Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Complete Placenta Previa 21 weeks

Just got back from my 21 week ultrasound. They found my placenta was completely covering my cervix. All my doc said is that the placenta can move as the uterus grows and to call if I have any bleeding. He said they'd recheck it by US at 28 weeks. That's all he said and I was kind of stunned and didn't ask any questions. So of course, I turned to google and read some really terrifying things - preterm deliveries, hospital stays, bed rest. I know most placentas with partial previa will move, but most complete previas will not?

Anyone got any positive stories to share? Like, no it didnt move, but I had a very nice planned, full term c-sec? Or I guess even, baby came early, but no NICU stay and he's totally healthy now?

I am starting to freak out a little. My husband is deployed. I am supposed to be moving in with my parents at 28 weeks, but given all this I think I need to move now. I could use some positive stories.

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
that does sound scary. I have a friend that did have a partial previa move, but unfortunately I have not heard of a complete previa moving.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Complete Placenta Previa 21 weeks

My friend had this - it didn't move and they delivered the baby early - like 34-35 weeks but baby came how with mama after spending a few hours in the NICU and everybody was good - it was a C/S delivery. I think she had to be on antibiotics but other than that all went well!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a partial, it moved WAY far away by 28 weeks!
Good Luck!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My MIL had a complete previa and was on bed rest from 25 weeks on. Had baby at 36 weeks. Baby was born by planned c section and was perfectly healthy. That baby is now my 23 year old SIL who now has a baby of her own. They were both perfectly fine, but yes she was on bed rest.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
seacat
Registered Users
seller

I had complete with both of my boys at that gestational age and had a significant bleed with DS2 at 14 weeks. Both of mine moved by 32 weeks or so. Maybe later for DS2 because we were still crossing our fingers at 34 weeks. I went full term with both with no bedrest for either and was able to deliver vaginally.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks mamas! I have a lot of things going on right now outside of the pregnancy and I guess this was just more than I could handle this afternoon. DS and I had a nice dinner at Olive Garden and I promised myself no more google. Gonna focus this week on stream lining my life because obviously I just have too much going on.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dou-la-la blog has a series of posts on her experience with a complete previa. Hers did move, but nit until after 37 weeks, from what I remember. Relaxing for now would be best, then decide what to do if it's still a problem later on.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #9
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
Dou-la-la blog has a series of posts on her experience with a complete previa. Hers did move, but nit until after 37 weeks, from what I remember. Relaxing for now would be best, then decide what to do if it's still a problem later on.
agree.

There is really nothing that can be done right now except to be aware of it and monitor it.

I had a previa at 20 wks w/my son. I can't remember if it was full or partial. I would assume it was full previa b/c I was at a birth center and they all were pretty concerned, and I almost risked out of being able to deliver at the birth center. Mine DID move. I think it was re-checked at, I wanna say, 28 wks and it had moved but not enough. They checked again at, like, 32 wks?, and it had moved far enough up that it was no longer a concern. Had a healthy, big baby, uncomplicated, fast delivery.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote