Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Good diaper for skin to breath

So, my ds has really sensitive skin. I have been using disposables at night because his skin was never clearing up from rashes. When I was using cloth at night I would use a lay fleece down and that didn't help. I know wool is great for the cover but, what fitted do you like and would work best? Any material vs other material and what not. Would really like to start using all cloth again.

Advertisement

upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Good diaper for skin to breath

My son is very sensitive, too, and needs both stay-dry AND a breathable cover like fleece or wool (we mainly use fleece but wool is supposed to be the *most* breathable).

If you want to try fitteds at nighttime, I recommend trying a nighttime fitted from either Bugga Bugga Boutique or Little Boppers (I think they are custom order only) and having them topped with something stay-dry. My favorite stay-dry topper right now is athletic wicking fabric. It's so smooth it feels almost silky, and it doesn't require compression for the wetness to pass through.

boysniris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks but, I need something a little cheaper.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Natural fibers are breathable, so cotton, bamboo and/or hemp under a wool cover. Do you think he is sensitive to wetness or fleece or suedecloth. There are plenty of natural fiber options. You dont need a single diaper to do it all. A GMD workhorse cotton fitted with a hemp insert may do it for under $15. Even a prefold with a couple of doublers laid in can be a breathable, cheap overnight solution. Lay in a stay dry liner if needed.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure what is causing his rashes. I would strip his diapers and he would still get bad rashes. So, I though I would try wool or fleece covers and see what happens. I have some good night fitteds and I lay some fleece liners down and same thing. So, I think I'll try other materials with a wool cover. Maybe it's the fleece that is bothering his bottom.