Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #41
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug '11 - December Chat

whoops, dp

Advertisement

Last edited by sugar_crystalz; 12-13-2012 at 06:38 AM.
sugar_crystalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #42
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Casper eats just about everything. Except avocado. Which is just wrong. He may not be mine. He tries to climb and sit at the table like the big kids, but he still eats in his booster. He also climbs on the table and eats crayons. How are they more delicious than avocado? Crazy boy!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #43
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
He really does eat anything. He just swallowed one if those music egg shakers. I had to ease it out of his esophagus since the heimlick wasn't working. One very freaked out Mama here. I'm so blessed I was right there.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #44
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl
He really does eat anything. He just swallowed one if those music egg shakers. I had to ease it out of his esophagus since the heimlick wasn't working. One very freaked out Mama here. I'm so blessed I was right there.
Oh my gosh Amy! That is terrifying. I am SO glad you were there with him! I hope he is okay.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #45
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey, been crazy here. Brynn has been battling one persistent ear infection for 5 weeks now. Had to resort to antibiotic injections...2 a day for 3 days. You could tell those hurt too, but it was that or a referral to an ENT for tubes. They seem to have worked, praying we are done with that for a long time.
Brynn is not really a fantastic eater...she likes yogurt, oatmeal, cheese, grapes, bananas. Not much of a meat eater and loves anything dipped in ketchup.
I think I posted earlier but she weighs around 21 lbs and is 32.5 inches, so her lack of eating is not really affecting her. Oh, and she hates milk, but she's still nursing so I'm not too concerned.
Anyway, I hear her waking up from her nap so I better run.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #46
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Carrie, that sounds so rough. Poor baby. Are the injections helping her now? My oldest had tubes in when he was two and it helped a lot. I also had tubes in my own ears several times as a child with a long history of infections. It's really hard

As for the milk, I'm glad to know Harper isn't the only one who won't drink it. The boys all had no issues with it wether they were sill nursing or not but she wants nothing to do with it. she is also still nursing though so I'm not worried either. It's weird though!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #47
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Omg amy, that is crazy!!! So glad he is ok. Makes me worry now,,,,

Micah doesnt like cow milk either. He does drink vanilla coconut milk from the fridge section. He LOVES cheese though.
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #48
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katengrace View Post
Hey, been crazy here. Brynn has been battling one persistent ear infection for 5 weeks now. Had to resort to antibiotic injections...2 a day for 3 days. You could tell those hurt too, but it was that or a referral to an ENT for tubes. They seem to have worked, praying we are done with that for a long time.
Brynn is not really a fantastic eater...she likes yogurt, oatmeal, cheese, grapes, bananas. Not much of a meat eater and loves anything dipped in ketchup.
I think I posted earlier but she weighs around 21 lbs and is 32.5 inches, so her lack of eating is not really affecting her. Oh, and she hates milk, but she's still nursing so I'm not too concerned.
Anyway, I hear her waking up from her nap so I better run.
Hey have you tried garic oil in ears, always worked for my familys ear infection.
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #49
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tried garlic oil first, but it just wasn't doing anything so I ended up taking her to the ped after a few days. Unfortunately we have bad genetics for ear infections, both dh and I have had multiple sets of tubes, dh actually had to be on IV antibiotics once for almost a month. He ended up with a mastoidectomy on his right ear. So, yea pretty serious ear problems. I am in the process of looking for a chiropractor now.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #50
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey all!!!! We just got back from DisneyWorld. It was fun and the kids had a blast--so did I but I think I am good for about 5 years! I am so exhausted. It was cool to see Peyton on the rides and how much she actually takes in. She was getting mad on the rides if my hand went anywhere near her bc she wanted to do it herself.

As for eating well she eats everything except for beans and peas. Her favorite meal is pizza and she calls everything orange juice. You can not bring food araound her bc she goes "mmmmmm owange juice" Then points and will totally try to get it from you.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote