Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #151
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug '11 - December Chat

Thanks for all the info! We are actully staying in a house 3 miles from the park because we are going with 2 other families. It's a 7 bedroom house with private pool, jacuzzi, game room, etc. We wanted to let the older girls do sleepovers with their cousins, and this just seemed like the easiest way to do it without having to get so many rooms.
We will be there for 5 nights. Not sure how we are going to split it up amoung the parks yet. Haven't bought tickets yet because they uusually put out some great FL resident's deasl at the first of the year. Last year it was 4 days for $100! I plan on renting a BOB double stroller...they deliver it right to your room/house, and pick it up.
So you liked Epcot? Last time I was there, which was about 8 years ago it seemed geared more towards adults. That was before they changed all the Living Seas to the Nemo ride.
How did Peyton do? Brynn is the one I worry about...she doesn't nap anywhere well besides a crib. I'm praying she will nap in the stoller, even just a little nap. If not, ugghh watch out!

About selling clothes...what I have done so far is if it's really nice like Gymbo, Gap, Janie and Jack I set it up in lots on EBay. Same with the shoes...I've sold lots of Robeez, Stride Rite and Pedipeds. If it's just ok, like Circo, Old Navy Carter's I put it all together in those huge Ziploc bags by size and sell large lots for around $30 each on Craigslist. Honestly, if I knew someone who was having a girl I would just pass them on. It would probably be easier.

Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #152
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I know nothing about Disney.

As far as selling clothes here, I don't find it to be worth it unless its stuff like hanna, boden, Gymboree. I'd go the eBay route or do lots on Craigslist. Anything else I'd donate.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #153
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katengrace View Post
Thanks for all the info! We are actully staying in a house 3 miles from the park because we are going with 2 other families. It's a 7 bedroom house with private pool, jacuzzi, game room, etc. We wanted to let the older girls do sleepovers with their cousins, and this just seemed like the easiest way to do it without having to get so many rooms.
We will be there for 5 nights. Not sure how we are going to split it up amoung the parks yet. Haven't bought tickets yet because they uusually put out some great FL resident's deasl at the first of the year. Last year it was 4 days for $100! I plan on renting a BOB double stroller...they deliver it right to your room/house, and pick it up.
So you liked Epcot? Last time I was there, which was about 8 years ago it seemed geared more towards adults. That was before they changed all the Living Seas to the Nemo ride.
How did Peyton do? Brynn is the one I worry about...she doesn't nap anywhere well besides a crib. I'm praying she will nap in the stoller, even just a little nap. If not, ugghh watch out!

About selling clothes...what I have done so far is if it's really nice like Gymbo, Gap, Janie and Jack I set it up in lots on EBay. Same with the shoes...I've sold lots of Robeez, Stride Rite and Pedipeds. If it's just ok, like Circo, Old Navy Carter's I put it all together in those huge Ziploc bags by size and sell large lots for around $30 each on Craigslist. Honestly, if I knew someone who was having a girl I would just pass them on. It would probably be easier.
My dh would love to stay outside the park next time. The Fl residence perk sounds awesome!

Peyton did great. Hung out in the stroller and just enjoyed everything. The rides she went on she LOVED!!!!! The only night she stayed up was the last night at epcot which apperently she loved bc when I asked her if she had a good time she started freaking out clapping her hands and hitting her legs. Epcot is def more for adults though.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #154
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Ok weird share moment... Lately when I know that Evan has pooped, I will ask him, and he will say " I deed!" lol It's so cute, but the fact that he knows...
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #155
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I just realized I haven't posted pics yet... going to PB right away to upload, lol!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:18 PM   #156
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is everyone with kiddos on winter break enjoying it? I have to admit that in light of the recent school tragedy I have been much happier with my kiddos home. Unfortunately it's snowed here a bit and turned to ice so they really aren't outside much. They're getting a little stir crazy.

Anyone have plans for New Years? We were invited to spend the evening with friends playing games and eating but I am sick, Harpers cold is worse and she has a chapped mustache from her nose and with the weather the way it is, we're staying in. Probably watch a movie later with the kids maybe make some cookies to munch on. Nothing too special!

Old 12-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #157
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

We are headed to mils. Food, maybe some cards or a movie. Nothing major. I'm ready for them to be back in school though! Lol.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #158
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Britt--I feel the same way about scholl and the break right now.

The kids have actually been dreams. Dh went away for a couple of days and we just relaxed and had fun.

No plans tonight--may make some cookies but other than that not sure if I will make it to midnight cst.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #159
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Honestly, I've really enjoyed this time off with the girls. They still have the rest of this week off and part of next, so ask me in another week and I'll tell you if my answer is still the same, lol. Dh has been off this whole time, he goes back to work on Wednesday. Whenever he is off for long periods of time he jokes that he is ready to go back to work to get some rest. It makes me feel good because he always tells me he never realizes how much I do in a day, and that he really appreciates me.
Tonight we aren't doing much. We ordered Chinese food and watched a movie. They are already asleep, so it's time for some "me" time. I 'm feeling super productive lately. I reorganized the girls' play room. Got rid of a bunch of toys. I'm in the process of making so new artwork for their walls. I can't wait to see how it comes out! My next step is to tackle to garage and get rid of the last of the baby stuff.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #160
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Whoa Carrie you changed your avi, cute! I have been super purging too, it feels great. We have a smallish house and when there is a lot of clutter or things around it just feels even smaller.

We had dinner, played a wii tournament of tennis, bowling and golf, made and ate brownies, and now the boys are watching a movie. Nathan won't make it much longer but the other two are determined to get to midnight. We shall see!