Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #61
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had some anxiety as a child abnd still struggle with it regarding personal safety, I pretty much obsessed over it as a kid, I'm not so bad anymore. And I plan to talk to ds1 about possible scenarios like this, but as for right now we feel it best that he does not know particulars. I dont want him to deal with what I did. His innocence is still intact regarding some things and im not ready to injure it.

I totally respect all of you who have shar ed it with your children. If he hears of it and has questions or concern we will address them with love and honesty.

Advertisement

5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #62
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake
I had some anxiety as a child abnd still struggle with it regarding personal safety, I pretty much obsessed over it as a kid, I'm not so bad anymore. And I plan to talk to ds1 about possible scenarios like this, but as for right now we feel it best that he does not know particulars. I dont want him to deal with what I did. His innocence is still intact regarding some things and im not ready to injure it.

I totally respect all of you who have shar ed it with your children. If he hears of it and has questions or concern we will address them with love and honesty.
I totally understand this pov. My oldest had anxiety when he was a bit younger (from age 2-6, kindergarten threw him over and he was actually hospitalized because it was affecting him physically ), I could have NEVER told him then. He is nearly ten now and can understand better and has outgrown a lot of it. He has a tender heart still and feels for the losses of these children. Since losing their Papa in October they grasp death differently and get the finality of it.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #63
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
2 things. First, I babysat 2 littles boys last night. The 3 year old told me his dad had no butt. I was like, "what?!?" He said, "My dad has no butt. He worked, worked, worked it off!" While he danced around shaking his butt. Totally made my night.

And second, isn't Casper too adorable?

Last edited by estradaamyl; 04-30-2013 at 01:07 PM.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #64
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Amy..... He is too much!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #65
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug '11 - December Chat

Amy that is to cute!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #66
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So sweet Amy!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #67
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Saturday night was the first time I've watched the news in forever. The only news I catch is whatever happens to come up on yahoo news when I check email. I know, alittle pathetic. I only told the kids that we need to pray for some families in another state, that someone hurt them and made them sad and they need to know that Jesus loves them. I'm just not sure how sydney would handle the full truth. If they were a little older I may have told them more, but I'm not sure.
Now I forgot who mentioned the personal safety anxiety, but I completely understand. We lived in a Minneapolis suburbwhen I was in elementary school. I don't remember any issues at the school, but I remember seeing the news a bit and hearing sirens often. I was convinced literally that the only way people died was by being killed. I didn't know that people died of natural causes. (I remember being glad that I lived now when there were guns as opposed to bows and arrows. I figured dying by an arrow would be really slow and painful. terrible, right!) I was in first grade when Jacob wetterling was abducted. I don't want my kids to be afraid, but I also don't want them to be ignorant. Still, I just don't think they are ready for this kind of news. We talk a lot in general about good guys and bad guys (elijah is obsessed with being a super hero and fighting the bad guys. we also talk with him about how heros also help people who need help.) I guess, I just want to focus on how much Jesus and mommy and daddy love them.
sad world we live in.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #68
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amy, adorable!

How's everyone doing on Christmas prep? I'm nowhere near ready, lol! Almost one whole dress (and the 7 yo's, at that!) to knit and the other two to finish! Need to shop more and wrap, also.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #69
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am finishing off tomorrow at target when I go to my Dr appt. Then on Sunday I will get all the food for Christmas eve and day. I need to mail some things out but I did not do Christmas cards this yr--it would have been to much to do especially after all the long trips we have done since Thanksgiving.

Our plan is just to enjoy and relax and I think that will be all that we do.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #70
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

christmas presents are all purchased...but I still have anywhere from 2 - 6 presents to sew up...depends on how much time I am able to get before this weekend. eek. Ideally, I'll be able to get all the presents sewn up (a few are decorative pillows for my sis that should go fairly fast), but a few might have to be ditched.
oh, and I am so super excited. I sold some clothing on craigslist (woo-hoo, money! ) to have some extra cash. the church had a christmas party last night and we were to bring white elephant gifts. skipped adult presents, but wanted to get something for the kids to bring. looked at their toys, but all of the church kids are older than they are, so we didn't have anything we could just wrap up. We went to goodwill to find a few little toys for the kids to swap. while we were looking, i saw a fisher price dollhouse with dolls and accessories for only $5!! I was so excited, I've been wanting to get sydney a doll house, but couldn't find one I could justify spending a ton of money on. ($140 on a barbie house? umm, nope, not when all her dolls were from goodwill or garage sales. ) cleaned it all up, and it will be a present for kezia and sydney. it is the smaller one that opens up...it's practically a staple of thirft and rummage sales, but I am so happy with it. can't find a link for it, but they are $40 at the store, which is crazy!
i'm just too cheap, but spending full price on stuff drives me crazy. those pop-up toys (with the buttons, twist knobs etc) that are at every thrift store for $2 are $15 in the store. insane! and those hamock baby tubs that are backbreakers and cost $30, yeah, $4 at any second hand store.
lol, sorry, cheap person soap box rant is over now.
better get my rear in gear and clean up the kitchen...and laundry room...and living room. dang it!
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote