Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's December Support Thread

Are you drinking enough water? I'm always "hungry" but when I drink tons it takes care of a lot of it.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Name: Stephanie
Starting weight: 211.5
Current weight: 193.5 (up 3lbs from last week)
Small goal: under 190, into the "overweight category on BMI" by my birthday 12/19
Long term goal: 160 ish by the spring/summer and TTC again
Ultimate goal: around 150 but that will be after another baby
Plan: weight watchers

So I am up this week. I got down to 190.5 on 11/8 and have been up and down since then. It is going to be another hard week as I have my 3 year olds birthday Sunday and two Christmas parties on Saturday. Would be nice to get back down but would be happy to maintain this week.

Considering starting the couch to 5K program. Does anyone do that? Use the iPhone app?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm...I'm up two lbs today and I have no clue why. WHY?!?! Ok, Eat healthy, drink lots, get that two lbs back off again. Oh, adn I have a horrible toothache so I'm headed to the dentist tomorrow.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Your name: Amanda
Starting Weight: 257 lbs
Current Weight: 190 lbs
Short-Term Goal: 180 by New Years
Long-Term Goal: 157 by my birthday May 14th
Weight Lost to Date: 67 lbs
Weight Loss Plan: weight watchers from 257 to 205. After pregnancy healthy eating while breastfeeding.

I'm joining today yay!!! I need to get my but back in gear. I've been eating too many nuts so the scale is stuck. I'm milk & soy free because of my EBF baby's allergies and when I'm hungry and don't have time to cook I reach for nuts. I'm basically a big mama squirrel but I want to start losing again so I need to start making more food ahead. Although whenever I made extra food it doesn't seem to matter because DH gobbles it all up. My daughter is 3 months now so things are starting to get easier. I just wish I could exercise. I live in upstate ny so our weather is yucky and I can't bring the baby out for walks anymore. Does anybody have any suggestions for work out videos that get results? Thanks.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #15
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
Your name: Amanda
Starting Weight: 257 lbs
Current Weight: 190 lbs
Short-Term Goal: 180 by New Years
Long-Term Goal: 157 by my birthday May 14th
Weight Lost to Date: 67 lbs
Weight Loss Plan: weight watchers from 257 to 205. After pregnancy healthy eating while breastfeeding.

I'm joining today yay!!! I need to get my but back in gear. I've been eating too many nuts so the scale is stuck. I'm milk & soy free because of my EBF baby's allergies and when I'm hungry and don't have time to cook I reach for nuts. I'm basically a big mama squirrel but I want to start losing again so I need to start making more food ahead. Although whenever I made extra food it doesn't seem to matter because DH gobbles it all up. My daughter is 3 months now so things are starting to get easier. I just wish I could exercise. I live in upstate ny so our weather is yucky and I can't bring the baby out for walks anymore. Does anybody have any suggestions for work out videos that get results? Thanks.
I used to take the baby out in Alaska. You just have to get a bit more creative in bundling up. I would put her in socks and a fleece sleeper, add a hat, then tuck her into the wrap under my coat. Sometimes I would also add a blanket over top.

As for videos, I like yoga for weight loss with Suzanne Deason by Gaiam. I also have some of the P90X videos that are good and I have 30 Day Shred, but I don't particularly care for that one. It definitely works you, though. I sometimes do Zumba on the Wii.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #16
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor

I used to take the baby out in Alaska. You just have to get a bit more creative in bundling up. I would put her in socks and a fleece sleeper, add a hat, then tuck her into the wrap under my coat. Sometimes I would also add a blanket over top.

As for videos, I like yoga for weight loss with Suzanne Deason by Gaiam. I also have some of the P90X videos that are good and I have 30 Day Shred, but I don't particularly care for that one. It definitely works you, though. I sometimes do Zumba on the Wii.
Maybe I should just bundle the baby up and go out for a walk. I'll have to find her a hat that fits first. All hers are either too big or too small right now. I need the exercise and I've going stir crazy anyways. When i was pregnant i walked 3 miles a day so i don't like being cooped up. I have the 30 day shred too but I've never opened it. I don't like the thought of Jillian yelling at me. I'd rather prefer positive reinforcement lol. Do you need a wii fit board for the Zumba? We have a wii but not the board. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #17
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
Maybe I should just bundle the baby up and go out for a walk. I'll have to find her a hat that fits first. All hers are either too big or too small right now. I need the exercise and I've going stir crazy anyways. When i was pregnant i walked 3 miles a day so i don't like being cooped up. I have the 30 day shred too but I've never opened it. I don't like the thought of Jillian yelling at me. I'd rather prefer positive reinforcement lol. Do you need a wii fit board for the Zumba? We have a wii but not the board. Thanks.
Actually, she doesn't yell in 30 Day Shred. I didn't care for the style of workout, though. For the zumba you don't need the board. You might also like sthe Just Dance series, which doesn't use the board, either.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #18
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor

Actually, she doesn't yell in 30 Day Shred. I didn't care for the style of workout, though. For the zumba you don't need the board. You might also like sthe Just Dance series, which doesn't use the board, either.
I'll have to check out the game store and see if I can pick up some used copies. I can't dance but I bet it would be fun to do with my 6 yr old. He lives to dance! Thanks.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

lol I can't dance either, but it's fun to be silly in my living room.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #20
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Hmm...I'm up two lbs today and I have no clue why. WHY?!?! Ok, Eat healthy, drink lots, get that two lbs back off again. Oh, adn I have a horrible toothache so I'm headed to the dentist tomorrow.
Hope the tooth feels better soon! The city is having a free dental clinic here Friday and I've been waiting 2 years for it! I'm gonna be in line early! (last time I went mid-day and they had already closed the doors Not gonna miss it this time!

Well- I think you're right too on the water. I need to get a clean filter bottle (the kind that cleans the water- do they have that?) Our tap water tastes awful and bottled water gets me skiddish (too much waste)... do they make bottles that filter water?