Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #261
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (December)

Harmony96: Sorry mama My advice? Unplug the phone until after the baby is born! No really...do it! Try to see this as some extra YOU time. Take a bath, eat something really yummy, have your hubby rub your feet, go for a walk, get a massage , get your hair done...the list goes on and on. You are at the PERFECT time to get people to do things for you and have an excuse to pamper yourself so I say run with it! Hopefully the next time we see you is to OOO and AHH over your beautiful new babe!

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #262
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Andrea - That would bother the heck outta me too. Actually, remembering back to Levi, it did bug the heck outta me. At least my parents didn't call multiple times a day, just once every few days, but the people IRL were annoying!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #263
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

I've been out of town for the holidays. Sooo glad to be back home. Wednesday is my anatomy scan. Looking forward to seeing baby and finding out boy or girl!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #264
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

andrea!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #265
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

Andrea- the nerve of people...ugh. Hugs to you. Hope you got that phone turned off before the next crazy call.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #266
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I finished unpacking the few stored baby clothes that I kept (baby's going to live in sleepers, even going out, for a very long time, lol... I'll have to get him one or two "church" outfits) this afternoon, and I assembled all my birth supplies into a box in an orderly fashion, and realized that I don't have any hats after all. So I had DH pull boxes out from under the bed (where I was stashing my plethora of craft supplies) until I found my crochet hooks and some suitable yarn (some chocolate colored soft acrylic) and I made a couple of newborn hats.

NOW I'm ready.

But, if this baby wants to play a "numbers game" with his birthday like my other kids did, then he probably won't be born until the 2nd or 3rd, so his birthday can be 1-2-13 or 1-3-13.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #267
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

it's the hats- baby was waiting for the hats. seriously, though, that was the last thing on my list too! they're in the mail.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #268
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Andrea. The questions can be so obnoxious! People tend to start weeks early, and then it just gets worse and worse. Bah! At least their intentions are good. My SIL gave birth earlier this month and people starting pestering her a full 5 weeks before her due date. Sometimes they were actually frustrated that baby WASN'T already there. I felt so bad for her having to deal with all that!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #269
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
Wednesday is my anatomy scan. Looking forward to seeing baby and finding out boy or girl!
That's a great way to start the new year, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I made a couple of newborn hats.

NOW I'm ready.
Bet he was waiting for the hats
A friend of mine went overdue, kept putting off buying this diaper bag she really wanted but thought it was too much $$. Finally she gave in, after a week + over, and bought the bag to cheer herself up - she went into labor that night and baby came - he was waiting for that bag

I've finally gotten Levi's cross stitch birth announcement done ( yes, 2 years too late!) and now I'm letting myself start things for Hiccup. Have a hat and 2 headbands done for a Hiccup-girl, need to get buttons to finish the shoes to match, and I'm starting on a rainbow set (I want to get a hat and boots, then a cocoon). Forgot how much I like crocheting & knitting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
My SIL gave birth earlier this month and people starting pestering her a full 5 weeks before her due date. Sometimes they were actually frustrated that baby WASN'T already there.
They were frustrated that baby wasn't already there... early? People are so dumb sometimes.
I remember with Levi all the moms at nursery school and dance classes kept bothering me about him being "almost due" then "over due, coming any day" and how they couldn't wait to hold the baby for me - I was thinking the whole time "He'll come when he's good and ready... and you're sure as hell not holding him anyways!" but would just smile and nod. strangers wanting to snuggle my baby!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #270
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm home from my folks' house... feels good to be back and sleeping in my own bed!!! I can't even believe I'm in the 14th week now... the holidays sure helped the last couple of weeks fly by for me... I find out the gender two weeks from tomorrow... I am sooo excited! Have my fingers crossed for a girl!!

I hope you all had a great holiday season! Andrea, been thinking of you and hoping your family can lay off with the "are you contracting yet?" comments.. that's annoying!!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote