Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #111
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I'm so worried for a mama in the april group. She had an u/s this morning, the tech didn't give her anything specific but said that she should see her Dr right away and the radiologist would call her Dr and the Dr would call her within a day or 2 to set up follow up stuff.
I'm for her and her baby girl.
And I really wish everyone in the group would stop saying "since they're not doing anything urgent, it must be nothing big." Because... well... they're wrong.
She is in my thoughts and prayers
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajoi View Post
Thanks, Carly. It means a lot! I'm in the middle of switching from a crappy OB practice to a CNM in a different city, so I can't even call and harass anyone to see if they can do something to reassure me. I'm thinking of asking for some hcg draws to make sure it's still rising since I"m pretty sure the CNM won't want to do extra ultrasounds...
It never hurts to get more betas done for some reassurance or even a quick u/s. After my loss, my NP and OB offer ultrasounds if I have any type of symptoms, bleeding, can't find h/b with doppler, etc. to ease mama's mind. It wouldn't hurt to ask your new CNM. I had no symptoms with this pregnancy in the beginning and it scared me to death but I'm 38 weeks tomorrow with a healthy baby so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
U/S today...babe is at 2 pounds 13 ounces. Doc says it's a steady rate of growth and he isn't overly concerned. Says if growth drops to under 10th percentile that would be cause to be more concerned.

Going in for weekly NST now too....I'll be 32 weeks on Friday...
Good to hear doc isn't concerned and the growth is going well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
Quick check in. I am 30wks this week. You all continue to be on my mind and in my prayers
Yay for 30 weeks!

Advertisement

Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #112
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and lost my plug yesterday with lots of contractions but they never amounted to much. I was 2cm dilated and 80% effaced 2 days ago. Tomorrow is my oldest childs' bday, so baby isn't allowed to be born tomorrow or the 15th, because that's our second childs' bday.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #113
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Ok ladies I don't post here much, but can I get some reassurance?

I'm only 8 weeks today, and had felt SUPER nauseous all day long every day for about 2 weeks from 5-7 weeks. It started to let up around 7 and now at 8 I feel almost completely fine. From 7 weeks through yesterday I had crazy all the time heartburn that was reassuring since the nausea had died down a lot. Now, nothing today. I don't feel nearly as tired as I did yesterday, either. I feel some...back pain? I hesitate to call it cramps since it's just in my lower back, not around in front. UGH. With my miscarriage, I had no spotting, no cramping, no nothing. The baby just died. I waited two weeks to miscarry naturally and finally had to take meds. So I don't feel at all comforted by the fact that I"m not spotting or cramping. Help? Why in the WORLD would I start feeling so much better already????
Jena this was me. From wk 6-7 I felt nauseous all day. At 7w exactly I woke up feeling AMAZING!!! I literally felt better than I do when I'm not preggo. And I felt pretty much great the rest of that week & up until 2 days ago @ 8w2d. I had a few waves of nauseousness here & there that day & yesterday. And today has been my worst yet. The nausea has let up for maybe an hour total. So relax, try to enjoy those feel good moments, causr there's a good chance its not going to last! Praying for peace of mind for both of us!

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #114
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy

Yay congrats! After seeing only girl us pics I can say for sure that's totally a girl lol.
Thanks for the reassurance---I've only ever seen peen on ultrasound before, so all I could say was "well, it doesn't look dangly!" Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #115
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ok ladies I don't post here much, but can I get some reassurance?
Quote:
I'm thinking of asking for some hcg draws to make sure it's still rising since I"m pretty sure the CNM won't want to do extra ultrasounds...
It is normal to have good and bad days, but it's really hard to just enjoy them and not have worry set in after having suffered previous loss.
I wouldn't bother with hcg tests, personally. At this point, the levels aren't going to be doubling, just rising at their own pace, and wouldn't do much to tell if anything is happening - I guess unless they were starting to drop. I would get in to see someone and ask for a quick u/s to check on everything - after a loss, I wouldn't consider that an "extra u/s". It's going to help decrease your worry and anxiety, so it's not an extra thing but something that's needed for best care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I kinda thought the same thing... aren't most problems detected at the anatomy scan either "wait and see" or "here's a heads up"? I would imagine very few would be urgent? I think more than anything they were just trying to say something reassuring until she found out. So glad it turned out to be nothing!

