Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #191
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Hiccup has been kicking/moving a lot more strongly this week. I can definitely notice where my placenta is (anterior, but on the left side and front, if that makes sense) because I don't feel a lot there, but feel a ton below it and all over my right side.
It always impresses me how perceptive you are in regards to feeling hiccup. There's no way I could take a guess where my placenta was based on baby's movement! I am lucky I can finally tell between my intestines and baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby

Sorry I started it It's great that we all feel good enough about our pregnancies that we can talk about wearing our newborns

Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #192
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy View Post
For newborns however a ring sling is fantastic. I can't do one shoulder carries past the newbie phase, but it's awesome.
Yes, that's true. I use my sling for long periods of wearing when baby is small, then use it only for quick/shorter wearing times when they're older/bigger. Having only one shoulder in use makes for more pull on your body. But it's no problem until they hit 20lbs or so.

I watched a lot of videos, and tried out a bunch of different carries... but I just couldn't get comfortable using the wrap. I still think it's lot to do with the length of my wrap - it's really very long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Are we going to have to move this thread to the Babywearing forum instead of the Pregnancy forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
It always impresses me how perceptive you are in regards to feeling hiccup. There's no way I could take a guess where my placenta was based on baby's movement!
I wouldn't have guessed it based on Hiccup's movements alone - well, maybe at this point, but not weeks ago. But I thought I heard it there on doppler at a prenatal, and then the tech told me where it was at the u/s, so now it's obvious along with his movements, kwim?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #193
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Cerclage is in! During the last week, my cervix shortened from 5.5 down to 4.75, so doc was definitely glad to put it in! I'm relieved now that its over.

Spotting has stopped and only an occasional cramp or contraction (I was contracting 1-2 times daily randomly before surgery. Doc gave me meds to stop it while I healed from surgery and said we'd readdress if they continue into next week).

So far she's holding on and while I've been on bed rest since Tuesday I managed to crochet her first baby blanket. I'll post pics tomorrow in daylight (our house has awful yellow light).

Now, if only I could convince DH that I am not an invalid and I CAN cook a meal or get my own drink --- the DOC said light duty (no lifting or vacuuming and to not be on my feet/walking for long periods) not to be on complete bed rest for weeks

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #194
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Cerclage is in! During the last week, my cervix shortened from 5.5 down to 4.75, so doc was definitely glad to put it in! I'm relieved now that its over.
I'm so glad the Dr was vigilant and did it right away when shortening started! for many, many, many weeks of no-news to come!
I think it's cute that your DH is so overly concerned - although I can definitely see how that would get annoying after a while!
Old 12-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #195
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

I'm so glad the Dr was vigilant and did it right away when shortening started! for many, many, many weeks of no-news to come!
I think it's cute that your DH is so overly concerned - although I can definitely see how that would get annoying after a while!
The surgery was scheduled before the shortening started, so we were both glad he trusted my instincts and agreed todo it preventatively rather than as a rescue situation!

And DH won't let me walk without holding his hand outside the house, haha. I bet if i let go for more than a couple steps he'd pick me up and carry me.

Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #196
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
The surgery was scheduled before the shortening started, so we were both glad he trusted my instincts and agreed todo it preventatively rather than as a rescue situation!

And DH won't let me walk without holding his hand outside the house, haha. I bet if i let go for more than a couple steps he'd pick me up and carry me.
I remember that it was scheduled, I'm just still really glad that this Dr is being so vigilant and watchful about things

I can totally picture that!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #197
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

I remember that it was scheduled, I'm just still really glad that this Dr is being so vigilant and watchful about things

I can totally picture that!
Me too. Love my doc

And DH is totally that kid if guy. We're going grocery shopping today and he's making me drove the motor cart instead of walking *eyeroll* so I rushed out the door while he kenneled the dog and got DS into my car and an waiting behind the wheel waiting on him to come out now

Old 12-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #198
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Marie - Glad the cerclage procedure went well and that you're able to be up & about a bit now. I was on BR for 1 weekend when I was pg with my DD and it about drove me nuts to sit and do nothing. I give props to any of those mamas who have to do it for longer than a weekend.

Elena - I too am impressed you can tel where your placenta is! I only know mine is anterior, but I have no idea how high or low. I feel the jabs about the same all over the place these days.

AFM - Hanging in there. My next appt with MFM is the day after Christmas. I am now worrying that the little lady has the cord around her neck. I was looking more closely at our 3D photos from my appt on Wed and I swear I can see it wrapped around there. Ugh. Keeping busy this weekend baking and making Christmas goodies. I need to quit eating them as I make them! I'm going to make myself sick. Not sleeping well these days. I wake up multiple times at night to roll over because my hips ache. I tried sleeping propped up because I get heartburn from practically anything I eat, but that was an epic fail, too.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #199
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Marie, glad your surgery went well. Sounds like you've got a great DH taking care of you
Old 12-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #200
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I rushed out the door while he kenneled the dog and got DS into my car and an waiting behind the wheel waiting on him to come out now
How'd that work out?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Elena - I too am impressed you can tel where your placenta is! I only know mine is anterior, but I have no idea how high or low. I feel the jabs about the same all over the place these days.

AFM - Hanging in there. My next appt with MFM is the day after Christmas. I am now worrying that the little lady has the cord around her neck. I was looking more closely at our 3D photos from my appt on Wed and I swear I can see it wrapped around there.
Like I said, I wouldn't be able to tell without having all ready "found" it with the doppler at the Dr's and then the tech at the u/s confirming it. I mean, I still couldn't pinpoint it, lol, but I know the general area where it is.
Makes sense that by that point baby would be big enough to be felt even through the placenta.

Try not to obsess about the cord - I know how hard it is not to keep looking at the pics, every angle, trying to dicipher things.
Even if the cord is on her neck, that doesn't mean around her neck, kwim? We could see Hiccup's cord going up his chest, across a part of his neck and over his shoulder, but it was obviously not around his neck and wasn't tightened.
When you have your appt, take the pic along and ask the Dr about it, ask him to check it and show you on the next u/s - shouldn't be a problem, and, really, should be something they're taking a peek at each time anyways I would think.

AFM: 24 weeks today - viability