Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #141
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Yay, Deanna!

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #142
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Some special people got me bawling today. ♥

A bit of a backstory. Way before I even met DH, I knew that I wanted to breastfeed my children. I found a pattern company that exclusively made sewing patterns for nursing mothers, and I bought a few when they were having a sale. Somehow, around the same time (we're talking like 10 or 12 years ago), I got involved with an email list for nursing mothers who sew. The list was originally "designed" for people who had patterns from that particular company to share tips and tricks on those patterns, but over the years, the group was hugely supportive of one another as some of us had trials or needed to vent or had joys or whatever.

Over the years, the frequency of the emails dwindled down, but in the past couple of years, I wondered if the
group was on Facebook, and it was, so I joined it here and got reconnected to everyone (and even more connected, since it's sort of easier to connect when you have a profile picture and a posting history instead of just a text-only email every now and then). They followed me all through my pregnancy with Jonathan last year, and were there to mourn with me when we lost him on Christmas Eve.

Then, unbeknownst to me, a bunch of them got together in a secret spin-off group to make plans for something special to do for me. Everyone made their own quilt block, then sent them to someone to get pieced together, then to someone else to be quilted. The colors are blue and yellow, same colors as the little ducky blanket that I made to cover his bed in the NICU (preemie babies like it to be dark), and several of the blocks are made partially from duck fabric. ♥

There was one person local enough to me to hand-deliver it, so she sent me a message on here a few weeks ago, and today was the day that we were finally able to meet up b/c of our schedules. I cried when I saw what all they had done. It's so beautiful and was a whole year in the making. I saw one of the blocks that someone had signed and she dated it, and it was from back in February. I love it so much. I'm going to do some typing this afternoon and then post a picture a bit later.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #143
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

That is awesome!!! I'm crying now too. What a special group of amazing friends!!!
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #144
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old 12-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #145
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

BEAUTIFUL!!! now I'm crying again.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #146
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness, how amazing and beautiful. What a wonderful, special group of friends to have blessed you with such a beautiful, heartfelt quilt!!!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #147
momto2princesses
Registered Users

That is amazing! What an awesome group of friends. Im crying too. We probably all are.

Deanna, great news! So glad everything is going well and you're finally able to relax a little.

I have my ultrasound tomorrow. I'm choosing to be optimistic, which isn't hard since I felt terrible all day yesterday, and had my first near vomit this morning. Ah. The things that make us happy. And this, after complaining last week that I wasn't having any symptoms.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #148
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Andrea...oh my how absolutely gorgeous is that quilt!!! What a beautiful blessing to you!

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #149
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
What a fabulous group of friends, Andrea. The quilt is beautiful!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #150
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

That quilt is beautiful. Such a wonderful gift. I love how women support each other.