Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #141
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug '11 - December Chat

Cute pics!! I'll try to get some up this week while I'm off.. I'm always so slow at it, lol! We've had a great two days and are going to go play with the new Plah-doh set in a few min.

Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #142
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Great pics! Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Brynn got some age appropriate toys, but she is way more interested in her sisters' toys...especially the American Girl Dolls. I have one I bought for her last month, but I know she'll mess the hair up so I'll wait until she's a little older. Anyway here is a pic from yesterday. She had just woken up from a nap too early and was in the WORST mood.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #143
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So whenever I ask Seni for a kiss she will come give me the sweetest little kiss... and then slap me in the face. What the heck?

Seni is super interested in her sisters' toys too.. she ran around yesterday grabbing everything like she owned the place..lol
Old 12-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #144
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Harper has pink eye. She is a clingy and needy little girl tonight.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #145
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OH no britt poor baby!

Apparently we are having a Toy Story Marathon in my house. All Tanner wants to do is watch Toy Story. He never asks for much so I just put it on and I am getting much needed relaxation from the month of travel we have done.

I am putting together a family planner. LOL I bought a family planner and now I have to actually fill it in. I always have the hardest time with the mal planning and grocery list. Not sure why but it does not help that I refuse to buy non-organic produce and the closest place I can get it is an hr away. Same goes for meats. We are looking to move in June so we will be closer to stores and csas and the things I like so that should be easier.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #146
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Alison, I remember you said you just went to Disney. We are heading there in February for the first time with all four, any tips, things you would do differently you could share?
Old 12-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #147
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Aww, poor Harper! hope it doesn't last long.

Alison- good for you for planning. I have decided to do a Dave Ramsey kind of thing. Have to sit down with dh first and figure it all out. Not that our spending is out of control, but we really need to think about college and retirement.

Carrie- GL with that trip!! We haven't been anywhere major yet with ours.

Crystal- Evan is a hitter all the time. drives me nuts too.

afm- trying to get my stuff together. I've been pretty worthless this week. My house is a mess, which just overwhelms me right now. I really need to do some purging and organizing. Dh is working full time right now, plus he and his bro are taking on some remodeling projects on the side for a local bank. In a few months storm season will be upon us and I'm sure he'll be busy with that too, doing claims after work and his days off. We have tons of small/med projects around our house that need to be done as well. LOL I'm trying to figure out when we can drive to Michigan before this baby comes. We haven't been up in a few years and it's time to go. Not looking forward to another trip pg though. Did it with both girls. Camped for almost a week when I was 30ish wks both times. We won't be camping this time around. Anyways just have lots on my mind and lots to do. better get to it. Need to get Evan down for a nap so I can go nuts!
Old 12-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #148
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hope Harper feels better soon! You bf, right? I love having the "medicine" right at my disposal.

Just had Seni's appt and she's about 23 lb (50%) and 32 inches (90%). Tall and skinny like the rest.

Vanessa, I've been super overwhelmed with projects lately too. This week off has been awesome to get a few done. Unfortunately it's back to work Mon with not nearly as much as I wanted done. I did get through Seni's dresser at least and pulled out the small clothes (mostly 6-9 month... how sad is that since she's wearing mostly 18 month?). But now they're in a pile on the floor waiting to be sorted into bins and I need to get out more of the bigger clothes. *sigh*
Old 12-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #149
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katengrace View Post
Alison, I remember you said you just went to Disney. We are heading there in February for the first time with all four, any tips, things you would do differently you could share?
Are you staying in the park?

We stayed in the park and had a park hopper.

We took the buses for the 1st couple of days but after that we took our car. For us it was easier then lugging the dbl stroller on and off the bus. We got free parking for staying in the park. Next time I go I think we will stay at a hotel that has the monorail bc you do not have to take kids out of the stroller but those hotels are more exp. There are hotels though that you can actually walk to the parks--I would look into those too. We did not drive to Magic Kingdom though bc that is a pain in itself just buses and monorails to there.

We went to all the parks but I do think we will skip Animal Kingdom next time. Not many rides for the kids. We wanted them to do Dino land (in AK) and Tanner could only go on 1 ride and Blu could only go on 2. We missed the shows but I heard the 3 shows they have are great. They did a safari ride but I could not do it bc preggers. DO not get me wrong it is cute but I am skipping it for awhile.

We like Planet Hollywood bc there were alot of shows for the kids. And the parade is a pixar parade. We also did fantasmic which the kids loved and I was shocked that Peyton did not get scared. Tanner said his favorite part of the trip was when "Mickey beat the bad guys."(fantasmic). We ate at Pizza Planet which the kids were thrilled about and we did the Toy Story Mania ride which was the only ride we waited on.

We did MK The first night and the next night with the extra park hours (you get that if you stay in the park). We had no wait on rides, but Tanner and Peyton mostly slept through that which I was fine with, and DH and Blu went on EVERY ride in the park ( I could not go on much bc I am pregnant). With the little ones I would do Fantasy Land right away, my kids loved it!

Epcot is my favorite and the nemo ride and the talking with crush was up there with the kids favorite of the trip. I LOVE just strolling through epcot so I think it is worth it. We did it 2 nights but some people do not like it that much but we skipped most of the rides except the one I mentioned and just enjoyed the countries.

We had a meal plan. I sit down, one counter, one snack per person 3 and older. The sit down meals were kind of inconvenient bc you usually have to make reservations and they seem to not give you many options. But we loved the meals and one of them was a character breakfast. I figured instead of waiting on line for the kids to see Mickey just have breakfast were they come and meet you. The kids loved it and the food was great. Counter service has a ton of options and a TON of food. We only did it bc it was a special going on but I am not sure we would do it if there was no special.

If you have more questions later or closer to the trip don't hesitate to ask.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #150
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Alison- good for you for planning. I have decided to do a Dave Ramsey kind of thing. Have to sit down with dh first and figure it all out. Not that our spending is out of control, but we really need to think about college and retirement.

afm- trying to get my stuff together. I've been pretty worthless this week. My house is a mess, which just overwhelms me right now. I really need to do some purging and organizing. Dh is working full time right now, plus he and his bro are taking on some remodeling projects on the side for a local bank. In a few months storm season will be upon us and I'm sure he'll be busy with that too, doing claims after work and his days off. We have tons of small/med projects around our house that need to be done as well. LOL I'm trying to figure out when we can drive to Michigan before this baby comes. We haven't been up in a few years and it's time to go. Not looking forward to another trip pg though. Did it with both girls. Camped for almost a week when I was 30ish wks both times. We won't be camping this time around. Anyways just have lots on my mind and lots to do. better get to it. Need to get Evan down for a nap so I can go nuts!
We are following DR loosly. We take alot of his rec and pretty much follow it but we do deviate a little. I am a failure though when it comes to the grocery budget. I need to get on top of it dh has only been asking for about 5 yrs now.

I purged a bunch of things today and need to go through broken toys--I will probably do that when the boys go back to school.

Has anyone sold clothes on here. I have a bunch of boy stuff to get rid of. I kept my favorites throughout the years and donated others in the past. But now it is time to get rid of it all

I was thinking of selling it on here but can you actually make money after shipping and things. Do Gap, Old Navy, Childs Place, and Janie and Jack, Nike and Adidas sell here? What about Nike sneakers?

Sorry for all the questions I am clueless.