Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #151
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm shopping today. Craziness! Anyone know how to add friends on the mfp app?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum

Advertisement

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #152
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's December Support Thread

We ventured out to Wal-Mart today for a haircut for DS (he really should've gone about 3 weeks ago -- very shaggy) and tape (picked up a few other things, of course) and it was crazy, but not as bad as I expected. I'm hoping to not need to go out again until after Christmas, though.

I believe AF is showing up tonight, which would explain my serious carbs cravings this week, and lack of energy. I haven't been eating terribly, just more carbs than usual. I need to get back in the habit of having my kefir smoothies, though. My body is missing the probiotics and fiber, I think. Tomorrow night we have a Christmas party, but I plan on eating really well during the day so I can indulge a bit. This next week is going to be a bust for exercising, I think. I'm going away by myself for a couple days, and while I will be on base and so will have the gym there, I doubt I'm going to go work out on my mini-vacation. I will probably go for a couple walks, though.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #153
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok.. so can I just say starting January 1st I am going to start back up on a modified primal diet.
My name is Rachel
My current weight is 280lbs
My start weight 280lbs
Short term goal 252 (10% of current weight) by June 1st so that is a steady 5.6lbs per month... I think I can... I think I can... I think I can.
Long term goal for now 226 lbs by January 1st 2014
I haven't been that weight since I was 18. I am now 31, 32 on Christmas.

Last edited by mama2seth&trey; 12-21-2012 at 09:31 PM.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #154
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Rachel, I think that looks like a very reasonable goal. What is your modified primal diet? I'm going to be cutting out at least most of my grains after the new year, I think. DH deploys in February and I think I'll do something different then. It's easier to change things when he's gone.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #155
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am considering trying the Whole30 in January. But it might be difficult, as my in-laws will be here and they always take us out to dinner and buy fast food while they are here. Granted, they will only be here for two or three days at the beginning of the month, so we could make our start date just after they leave LOL
Old 12-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #156
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am going to avoid grains and processed sugars. I will however be eating some dairy which is not on the primal diet. I will once in a while eat whole grains too but for the most part will stay away from them.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #157
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies! I have been battling some sort of cold bug since yesterday. I haven't been sleeping well or eating very much and I feel very run down. I'm trying to regain my strength so I can keep going as I was just getting into a good groove with working out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira View Post

You are my inspiration!!! If you can lose 74 pounds, I can too!! My total goal is 78. Thanks for sharing your story. You look fabulous!!!
You can do it mama! I didn't think I could but I managed it, mainly by reducing portions and eliminating certain foods completely. I lost all of that without exercise, in fact, I just added exercise this past week so I could lose my last 25lbs and tone up!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #158
mamamujer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been doing well, eating lots of veggies and chicken, salads, etc. yesterday I cheated and instead of a health mex burrito at rubios my hubby and I went to Denny's. I was gonna order from the fit fare menu but was eyeing the French toast!!!! Mmmm! But I ordered fruit (no bacon or sausage and had egg whites instead of scrambled with cheese which is what I used to love. Then we went ice skating and I had an ice cream cookie sandwich (400 calories) eeeeekk! I ran 4 miles in the morning but man that was a bad cheat. I haven't weighed myself in a few days but I've been maintaining 175 since thanksgiving.
mamamujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #159
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seth&trey View Post
I am going to avoid grains and processed sugars. I will however be eating some dairy which is not on the primal diet. I will once in a while eat whole grains too but for the most part will stay away from them.
Dairy actually is allowed on the Primal Blueprint IF your body handles it well. The only way to really find out, if it isn't obvious, is to give it up for a while and then add some back in-- like an elimination diet.

As of January 5th, I am giving up dairy. I have been struggling with it for over a year (since the baby weaned and I started eating it again). I know that sounds random, but we have company here and coming and I know I am being taken out to dinner at least twice between now and then at a pub and some other random restaurant, which makes it nearly impossible to be completely dairy free. It has been making my morning sickness far worse, and I imagine that while I have an aversion to coffee, it would be a good time, since that is where I struggled most. So until the 5th, I will be *mostly* dairy free, and then after, it is gone for the foreseeable future.

Does anyone know anything about losing weight while pregnant? I don't plan on doing it purposefully, but I have a feeling when I drop grain and dairy again, I am going to drop 5-10lb within a week or two, and I don't want to freak out my midwife.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #160
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
Dairy actually is allowed on the Primal Blueprint IF your body handles it well. The only way to really find out, if it isn't obvious, is to give it up for a while and then add some back in-- like an elimination diet.

As of January 5th, I am giving up dairy. I have been struggling with it for over a year (since the baby weaned and I started eating it again). I know that sounds random, but we have company here and coming and I know I am being taken out to dinner at least twice between now and then at a pub and some other random restaurant, which makes it nearly impossible to be completely dairy free. It has been making my morning sickness far worse, and I imagine that while I have an aversion to coffee, it would be a good time, since that is where I struggled most. So until the 5th, I will be *mostly* dairy free, and then after, it is gone for the foreseeable future.

Does anyone know anything about losing weight while pregnant? I don't plan on doing it purposefully, but I have a feeling when I drop grain and dairy again, I am going to drop 5-10lb within a week or two, and I don't want to freak out my midwife.
It depends a lot of whether or not you have weight you can afford to lose, and how/why you are losing it. I lost weight with my oldest at the beginning, not because I was trying to, but because I was being more active so as to not gain a lot while pregnant with her. My doc said a few lbs at the beginning isn't a big deal. Losing throughout could be a problem. So long as you ca show you're getting the nutrients you need, I think our midwife will be fine with it.

AFM, I am being good this morning and having a smoothie for breakfast, with a side of some sort of dessert bread with apples and raisins. It was just a small piece, as I felt a smoothie wasn't going to cut it today. I am not expecting to deliberately workout this week, but I am going to be active. We are almost done with the junk food, too. One more batch of Frosty Treasures (doesn't go far with 5 people), a small amount of pfeffernuse, and the stocking stuff. Oh, and ODD is making mint fudge, but as I am not a big mint fan, I will probably only have a piece or two of it.