weighed myself... I lost 5 pounds since last Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I'm not doing well at turning stuff down. A coworker brought in his amazing homemade Baklava. This is the only time of year I can eat it because he is the only person I've ever heard of who makes it from almonds instead of walnuts and I'm allergic to walnuts. It's so good, but at 300 calories a piece and I ate three peices, ya, I"m sunk.
I am Greek and LOVE Baklava, though never had it with Almonds, sounds wonderful! I bought some last yr from Costco, BLEGH, it was horrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
I am baking today. Bread, two batches of pumpkin bread (mini loaves with chocolate chips and regular loaves plain), granola bars, chocolate chip cookie bars, and maybe brown bottom banana bars (not sure I have enough bananas that are super ripe).

I did get on the elliptical this morning, and have eaten well so far. Working on drinking some water. We're having dinner at church tonight, so while it'll be healthy, as far as what is served, I don't know how much of it I'll eat. I don't know what veggie they are serving.

I forgot your name, was it Crystal?? I used to tlak alot back and forth on here with you last yr, glad to see you arond still! Anyways, how do you control yourself from eating while baking? I found that gum is my friend, cause if not, I taste test everything when it is hot and when it is dough still....

AFM: Did a day on walking the lbs away yesterday, I did the easy 1 mile one. Today I did the 2 mile one and I started bleeding alot. (baby is a week old) Not sure if that means I did too much?? But I felt wonderful moving and doing it. Still having a horrid tme with cookies and ate 4 today. Friends keep bringing food over, if it isn't in the house I don't buy it. If I am trying to be healthy I don't cook it since I have horrible will power issues. I am very curious as to what my weight is, but till we buy a scale I am in the dark. WHich is good cause I am an obcessive weigher when we have one.
DO you think they will go on sale after the new yr with all the resolutionists out there?

Kaleidascopeeyes----- Didn't you used to do HCG? Are you going back on that this round?
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #94
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

The only thing I have a problem controlling myself on when I bake is chocolate chip cookie dough, which I didn't make today. I was going to, but after the batch of regular bread, two batches of pumpkin bread, granola bars, and hot cocoa mix, I was too tired and my kitchen too messy. lol Anyway, with the chocolate cookie dough, I don't eat the cookies, so I don't feel bad about the 3-4 cookies worth of dough. I make a large enough batch of cookies that I am only doing them maybe once a week.

As for the other things, I have tweaked a lot of my recipes and so they are healthier. For instance, I cut the sugar by a third and the oil by a half in my pumpkin bread. It is made with fresh ground whole grain wheat or spelt. Granola bars are full of protein and good fats.

Also, I don't bake when I'm hungry.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #95
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctj101502 View Post

Kaleidascopeeyes----- Didn't you used to do HCG? Are you going back on that this round?
yea hats what i did last time to lose the pg weight. im going to start again in Jan.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #96
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, this whole eating thing needs to get in control... I already had a couple pieces of pineapple, 2 eggs cooked in bacon grease and 3 bites of cheesy potatoes. I keep telling myself it is okay cause I am nursing, but I know I need to cut back, should have had 1 egg and no taters... I am about to have a keifer smoothie which I feel fine driinking tons since it is made from homemade keifer, spinach, berries,banana,flax,honey and all are organic. I know this does lots of good for baby and I both. Plus the whole family likes it with breakfast every morning.
I guess my 1st goal is to just get some exercise in, which I am on day 3 and will get it in today.
2. not eating after 6pm, I started eating late again when preggo and this is hard to break
3/ Not eating baked goods of any kind- I bake alot so this wil be hard
4. Not eating any type of bread/pastry/tortilla/rice etc. I don't like to say no carbs cause I am a HUGE fruit lover, so I am just going to eventually get away from any type of these products.
Once I get these 4 things under control I wil be doing well. I did great last yr before baby and now have to get back to it and I will never be preggo again, so no reason to ever go back!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #97
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
yea hats what i did last time to lose the pg weight. im going to start again in Jan.
Yeah hated that stuff, I tried for a few days but it wasn't for me, too hard
Old 12-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #98
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctj101502 View Post
Yeah hated that stuff, I tried for a few days but it wasn't for me, too hard
i love it. had tons of energy, no appetite, never hungry. its always hard at first if you are use to eating sugars. im eating low carb right now before i start the drops, it makes the transition easier
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #99
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I managed to put in 13 min. on the elliptical this morning. I know it's not much but something seemed better than nothing. I really want to do 30DS again. But I"m SOO tired. I guess I figure something is better than nothing. I'm starting my christmas baking and I think the only way I'm going to get through this is if I work out so I can eat a little more. I know I should be eating healthy stuff but this way I don't feel totally deprived.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #100
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I did about 15 minutes on the elliptical this morning. I am feeling fairly wiped this morning. It's almost as if I've got some sort of bug that just isn't really becoming a full illness. I don't know. Maybe I've just not been spending enough time outside in the sunshine.