Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lil Shamrocks - December!

awesome labor minus the two hours of pushing. i'll be asking to be release early as well. i didn't have any complications with my son and hoping none with aurelia either. i know what to watch for and when we had to stay two days in the hospital with lu we about went crazy.

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #22
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids
awesome labor minus the two hours of pushing. i'll be asking to be release early as well. i didn't have any complications with my son and hoping none with aurelia either. i know what to watch for and when we had to stay two days in the hospital with lu we about went crazy.
I enjoy the hossie! It's like a mini vacation to me. I don't need to cook, I can watch TV in bed, and I have a couple days with no one asking me for drinks and snacks (well, besides the baby, but that's different). I rarely have babysitters, so a few days of rest in the hospital is a real treat. I will miss my older kiddos, but they'll be visiting at least, and DH will probably be taking care of them a lot. The nurses are really pro breast feeding and hands-off when you want them to, so that makes me happy. It's a good hospital--I'm lucky!

Last edited by Sunshine915; 12-05-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #23
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
I enjoy the hossie! It's like a mini vacation to me. I don't need to cook, I can watch TV in bed, and I have a couple days with no one asking me for drinks and snacks (well, besides the baby, but that's different). I rarely have babysitters, so a few days of rest in the hospital is a real treat. I will miss my older kiddos, but they'll be visiting at least, and DH will probably be taking care of them a lot. The nurses are really pro breast feeding and hands-off when you want them to, so that makes me happy. It's a good hospital--I'm lucky!
I feel the exact same way!! It is kind of hilarious to me...I mean, a hospital stay due to a c-section as a mini-vaca....but it's so true Especially the more kiddos I have.
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #24
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
So my SIL had her baby yesterday! Super fast labor (2cm to 10cm in about an hour!!!) and almost 2 hrs of pushing. Little girl was 7lb 14oz and 21in and super cute! Mom and baby are great and were released from the hossie today (SIL works there and had no interest is staying since all is well).
Yay, congrats!

Quote:
NOT ME! I have a panic attack when I go to a hospital!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #25
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

We don't really have any Christmas traditions here. Though we do try to get each other and DS a new ornament every year. Eventually our tree will look full with ornaments

We just started DS in parent/child swimming lessons. So at least I get to get into a pool almost every day, though my swimming suit top is a little too snug and I'm searching for a new one.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #26
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

to all the families not feeling well.

My favorite tradition (DH and I started) is buying a special ornament each year that symbolizes something significant we did as a family that year (e.g., one year we bought a snowflake ornament to symbolize our move to Maine, another year we bought a nutcracker ornament to symbolize the first play we saw together). Im looking forward to picking out an ornament with DS this year :-)

We are traveling 8 hours to my MILs for Christmas this year. Its not too bad though. We break the trip up. We drive from 5-9pm one night (stopping once for dinner and to let DS stretch his legs) then we get a hotel. The next morning we drive from 7am-11am and get there just in time for lunch. DS tolerates it much better that way, and its nice not being exhausted when we arrive.

And, I start the third trimester in a few days! Its flown by!!!

Quote:
I enjoy the hossie! It's like a mini vacation to me.
I second this! I had an unexpected hospital transfer from the birth center last time, but ended up loving the hospital stay for all of those reasons!!!

Last edited by amb2j; 12-06-2012 at 11:59 AM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #27
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm not sure how I feel about the hospital. With DD and DS I went in and had the baby and left the second they would let me. Here we labour, deliver and recover in the same room which is great but after I had DS the poor women in the next room to me was just screaming her head off. To me the beds are VERY uncomfortable, the food is AWFUL so it's kind of an all around unpleasent to be there....HOWEVER....

This being my third and having two at home I may stay depending on how long SMIL can keep the kiddos. That being said though every time I have a baby I think I might stay but so far every time I just want to LEAVE immediately and get home to the comforts of my own bed with GOOD food. DH waits on my hand and foot any ways after a baby and I like to take advantage of that-plus his care is sooo much better than the hospital's

Last edited by Maeve Baby; 12-06-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Maeve Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #28
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My favorite tradition is that I try to make sugar cookies with our boys at least twice during dec. I hate the mess of sugar cookies so I usally don't do them much the rest of the year, but it makes the boys so happy to make them.

We have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow, so we finally get to see our little one.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #29
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
I don't mind the hossie stay either. I'll be delivering at a different hossie than before so I'm hoping it's a good experience there as well.

We only have a few traditions: each kid gets to open new jammies on Christmas Eve, we always put out reindeer food for the reindeer and each kid gets a new ornament (from the ILs).
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #30
crnchy_mama_lala
Registered Users
seller

Congrats on the baby announcement, sunshine! I wish I had a new baby to cuddle right now. I ooh and ah every time I see a little squishie when we're out somewhere. Glad she had such a good delivery, too!

I usually don't mind hospital stays, but our experience with dd wasn't fantastic as we had been planning a home birth and had to transfer to the hospital after my water broke and the staff didn't treat us very well. I agree though with the pp's that the beds are usually uncomfortable and the food isn't great so I'm hoping to be released asap to start my babymoon with dh. He gets a week off work and my mil and mom will be taking care of dd so it should be pretty stress free at home (at least for the first week!)

Sterlids - love the name you picked out! Our dd is named Aurelia

We don't have any traditions other than Church Christmas Eve and leaving cookies and milk out for Santa. Also opening one gift on Christmas Eve. Other than that Christmas is all about family for us. Both of our parents are divorced and we take an entire week to visit all of them. Some years we make a 6 hour trip out of state to visit extended family as well. When our kids are older and if they want to start staying home I would consider it, but for now it's what we'd rather do. The Christmas after dd was born we stayed home b/c she was only 2 months old and it just didn't feel the same not getting to see everyone. Dh's grandparents are also very old and probably won't make it more than another couple of years so it's very important to us that our dd gets to know her only great grandparents before they are gone. Even our family thinks we are crazy for doing it but I honestly can't imagine picking and choosing who we would and wouldn't see for Christmas one year. It would be harder for me than making the trip to see them all.
crnchy_mama_lala is offline   Reply With Quote