Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #121
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

Any local beaches you could go to for a picnic? Unless it's way too hot.
We live in western KY, so no beaches. I soooooo love the beach!

Advertisement

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #122
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Hey everyone. Can I join you all? I've been lurking, but not posting, but I feel like I'm starting to lose my mind and I just need some other people who've been there/done that. :-)

I'll be 6 weeks on saturday. I have two girls, and then had two miscarriages back to back...one in august at 8 weeks, and another on halloween. We were trying NOT to get pregnant, but ended up pregnant the cycle after my most recent miscarriage. So far everything seems to be going fine. Beta at 12dpo was 27, 16 dpo was 329 and 20dpo was 2900. I had an ultrasound last friday at 4weeks6days and they saw the gestational sac which was measuring 5weeks2days. No fetal pole but it would have been super early to see that. My problem is I'm having barely any symptoms. I keep reminding myself that that's normal, and I'm super early, but I had at least some morning sickness with both my girls at this point. And I'm on progesterone, which strangely, also doesn't seem to be giving me any symptoms. Maybe I'm just getting lucky. I guess I just need some reassurance. I'm supposed to get another ultrasound. My OB wanted it tomorrow, but I'm pushing it to monday. I want to be sure that they'll be able to see something, and I won't even be 6 weeks tomorrow by my calculations.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #123
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Kirra - I'm glad, well not GLAD, but ykwim to see you here! So sorry about your ectopic angel. Glad to hear things are going well thus far with this pregnancy. This is definitely the place to be to vent your worries and frustrations.

It makes me so happy to see more and more mamas from the March ddc coming over here because they're pregnant again.

I seem to only have winter-ish babies. DD in early Nov, DS in late Dec and this little lady will more than likely come in late Feb. We'll never have any outdoor parties since we live in northern Illinois. Unless maybe we have a sledding party one year? But who can predict the snow!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #124
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay, Kirra! I'm so glad to see you pregnant again, girl!!!!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #125
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
We live in western KY, so no beaches. I soooooo love the beach!
Shucks. We're in the middle of the prairies, so there's no "real" beaches (like oceans, I mean) but there are lakes in some provincial camping parks and we go lots.
It would be great for a summer party - space, fire pits if needed for food, the water to swim or wade in, and the sand to play in - perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2princesses View Post
I'll be 6 weeks on saturday. I have two girls, and then had two miscarriages back to back...one in august at 8 weeks, and another on halloween. We were trying NOT to get pregnant, but ended up pregnant the cycle after my most recent miscarriage. So far everything seems to be going fine. Beta at 12dpo was 27, 16 dpo was 329 and 20dpo was 2900. I had an ultrasound last friday at 4weeks6days and they saw the gestational sac which was measuring 5weeks2days. No fetal pole but it would have been super early to see that. My problem is I'm having barely any symptoms. I keep reminding myself that that's normal, and I'm super early, but I had at least some morning sickness with both my girls at this point. And I'm on progesterone, which strangely, also doesn't seem to be giving me any symptoms. Maybe I'm just getting lucky. I guess I just need some reassurance. I'm supposed to get another ultrasound. My OB wanted it tomorrow, but I'm pushing it to monday. I want to be sure that they'll be able to see something, and I won't even be 6 weeks tomorrow by my calculations.
Congrats on your new bean. We definitely understand the worries and fears that come with these pregnancies after loss.
Your #s look great - so that's a good sign - and that early u/s sound good, too. I agree with you about pushing this next u/s till next week - hopefully by that point you'll see not only the bean but a flickering hb!

Don't fret too much about not having m/s or anything - maybe this bean is a boy? From my own pregnancies, I had really bad m/s with my girls and nearly none at all with any of my boys - I did have bad m/s again in the first trimester this time, though we're "team green" so we won't know if my theory holds true until spring!
Anyways, just don't put too much worry into not feeling sick yet - maybe you won't at all. Seriously, I felt so normal with my boy pregnancies that I wouldn't have ever guessed I was pregnant other than the swelling belly, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
I seem to only have winter-ish babies. DD in early Nov, DS in late Dec and this little lady will more than likely come in late Feb. We'll never have any outdoor parties since we live in northern Illinois. Unless maybe we have a sledding party one year? But who can predict the snow!
Ooo, a sledding party would be fun! Sledding, then hot chocolate
Or an ice skating party - either at an outdoor public area or an indoor rink!

Our birthdays tend to be very unpredictable for weather - fall and spring are both iffy here! Now, winter and summer, I could definitely plan ahead for better!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #126
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Ooo, a sledding party would be fun! Sledding, then hot chocolate
Or an ice skating party - either at an outdoor public area or an indoor rink!
No ice skating parties for us! We spend 5 days/week at the ice arena between DD's figure skating lessons and DS' hockey practice/games!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #127
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol, yeah I guess that would be a bit redundant!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #128
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies! Question for you.....this past Tuesday we had an ultrasound..I was 31w4d. Baby was estimated at 2 pounds 13 ounces. Doc is ok with the weight as baby has been steadily growing at the same rate, although small. DH and I are just a little bit worried because we had weight "issues" when I was pregnant with our twins who were born at 34w1d and both weighed 3 pounds 10 ounces. I started at 184 in this pregnancy and am now at 182. When I went in right after Thanksgiving, I was at 185 so I gained a little and then lost again.

My question...is there anything I can do to help this babe plump up? I have GD and am on insulin so it's kinda hard to just eat, eat, eat...

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #129
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any ideas, Susan, sorry.
I would assume that the actual weight of baby isn't the important part? As long as baby is growing and development is on track, shouldn't things be okay if baby is just smaller than average?
I'm not trying to un-validate your concerns. I really just don't have experience in this one.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #130
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy
Hi ladies! Question for you.....this past Tuesday we had an ultrasound..I was 31w4d. Baby was estimated at 2 pounds 13 ounces. Doc is ok with the weight as baby has been steadily growing at the same rate, although small. DH and I are just a little bit worried because we had weight "issues" when I was pregnant with our twins who were born at 34w1d and both weighed 3 pounds 10 ounces. I started at 184 in this pregnancy and am now at 182. When I went in right after Thanksgiving, I was at 185 so I gained a little and then lost again.

My question...is there anything I can do to help this babe plump up? I have GD and am on insulin so it's kinda hard to just eat, eat, eat...

Thanks!
In my experience, mom's weight gain doesn't directly correlate to baby's weight. I had no GD and gained 5lbs total the whole pregnancy and my 1DS weighed 9lbs13oz...double my total weight gain!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote