Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

I just started knitting recently and would love to be able to do wool mostly while we're at home. So far we have 2 knit longies that fit, 1 in the works, 1 slightly too big, 1 pair upcycled that fit, 1 too big, and then some various lightweight wool covers (3) that just fit.

I would like to knit 2 more longies that will be on the larger side and then start working on shorties. Ds can wear the shorties inside now so, how many would you make? And is there a point to making any soakers on top of this? He's a heavy wetter so even if I change hourly I like to be able to have at least 2 pairs per day, and only like to wash once a month because I'm lazy

Advertisement

Last edited by Dancy Baby; 12-03-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
Angel89411
Banned

I have 6 soakers that I rarely use. I will put them under pants or pajamas sometimes. 2 pairs of shorties, 3 pairs of longies and another pair of each that need elastic. My longies are all a little big in one way or another. I roll cuffs and have adjustable waistband elastic. 2 pairs of woollies that I got off fsot have an iCord waist. I lanolize when I realize they stink and/or are leaking. 5-6 weeks. I haven't lanolized the soakers in a few months because he rarely wears them. We used them a lot this past summer when heat index was so high (100s) with our nasty humidity.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Longies and Shorties - how many and when?

As many as you want! I have way more than I should already, and just learned to knit. But they are so cute and practical, and we get comments all the time about them. Love them!

I have used interlock soakers under longies for long car rides to help keep any potential wicking from a super soaked diaper in check.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

Okay so basically I can just knit all year long and go with the flow, kind of like how I buy other diapers lol! I just wasn't sure if shorties would be practical in the winter, but I guess for around the house it would be fine especially since ds is crawling now!
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote