Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #151
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Andrea - that quilt is so wonderful. What a lovely memorial to your sweet little guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2princesses View Post
I have my ultrasound tomorrow. I'm choosing to be optimistic, which isn't hard since I felt terrible all day yesterday, and had my first near vomit this morning. Ah. The things that make us happy. And this, after complaining last week that I wasn't having any symptoms.
for a great u/s - congrats on the m/s?!!!

AFM: Friday marked 5 months along with Hiccup. I still have such weird feelings, remembering back to that day with Elli - she had likely passed away nearly a week before at that point, but we had known for sure for 2 days. I can remember feeling like I didn't know what I was - was I 5 months pregnant? I should have been... and she was still there... but all ready gone.
Today I hit 23 weeks. At 23 weeks exactly, I was induced and Elliana was born. Hiccup has reminded me today - especially with a great bladder shot during church (nearly peed my pants!) - that 23 weeks is not the end this time.

and for getting through this past week.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #152
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96
Some special people got me bawling today. ♥

A bit of a backstory. Way before I even met DH, I knew that I wanted to breastfeed my children. I found a pattern company that exclusively made sewing patterns for nursing mothers, and I bought a few when they were having a sale. Somehow, around the same time (we're talking like 10 or 12 years ago), I got involved with an email list for nursing mothers who sew. The list was originally "designed" for people who had patterns from that particular company to share tips and tricks on those patterns, but over the years, the group was hugely supportive of one another as some of us had trials or needed to vent or had joys or whatever.

Over the years, the frequency of the emails dwindled down, but in the past couple of years, I wondered if the
group was on Facebook, and it was, so I joined it here and got reconnected to everyone (and even more connected, since it's sort of easier to connect when you have a profile picture and a posting history instead of just a text-only email every now and then). They followed me all through my pregnancy with Jonathan last year, and were there to mourn with me when we lost him on Christmas Eve.

Then, unbeknownst to me, a bunch of them got together in a secret spin-off group to make plans for something special to do for me. Everyone made their own quilt block, then sent them to someone to get pieced together, then to someone else to be quilted. The colors are blue and yellow, same colors as the little ducky blanket that I made to cover his bed in the NICU (preemie babies like it to be dark), and several of the blocks are made partially from duck fabric. ♥

There was one person local enough to me to hand-deliver it, so she sent me a message on here a few weeks ago, and today was the day that we were finally able to meet up b/c of our schedules. I cried when I saw what all they had done. It's so beautiful and was a whole year in the making. I saw one of the blocks that someone had signed and she dated it, and it was from back in February. I love it so much. I'm going to do some typing this afternoon and then post a picture a bit later.
That's amazing! A friend has a very crafty family and they all did quilt pieces for a blanket for her baby shower (her mom had secretly sent out fabric packets to 12 or 16 friends/family members with the fabrics that she and her mom had made the baby's bedding out of) which her mom then quilted. I loved the idea then, but I love the memorial blanket idea even more! So special and from an amazing group of women!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #153
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
Andrea - that quilt is so wonderful. What a lovely memorial to your sweet little guy.

for a great u/s - congrats on the m/s?!!!

AFM: Friday marked 5 months along with Hiccup. I still have such weird feelings, remembering back to that day with Elli - she had likely passed away nearly a week before at that point, but we had known for sure for 2 days. I can remember feeling like I didn't know what I was - was I 5 months pregnant? I should have been... and she was still there... but all ready gone.
Today I hit 23 weeks. At 23 weeks exactly, I was induced and Elliana was born. Hiccup has reminded me today - especially with a great bladder shot during church (nearly peed my pants!) - that 23 weeks is not the end this time.

and for getting through this past week.
23 weeks exactly is when I had my bloody show and labor really began with Deagan as well. He was born at 23w2d after fighting tooth and nail to keep him in.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #154
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Back from my ultrasound...one little baby in there with a hr of 133. Measured 6 weeks exactly. I thought I was 6 w 2 d, and I had a super early ultrasound that would have put me at 6 w 5 d today. So obviously I'm still a bit nervous. But she did do only a transabdominal ultrasound, and I've heard those are less accurate for dating. I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's basically impossible.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #155
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Back from my ultrasound...one little baby in there with a hr of 133. Measured 6 weeks exactly. I thought I was 6 w 2 d, and I had a super early ultrasound that would have put me at 6 w 5 d today. So obviously I'm still a bit nervous. But she did do only a transabdominal ultrasound, and I've heard those are less accurate for dating. I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's basically impossible.
Yay! Keeping you in my thoughts and crossing my fingers all continues to go well.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #156
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Those early measurements can be off depending on how the baby is laying. One "pixel" on the screen can mean a difference of a day or two or three in measuring. I had an early abdominal u/s with DD at what I knew to be 7w4d based on when I ovulated, but I was only measuring 6w1d. She came nearly right on time for MY due date (and would have been two weeks early for their due date).
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #157
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Had an unexpected u/s this morning to check on the little miss. OB doesn't see any hydrops (tissue edema) right now, so that's good. She's measuring 3 lbs and is quite comfy head down already. OB is fairly certain I'll deliver early, he's just not sure how early. I have my appt with MFM early Wed morning. Hopefully we'll know more then.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #158
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
23 weeks exactly is when I had my bloody show and labor really began with Deagan as well. He was born at 23w2d after fighting tooth and nail to keep him in.
It's really tough - not physically, but emotionally - to get through those weeks and past those days.

Quote:
for a wee bean and hb! Although they say bean measured only 6 weeks, that's a really good hb for right at 6 weeks - I would assume that their measurement was off and bean is further along than that. I mean, not like weeks difference, but I would say 4-5 days further along.
Try not to stress too much - I do know that's much easier said than done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Had an unexpected u/s this morning to check on the little miss. OB doesn't see any hydrops (tissue edema) right now, so that's good. She's measuring 3 lbs and is quite comfy head down already. OB is fairly certain I'll deliver early, he's just not sure how early. I have my appt with MFM early Wed morning. Hopefully we'll know more then.
that baby continues having no ill effects. I'm assuming they'll be doing some more u/s to check on her, until birth?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #159
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
that baby continues having no ill effects. I'm assuming they'll be doing some more u/s to check on her, until birth?
The OB seems to think that MFM will do weekly u/s to keep an eye on her since they're unsure how the virus will affect her, if at all. He also said that at some point I'll more than likely have weekly NSTs, but again, isn't sure when those will start. Just waiting on a plan of action from MFM!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #160
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Andrea, I've been meaning to ask you if you have a special wrap picked out for baby's first wrap? Wasn't sure if Heaven's Love is more of a remembrance keepsake or if that is one you plan to use. Either way, looking forward to seeing squishy wrap pics when baby arrives.

I'm usually a Didy girl, but decided to branch out to Gira's while baby is itty bitty. I've been shopping for rainbows and ended up with a fringed Spring Rainbow shorty. Right now I just snuggle with it every night.