Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #11
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy
I must be the only weird one that doesn't mind the drinks I probably have too much sugar in my diet anyway so it just tastes like flat orange soda to me.
Hehe, I don't mind the glucose drink, either. I had to go for the 3 hour (by only a couple points!) with DD1 and that one has double the glucose and is SUPER though. It's waaaay too sweet and I felt so dizzy and sick the rest of the day. At least I passed!

My SIL is a couple days past her DD, and I just got a text from my brother that they're at the hospital now Kinda really looking forward to having a snuggly newborn niece to tide me over until March!

Advertisement

Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #12
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - December!

Aww yay ELV to her Lauren!

happymama1- So sorry about your dd how scary!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had the glucose test last week-it was the fasting 10 hours, then blood taken three times over two hours. The drink clear and was like drinking slightly wastered down corn syrop-it was SO gross, I took the full 5 minutes to choke it back and almost threw up twice and I have a strong stomach.

And then two days later I got the stomach flu. My kids and DH had it but they threw up twice and it was over with a few bathroom trips for the other end. I on the other hand threw up all night-about 8 times with a ton of bathroom trips for the other end before it was out. That is the first time I have ever been sick during a pregnancy and hopefully the last-it was awful!

Christmas tradition will be all new to us this year. We Usually go home to my parents-most of my family is there but this year we wanted to start making our own traditions in our own home and plus DH's family is here and it's time they starting getting the kids on Christmas day.

I know for sure the kids get to open pj's the night before. We will probably do a nice dinner and than a christmas movie and popcorn-or if weather is nice a Christmas eve walk and look at lights. Christmas day we will wake and make coffee letting the kids open their stockings and then we will open our gifts. Than I will make a nice breakfast and than off to the Grandparents house for the day and Christmas dinner.

I will miss going home-I am 32 years old and probably have only missed 2 Christmas's in my life but I have a family now and travel can be challenging and a very uncomfortable 7 hour drive in VERY snowing condition when this pregnant. We will alternate and return next year but we want to start making our own memories and traditions here.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #14
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Heather I totally get you. It's becoming clear to me that we can't be making all the road trips anymore. YDD hates the car and 2 hours turns into 3 very easily trying to deal with her. It looks like we'll open gifts here Christmas eve, travel to my inlaws that night for gifts with them, then stay overnight at my parents and spend christmas day with them driving back home that night so DH can go to work. Just thinking about it is exhausting and I think next year, we'll have them come to us. It will be so strange not being at home but it's just way easier on the two adults to travel than all of us.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #15
Mama_K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Christmas always seems to be a little different for us each year, last year we spent in on the beach in Florida since my sister got married down there that week. This year we are doing something new (for us) of drawing names for presents, trying to keep things a little simpler this year
I'm 27 weeks along now, had an appointment with the midwife today and my hemoglobin is low only 9.5, grrrr! I'm frustrated with that because I try really hard to eat iron rich foods (red meat, lots of leafy veggies, oatmeal...) but I can't get it to come up With as low as it is right now, I wouldn't be able to deliver at the birth center so looks like I'll probably have to try some iron supplements to bring it up. The midwife did an initial blood test that showed the hemoglobin at 9.5, since it was so low she took an additional sample to send to the lab to double check. I should have results from that tomorrow and we will go from there. I'm trying not to worry yet since I have time but I really hope I can get this level up!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #16
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mama K- sorry for the low hemoglobin! I also try to keep my diet rich in high iron foods, but ALWAYS have extremely low iron in pregnancy (lowest was in the 4's and the highest was upper 7's). My body has a hard time absorbing the iron from foods and iron pills. When my iron was in the 4 range, I really concentrated on eating more iron rich foods, plus took my prenatal, iron pill and a slow FE and got it up to the upper 9's or low 10's in time for the delivery. Still low by their standards, but better than where it was. This time around I am taking Fluoradix. It is suppose to be much easier to absorb and has extra herbs to help with that. I will find out in a couple of weeks just how effective it has been for me. I can say that I feel better! I was really weak until I started taking it and within a few days I could feel a difference. Hope you can get your iron up so that you can birth where you want!!

As for Christmas traditions... we have developed our own and it has been fabulous. My mother had (and still does) a hard time with us not driving 8 hours to spend Christmas with her, but it was too far, through mountains and snow. And I have really enjoyed making our own family traditions. A fairly local church puts on a walk through Bethlehem. It runs for 5 evenings and is attended by thousands. It is our kick off to the advent season. We make cookies and fudge. I make a french toast casserole for Christmas morning. We open stocking gifts 1st, eat breakfast then do presents. Oh, and I hide a pickle ornament in the tree and the child that finds it gets to open up the new nutcracker. My kids LOVE that. I love that I am making our own memories and traditions that mean something to our children.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #17
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy View Post
Heather I totally get you. It's becoming clear to me that we can't be making all the road trips anymore. YDD hates the car and 2 hours turns into 3 very easily trying to deal with her. It looks like we'll open gifts here Christmas eve, travel to my inlaws that night for gifts with them, then stay overnight at my parents and spend christmas day with them driving back home that night so DH can go to work. Just thinking about it is exhausting and I think next year, we'll have them come to us. It will be so strange not being at home but it's just way easier on the two adults to travel than all of us.
Exactly. Our drive home in summer is 5 hours, during winter you can push that easily to 7 hours+.

My sister and brother live here and I have a sister in Calgary. Once this baby comes and my sister is expecting a third as well it will be 11 people traveling between us home with young children compaired too 3(my mom, dad and sister) just traveling here.

It's crazy to change tradition but the long rides home in the snow are becoming harder to deal with so I think them coming here every second year will slowly come about.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #18
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

We are NOT traveling this year! Our family is about 7 hours away with NO stops. Between my potty breaks and the twins freaking out it could go on for days. Forget that!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #19
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So my SIL had her baby yesterday! Super fast labor (2cm to 10cm in about an hour!!!) and almost 2 hrs of pushing. Little girl was 7lb 14oz and 21in and super cute! Mom and baby are great and were released from the hossie today (SIL works there and had no interest is staying since all is well).
Old 12-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #20
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DP