Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #51
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikemommy
Honestly, I'd take her word for it. She scanned the baby in real-time which gives a much clearer image than one still picture.

ETA: The 3 lines in the "middle of the picture"? Are you referring to the lines within what you believe are the girl part or the 3 white lines in the very center of the picture just in front of and slightly under the "sex organ".
Just a layman's opinion, but I agree. I'd take the tech's opinion. I just had my scan done. I was doing a reveal with my husband so she hid the screen when searching for the gender. She kept saying she knew what it was but couldn't get a shot. So when dh and I opened the envelope and looked at the pic I didnt see at all what she was looking at. It was an awful shot. When we looked at the video a few times i definitely saw what she saw.

You'll still have the actual scan to confirm the gender so I'd go with girl and just dont make any permanent decisions like un-refundable pink purchases.

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #52
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you see - tricky ultrasound.

Alright. Back to not knowing and waiting until January. Thanks guys.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #53
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Just a layman's opinion, but I agree. I'd take the tech's opinion. I just had my scan done. I was doing a reveal with my husband so she hid the screen when searching for the gender. She kept saying she knew what it was but couldn't get a shot. So when dh and I opened the envelope and looked at the pic I didnt see at all what she was looking at. It was an awful shot. When we looked at the video a few times i definitely saw what she saw.

You'll still have the actual scan to confirm the gender so I'd go with girl and just dont make any permanent decisions like un-refundable pink purchases.

Honestly, this is going to sound horrendous of me, but it goes SO much deeper than that. Gender disappointment is my real fear. I can NOT tell myself that this is a girl for 6 weeks, just to be let down at my anatomy scan. I would be an absolute horrible mess if I did that. So for now I am just going to go with "don't know" and leave it at that. Just sucks because I gave DH a little pink "daddy's girl" outfit lastnight because I was so sure. I guess I'll be returning it.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #54
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikemommy View Post
I think that's cord.
Me too.

I have a picture from my 5th pregnancy that our very experienced perinatologist gave us. It's a shot of where the cord inserts into what becomes the belly button... and it looks almost identical to the 3 lines seen in this picture. Mine is labled, "3 vessel cord," and the lines aren't straight which I assume is because the cord twists, causing the vessels to go different directions. I really wish our scanner was working so I could share the pic.

With all that said, if the tech nodded when she said she thinks it's a girl, sounds like your chances are pretty good!!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #55
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
for a comparison i decided to do my daughters bits part next to yours

Last edited by moms5angels; 12-11-2012 at 07:25 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #56
moms5angels
Registered Users

My Mood:

im thinking it might b cord too.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #57
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moms5angels
im thinking it might b cord too.
Coukd be. . .does anyone else see this, (look closely)
I think its fingers. If you look to the right it almost looks like part of the face, then all the way to the left is the leg, and Im guessing those 3 lines are fingers. Like the baby is laying back with legs up almost fetal position like (or like sitting position, like taking a picture how the legs are closest andthe rest ks farther away, not in focus. . .hard to explain what Im thinking lol) and the hand/fingers happened to get in there.
But thats just a best guess.

Edited bc I got my left and right wrong

Last edited by Mom2ManyBlessings; 12-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #58
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:
Have you thought about going to a private ultrasound place that does gender scans? We are doing that because I am dying to know. I have 3 boys and this will be our last so I completely understand where you are coming from mama! Hugs!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #59
moms5angels
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ManyBlessings View Post
Coukd be. . .does anyone else see this, (look closely)
I think its fingers. If you look to the left it almost looks like part of the face, then all the way to the right is the leg, and Im guessing those 3 lines are fingers. Like the baby is laying back with legs up almost fetal position like (or like sitting position, like taking a picture how the legs are closest andthe rest ks farther away, not in focus. . .hard to explain what Im thinking lol) and the hand/fingers happened to get in there.
But thats just a best guess.

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
oh yha. now u pointed it out i see it too! hmmmm.....this is like one of those unsolved mysteries that grabs your complete attition. whos w/ me on stalking this thread cuz u gotta know?
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #60
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Oh don't you guys worry. You'll definitely know what it is. I will be finding out at the latest in the middle of January. I'm going back and forth, one minute I'm REALLY upset that it may not be a girl now. On the other hand, I just want a healthy, happy baby. I need to enjoy this pregnancy, because no matter which way it goes, this baby deserves that. I just... hope it's a girl, lol.