Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #21
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's December Support Thread

Why TE=erin_c_odonnell;16006822]Hope the tooth feels better soon! The city is having a free dental clinic here Friday and I've been waiting 2 years for it! I'm gonna be in line early! (last time I went mid-day and they had already closed the doors Not gonna miss it this time!

Well- I think you're right too on the water. I need to get a clean filter bottle (the kind that cleans the water- do they have that?) Our tap water tastes awful and bottled water gets me skiddish (too much waste)... do they make bottles that filter water?[/QUOTE]

Why not a pitcher? I don't know if you can get a water bottle filter for a better price. I know they make a filtration system that fits water bottles.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #22
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i do have a pitcher but i don't know- I kinda want one all to myself? that sounds selfish but lol. I want one the kids aren't allowed to use so I know how much I drank for the day- does that make sense or sound dumb?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #23
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
i do have a pitcher but i don't know- I kinda want one all to myself? that sounds selfish but lol. I want one the kids aren't allowed to use so I know how much I drank for the day- does that make sense or sound dumb?
No, but why not pour it from the pitcher into a water bottle after it's been filtered? I still think it would be more cost efficient than a water bottle filter. Those are really only meant for while camping, and whatnot, so aren't made to handle as much water before needing to be replaced. I think, anyway.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #24
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I drink out of a quart mason jar, so I know about how much water I intake. It usually isn't nearly enough.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:39 AM   #25
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah that's true. Maybe just buy my own regular cup for myself and fill daily? I love water but plastic cups (we're all plastic right now due to little kids)- well plastic does something to the taste of water. Plastic holds old tastes I guess? I hate metal cups (just the way it tastes weird to me). Not sure whatelse is out there but maybe if I have a cup (plastic or glass) that is mine and no one else's I can avoid "contamination" it- use it soley for water
Old 12-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #26
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I hit my 2nd mini goal of 143.3 today! Now to keep going. I want to hit 138 next.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #27
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Your name-Kira
Starting Weight- 223 and 50"
Current Weight- 223
Short-Term Goal- 10
Long-Term Goal- 73, at a healthy rate
Weight Lost to Date 0
Weight Loss Plan- total grain elimination to result in eating higher quality food and fewer calories. Will add c25k running as soon as I get appropriate shoes.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #28
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

There are bottles that filter. We have a bobble and take it with us for trips and camping. We use a Brita filter at home.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #29
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Is it possible to drink too much water? Every time I get the urge to take a bit I've trying to take a gulp instead. I'm only 36 hours grain free, but I'm truly already feeling a difference. Less hunger, more energy!
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #30
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira View Post
Is it possible to drink too much water? Every time I get the urge to take a bit I've trying to take a gulp instead. I'm only 36 hours grain free, but I'm truly already feeling a difference. Less hunger, more energy!
Yes, technically it is, but it is more about an imbalance in electrolytes. Healthy kidneys can handle a liter of water an hour. So long as you are not not drinking more than that, are eating healthy, and making sure you replace electrolytes when you are stressed and sweating, you should be fine. For quite a while I was drinking about 100 ounces of water a day and was fine. Actually, I felt great at that point. I feel better when I drink more water.

Kimmie -- great job on the mini-goal!!