Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #141
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's December Support Thread

Made it through fitness goal number 2. I have completed workout routine 2 on my elliptical. It was a real push at one point, but I made it. I think I'm going to start alternating workouts 1 and 2 for awhile. I also did the strength stuff my brother set out for me on Monday. Well, part of it. He broke it into two parts that are supposed to be alternated. I only did one part. I'm going to do that part again today and Friday. Next week I'll probably do the same, and then I'll add the other part in at least on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I don't typically do anything on the weekends, but the strength stuff doesn't take long, so maybe I'll do that as well. If I can keep it straight, I'll alternate weeks.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #142
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Amber, Congrats on your pregnancy! I remember those early days. Some of the things that I could eat that were not carb related were green apples and citrus fruits. Hope you feel better soon!

Tallanvor, great job on the elliptical! I just got one and I really need to start using it more frequently.

I was down 1lb this morning. I wasn't able to eat much yesterday as I had some sort of stomach bug (my kids had it on Monday). I feel better today so I am trying to replenish!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #143
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Amber, Congrats on your pregnancy! I remember those early days. Some of the things that I could eat that were not carb related were green apples and citrus fruits. Hope you feel better soon!

Tallanvor, great job on the elliptical! I just got one and I really need to start using it more frequently.

I was down 1lb this morning. I wasn't able to eat much yesterday as I had some sort of stomach bug (my kids had it on Monday). I feel better today so I am trying to replenish!
<3 Thanks =-)

I've been sipping on Izzes sparkling juice and peppermint tea and eating sour suckers and oranges to try and keep things down. I'm hungry all the time though

I hope you are feeling better today <3
Old 12-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #144
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I finally lost a pound after being stuck for weeks. I've decided that I'm just going to weigh myself once a week ( well maybe twice) instead of everyday. I'm also going to weigh naked in the morning because its the lightest time of the day and more encouraging. I didn't start tracking today because I was too busy with the kids, but I know everything I ate so I'm going to write it down now. So happy that scale finally budged. It's nice to be 189 instead of 190 lbs. 9 pounds away from short term goal. I wanted to be there by the end of the month but if I can lose it by the end of January I'll be happy.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #145
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
I finally lost a pound after being stuck for weeks. I've decided that I'm just going to weigh myself once a week ( well maybe twice) instead of everyday. I'm also going to weigh naked in the morning because its the lightest time of the day and more encouraging. I didn't start tracking today because I was too busy with the kids, but I know everything I ate so I'm going to write it down now. So happy that scale finally budged. It's nice to be 189 instead of 190 lbs. 9 pounds away from short term goal. I wanted to be there by the end of the month but if I can lose it by the end of January I'll be happy.
I always weigh in the morning, naked. Usually twice a week, if I remember. When I first started obsessing about it, I made a set weigh-in day for every Friday unless I had PMS or AF-- then I usually skipped to the next Friday LOL
Old 12-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #146
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I switched over today from my WW app to MFP. My WW needs renewed and I don't think it was worth it.

My calories were set as 1500. I don't think I can do that and keep my milk supply up. Any advice on where I should set it? Ds is 6 mo and still Ebf. Well mostly.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #147
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

WTG to the weight loss during the holidays ladies and for increasing workouts/muscle training!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma View Post
I switched over today from my WW app to MFP. My WW needs renewed and I don't think it was worth it.

My calories were set as 1500. I don't think I can do that and keep my milk supply up. Any advice on where I should set it? Ds is 6 mo and still Ebf. Well mostly.

I have never figured out what was optimal for EBfing calorie wise. When I was consistent w. working out/walking and burning about 500 cal a day in exercise plus what ever you burn ebfing I was taking in about 2000 cals and losing around 2lbs a week, sometimes less but losing inches definite. If not working out, I am sticking around 1500 though MFP says 1200 for me. I struggle staying at that number and working out, so I am seeing I am more around 1500 by the end of the night. But I have days when I go somewhere w/ food and gorge on stuff that I shouldn't, so that probably evens out the lower number other days.

As for ww, I am not real familiar w/ their tactics, DH has a special to use them and his work pays 80% of the costs, I have thought about it, but decided I didn't want to pay the 20%. YEah I am that cheap

mfp- ctj101502 find me
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #148
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Hello again ladies!!! I'm sorry I am not a regular on here. I almost never get onto DS anymore! I am just so busy as I just started back to school to get my elementary teaching certificate. I am back in full swing trying to get to my goal weight. I am on MFP regularly if any of you are on there and want to add me (and haven't yet) my username is hallensd.

Your name: Heather
Starting Weight: 296lbs
Current Weight: 222lbs
Short-Term Goal: Lose 8lbs by 1/31/12
Long-Term Goal: 100lbs lost
Weight Lost to Date: 74lbs
Weight Loss Plan: Paleo/Primal eating, Exercise 3-4x a week, track on MyFitnessPal

I finally got a decent scale (a WW one that also does body fat calculations), and it is weighing me as more than my old scale, but is on par with my doctor's offices' scale. So I had to adjust my numbers a bit which puts me at 74lbs lost instead of 80lbs lost. I'm cool with that. My weight loss has really slowed down now that I am about 25lbs away from goal. I've switched to eating Paleo/Primal and in 2 weeks I've lost about 3lbs.

Also, I got some money for Christmas from a family member and I went shopping for clothes finally. This entire time I've been wearing either my old baggy stuff or hand me down pants from my mom. People noticed I was losing weight but with the bagginess of my clothes it wasn't super noticeable until now! I had a really good time shopping as things actually fit me and instead of having trouble finding stuff I liked, I had trouble deciding what to get because I wanted everything! I also got a really good deal as Old Navy was having a sale and that just made the experience even better.

I've gone from a size 2X-3X in shirts to a regular XL and a size 26 in pants to a size 18!!!! Here is the most recent before/after comparison. I posted the more recent pic (on the right) on facebook (to show off my new clothes) and everybody was so surprised because they couldn't tell as much with my old clothes...not to mention most of my family lives in California and I haven't see them in months!

You are my inspiration!!! If you can lose 74 pounds, I can too!! My total goal is 78. Thanks for sharing your story. You look fabulous!!!
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #149
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctj101502 View Post
WTG to the weight loss during the holidays ladies and for increasing workouts/muscle training!!

I have never figured out what was optimal for EBfing calorie wise. When I was consistent w. working out/walking and burning about 500 cal a day in exercise plus what ever you burn ebfing I was taking in about 2000 cals and losing around 2lbs a week, sometimes less but losing inches definite. If not working out, I am sticking around 1500 though MFP says 1200 for me. I struggle staying at that number and working out, so I am seeing I am more around 1500 by the end of the night. But I have days when I go somewhere w/ food and gorge on stuff that I shouldn't, so that probably evens out the lower number other days.

As for ww, I am not real familiar w/ their tactics, DH has a special to use them and his work pays 80% of the costs, I have thought about it, but decided I didn't want to pay the 20%. YEah I am that cheap

mfp- ctj101502 find me
I think to be worth it you have to drive to meetings. Which is more $...

I need to include work outs to my routine. I've never been able to do that

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #150
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Where is everyone today? I managed the elliptical for a bit this morning, but I didn't do the full routine. Just didn't feel like it. I am just trying to get a few random small tasks done today. Might go help a couple do some moving tonight. I am hoping DH is going and so I can send food with him, but stay home, as my knee is acting up off and on.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote