Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2016, 09:12 PM   #1
EvangeKing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
any reviews on Sweet iris suedecloth liners?

so it gets kind of hot sometimes out here in so cal (southern California), especially in the inland empire. Baby girl usually uses a fleece liner to have a "stay dry" feel. But lately I noticed ... her baby bits have a certain scent to it. It's similar to when you go work out and sweat like crazy ... you know, sweaty bits LOL.

Has anyone tried the sweet iris suedecloth liners? is suedecloth in general .. a little cooler than fleece? in an effort to save some money, I had found some athletic wicking jersey remnants at my local joanns that I recently cut into "stay dry" liners for baby girl's flats. Just wondering which liner would be more cool for her baby parts.

any opinions?

Advertisement

EvangeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:31 PM   #2
klnra
Registered Users
seller

Re: any reviews on Sweet iris suedecloth liners?

I made liners for my daughter with the same fabric Jenny (from sweet iris) uses and they definitely kept her dry! She ended up having a bad reaction to them though, which is rare. You can buy a yard of the fabric online for $6 plus shipping.
klnra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think suedecloth is more stay dry than fleece. The sweet iris stay dry doublers work great. Though I can speak to to on heat you mentioned.

Consider wool covers to help.
HELP ME Choose Blanket Colors!!! Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #4
EvangeKing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by klnra View Post
I made liners for my daughter with the same fabric Jenny (from sweet iris) uses and they definitely kept her dry! She ended up having a bad reaction to them though, which is rare. You can buy a yard of the fabric online for $6 plus shipping.
I remember reading that, which is why I haven't yet decided to purchase it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I think suedecloth is more stay dry than fleece. The sweet iris stay dry doublers work great. Though I can speak to to on heat you mentioned.

Consider wool covers to help.
I may have to consider suede cloth then. My daughter wears wool most of the time and other times I just let her run free without a cover.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that would be "can't speak to having excessive heat". We used the sweet iris stay dry doubles on top of a greffin baby super absorber all in a sandys for nighttime.
HELP ME Choose Blanket Colors!!! Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:57 AM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

btw you also can use wool for stay dry but I have never tried it.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:53 PM   #7
EvangeKing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
btw you also can use wool for stay dry but I have never tried it.
I am assuming just hand wash these and do NOT lanolize? then use as liners? is that how it works?
Old 05-19-2016, 06:44 PM   #8
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

I have her stay dry liners they are stiffer than I'd like but are softening over time. They work great for stay dry tho.
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:02 AM   #9
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For the wool liners I know GMD sells them, recommend you read about them there, no lanolin.