Elena, how are you doing? Hiccup giving some reassuring kicks I hope?
It was nothing?! I haven't read there yet - always do this thread first - can't wait to go see now!

I'm doing all right. Keeping busy and keeping my mind off of the days this week. Hiccup is moving and kicking like he normally does, and that helps a ton. It's just... strange to be here, when I can vividly remember where we were 10 months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensmomma View Post
I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and lost my plug yesterday with lots of contractions but they never amounted to much. I was 2cm dilated and 80% effaced 2 days ago. Tomorrow is my oldest childs' bday, so baby isn't allowed to be born tomorrow or the 15th, because that's our second childs' bday.
she'll be a good girl and pick the right day - that's not much of a window if she wants to come this week though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
up until 2 days ago @ 8w2d. I had a few waves of nauseousness here & there that day & yesterday. And today has been my worst yet. The nausea has let up for maybe an hour total. So relax, try to enjoy those feel good moments, causr there's a good chance its not going to last! Praying for peace of mind for both of us!
for feeling like crap! And once you hit 9 weeks, having a decent day where you feel okay (not great, but not horribly terribly sick) is a bit easier to enjoy!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #116
itsajoi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the reassurance, ladies. Exactly what I needed to hear!

As far as the hcg goes, I mostly just want to make sure it's not going down since that's what it was doing when we found out I was miscarrying. So if it's rising, I'll definitely be comforted. I just figure that's a backup if the midwife isn't comfortable doing an ultrasound. I know my OB would have, but that place was a nightmare and a half for so many reasons, it's not even worth it. So I just figure the hcg draws can be my back up. OOooorr maybe getting a doppler. lol
Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #117
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensmomma View Post
Wow-you'll have 3 December birthdays?!? You are braver than I am. I feel crazy busy with just 2 of my kids having a December b-day. (DS is the 5th, DD the 22nd) Hope baby is born after your 2nd child's b-day because I guess having a baby the day before takes some of the spotlight away too.

Hope the worried mama gets some reassurance. I would call the CNM and definitely ask for an u/s. That should give you the most reassurance.
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #118
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
As far as the hcg goes, I mostly just want to make sure it's not going down since that's what it was doing when we found out I was miscarrying. So if it's rising, I'll definitely be comforted. I just figure that's a backup if the midwife isn't comfortable doing an ultrasound. I know my OB would have, but that place was a nightmare and a half for so many reasons, it's not even worth it. So I just figure the hcg draws can be my back up. OOooorr maybe getting a doppler. lol
That makes sense. I would definitely ask first about a quick peek - I really don't see why they wouldn't say okay, not with history of loss.
The tech told me when I went for Hiccup's u/s that, had I gone to the Dr earlier on, they would definitely have ok'ed any u/s I wanted just to help relieve the anxiety we were having.

Getting a doppler for at home may go a long way to easing your worries here, too. Maybe that's something to look into. I bet you would have luck this week or next with one at home! If you asked the MW, they may try with it, but at this early stage it can take a long while to find the hb and they may not have the time to spend searching, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Wow-you'll have 3 December birthdays?!? You are braver than I am. I feel crazy busy with just 2 of my kids having a December b-day.
Ugh, birthdays close together is tough! I have enough trouble with my own kids/family - Oct 16, Nov 1, Nov 9... then May 19, June 14, June 30... and now Hiccup will be thrown in there too!
Hey just realized putting that all down, that Elli's birthday isn't close to anyone's, it'll never be lost in the mix - Feb 7.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #119
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This one is due the day before DS's birthday. Lol And so far I've really kind of disliked his "hottest time of the year" birthday. When he's older it won't be so bad because we can plan pool parties & cool activities, but right now it's hard. Its too hot to plan a cookout & no ones house is big enough to accommodate both sides of the family. My parents rented a community center for his 1st b-day, but that gets expensive year after year. And this year we just had dinner & cake with my parents & grandparents. Fortunately at 2 he didn't care.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #120
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
This one is due the day before DS's birthday. Lol And so far I've really kind of disliked his "hottest time of the year" birthday. When he's older it won't be so bad because we can plan pool parties & cool activities, but right now it's hard. Its too hot to plan a cookout & no ones house is big enough to accommodate both sides of the family. My parents rented a community center for his 1st b-day, but that gets expensive year after year. And this year we just had dinner & cake with my parents & grandparents. Fortunately at 2 he didn't care.
Any local beaches you could go to for a picnic? Unless it's way too hot.