Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
*Update pg 3* For those who use Thirsties Hemp Inserts (esp if you use FBOS Elite)

I ordered some Thirsties Hemp Inserts for my FBOS Elite based on the recommendations of lots of mamas here.

I just got mine in the mail (brand new) and they are HUGE!!!! SO Wide...

How do you make them work in your pockets??????

Advertisement

Last edited by lady longs; 12-05-2012 at 08:50 AM.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
jmb162
Registered Users
seller

I trifold for my BG pockets. I also unstitched them so they are not longer a tube. I think they fold easier like this.

I LOVE my Thirsties hemp prefolds.

But I see you are prob talking inserts and not the prefolds...doh!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those of you who use Thirsties Hemp Inserts (esp if you use them in FB OS Eli

I have the inserts/doublers...not the prefolds.....
Old 12-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those of you who use Thirsties Hemp Inserts (esp if you use them in FB OS Eli

When you wash them, they shrink a good bit. FB Elite are known for a narrow crotch though, so they may still be too wide.
thejuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuel View Post
When you wash them, they shrink a good bit. FB Elite are known for a narrow crotch though, so they may still be too wide.
Well, I know they're narrow in the crotch, but I had read here that lots of mamas use the thirsties in place of the minky. So, I figured they must work. But, maybe if they shrink that much????
Old 12-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They will shrink enough to fit, but they will be a tiny bit wider than the opening so the edge will curl a bit. It still works. I prefer the Medium sized Joey Bunz hemp inserts. Since they're hour glass shaped, they fit better. They're a bit more expensive though.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypeanut09 View Post
They will shrink enough to fit, but they will be a tiny bit wider than the opening so the edge will curl a bit. It still works. I prefer the Medium sized Joey Bunz hemp inserts. Since they're hour glass shaped, they fit better. They're a bit more expensive though.
They are a good bit more (almost double I think). Which is not a big deal if you are just using a few. But, if I decide to switch my whole stash of inserts, that could be really expensive.

Does anyone know if you can just "serge down" the thirsties hemp inserts with a serger - making them a bit narrower or possibly contour them?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The microfiber will not shrink. They stay that wide. They barely fit in a BG. I can't imagine them fitting an Elite. It is trimmer.
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #9
MomBecks
Registered Users

Which size did you get? The sixe 1 should fit OK after you wash them as they shrink quite a bit. They may bunch some though.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #10
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just bought ten of them to use in my Flip covers and gdiapers. They fit wonderfully in those diapers, but there is no way I could put them in my FB Elites - unless you don't mind them being all bunched up in the middle. I also got 10 regular joeybuns size medium. They are a perfect fit! I already had the small and large in regular and they fit too, but the mediums are just right for the rise setting we are currently using. I already had Mediums in the premium version, and they were too wide. So if you want something to fit nicely, I would go with Regular Joeybunzs. The Medium size are the same length as the Large Thirtsties - at least so far. I have washed and dried them all 4 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvof3boyz View Post
The microfiber will not shrink. They stay that wide. They barely fit in a BG. I can't imagine them fitting an Elite. It is trimmer.
There's no microfiber in the hemp inserts.