Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #31
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug '11 - December Chat

grr....some people's kids. and not my own, for once.
actually, it was some rude woman who responded to an ISO I had up on craigslist. I'm looking for a button maker (pin back style) for our church's kid's club. I've been hunting for one on and off for a year and thought if I found one cheap enough, it could be my christmas present. I have in the header $20 and said I was looking for an affordable button maker. a lady response, tells me she has the whole button making system plus extra supplies, and asks how much I am willing to spend. I respond and say I could probably do $30, but would have to check with hubby, please contact me back and let me know what you were thinking and we can go from there.
she responds with a very snarky comment about "the problem of listing things on craigslist is that everyone expects to get really expensive stuff for dirt cheap." she then tells me about the whole list of extras (a special cutter, printer, camera for the printer and special papers) and how the supplies cost more than $200.
umm, ok, than why would you respond to my $20 iso listing in the first place? and how am i supposed to know what accessories you have when all you said was "extra supplies" which could have just been the basic button making supplies? sheesh. I typed up a big snarky reply, then deleted a bunch and sent back a shorter only slight snarky reply.
grr, so rude.
my problem with people on craigslist is wanting to get back retail prices on used items. not my fault you over paid to begin with. (all those people who post their huge old entertainment centers and want hundreds of dollars drive me bonkers...I saw the same thing at goodwill last week for 150...and it will likely be there til it goes on sale 50%.)
ok, done being sassy.

Advertisement

heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #32
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Morning all! I just have to have to share... I woke up at 4:30 with Harper (another story... And also to an email from my mom late last night. She sent me the Christmas list of what she bought and she completely respected me and my wishes!! Each kid is getting 4 things...robe/slippers, book set, a play set (think knex/Lincoln logs), and a board game (which we desperately need as our collection has diminished). They are getting a group gift of skylanders but that's great. I am so thrilled. She heard me and she respected me. And she was true my kids in the process. I couldn't be more happy.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #33
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I typed up a response yesterday and now it's gone. :head scratch: Britt that is more than amazing. I am so glad for you and your kids. And a whole lot jealous!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #34
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks. I am really pleased. I know with everything combined it will still look like a ton but what they're getting is much less 'stuff' and more quality and personal.

So what's everyone up to? Harper is little miss attitude lately and has learned to climb into the kitchen table. The boys do their homework there and color and puzzles and she is CONSTANTLY climbing to see what's been left. She loves to write with their pencils. She eats crayons right now so those are a no-no for now.

She had her 15 month check- not sure if I posted. She is doing great physically. Her weight gain has massively slowed, which is typical for my kids. She was 21 pounds and 32.5" tall. Her weight puts her at the 10th% (down from 95th%) and height at 98th%. Dr isn't concerned but we'll keep an eye on her gain/food intake. Got one shot, that wasn't fun. I agreed to varivax at the 18 month visit. Not looking forward to that....

Topic idea: What are your babes eating? Likes, dislikes? Scheduled mealtimes or grazing? Do they eat from their own plate or have bits of yours?

Us.... Harper is offered everything we eat. She has her own plate but frequently prefers to eat from ours. LOVES: my broccoli cheese soup, anything in a casserole, scrambled eggs, frozen peas, cooked carrots, cereal in a bowl with milk, anything to dip. Dislikes: oatmeal, any yogurt but vanilla Greek, macaroni and cheese. I offer her food at all mealtimes but most of the time she eats a larger mid morning snack as breakfast, and dinner. Many days she naps through lunch.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #35
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow that was long

Old 12-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #36
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Been busy here trying to catch another mouse in my house! GRRRRRR. they are sneaking into my pantry! having a pest guy come out.
Going to Chattanooga this weekend, and hubbys been gone the past 2 days will be back tomorrow night!
We went to a chirstmas light show in a park last night and bubbie was held by my aunt as we drove thru, he LOVED it. Tomorrow we are going to a Christmas exhibit at a place here in memphis, has trees, gingerbread houses, trains, santa, animations etc. should be fun!
oh my aching back, gave the kids a bath, then the 2 dogs, and AF started today
Micah EATS EVERYTHING. PERIOD. LOL. all day long.
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:37 AM   #37
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Stella eats everything and I do mean everything. Even all the strange Chinese food Ayi gives her that I won't touch. You know its something special when there isn't an english name for what you are eating...

Speaking of Little Miss!!! She just had a checkup and little stinker is tipping the scale over 22lbs!!!!! She has gained 5lbs since August. Failure to thrive my hiney.... this puts her at the 40% and I don't remember her inches 32ish I think so up to the 90%.

Been working nonstop this week to do all my lesson plans and test projects for January classes. I don't remember if I said or not but I took a position childrens art classes part time at a studio.

This is my fav upcoming project its inspired by Paul Klee's painting "Fish Magic"

Poo nevermind I can't upload an attachment... stupid China firewall...
Old 12-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #38
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That's great! Nathan eats like that too because Chris eats weird stuff and feeds it to him. When he was little (like under 2) he would eat a whole bowl of salmon eggs.

It's so neat your teaching am art class. Might spun stupid but is it to Americans or Chinese? How is the language barrier?

Old 12-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #39
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Seni eats everything we eat, too, and she doesn't seem to have any dislikes. She'll eat spicy and strong-tasting things, as well. She eats constantly but I'd say is still around 19-20 pounds. My babies are all tall and skinny, though.

It's been a rough week. Luke decided to total my vehicle on Sat night so I'm dealing with all that. And now Seni and Naima are sick. On top of it, the person I work with took the week off so I don't have my day off that I'd really love right now.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #40
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Seni eats everything we eat, too, and she doesn't seem to have any dislikes. She'll eat spicy and strong-tasting things, as well. She eats constantly but I'd say is still around 19-20 pounds. My babies are all tall and skinny, though.

It's been a rough week. Luke decided to total my vehicle on Sat night so I'm dealing with all that. And now Seni and Naima are sick. On top of it, the person I work with took the week off so I don't have my day off that I'd really love right now.