Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #61
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt
The boys will all lean down to kiss baby while she nurses and she frequently lets go to kiss them back.
So sweet!

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #62
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: At what age is it not appropriate?

My kids (ages 5-14) see me naked all the time. Honestly, I would LOVE to shower alone. However, that is impossible if my ds (5) discovers I'm in the shower. He loves to shower (and shave with his fake shaving kit) so if he knows that someone is in the shower, he joins them.
Dh has never been comfortable being nude in front of the kids. Ever. They don't ever see him. The only time was when dd2 was a toddler. I went in to the bathroom to dry my hair while dh was in the shower and I left the door open. Dd walked in just as dh stepped out of the shower. She looked up at her daddy, gave him a big smile, then her gaze drifted down......and she cried.

Last edited by syfitz; 12-04-2012 at 08:06 AM.
syfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #63
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

IMO - it's innapropriate when someone is uncomfortable with it. It doesn't matter why they feel uncomfortable. So if someone is uncomfortable when a child notices gender differences - 'right' or 'wrong' it is time to stop bathing together.

I personally was never comfortable showering with a child (I like super hot showers and was always afraid I'd drop a slippery wet kid) so I've never done it. But if all parties are fine showering together at (insert random age here) then it is fine for them.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #64
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post

Ok I was beginning to feel like the odd one out. I can't convince my just turned 7 year old that he doesn't need me to shower. I am sure he will eventually figure out how to shower alone, but for the time being he and I shower together. I could make him shower with dh but dh showers before work in the morning so it is less than convenient.

My 11 year old will walk into the room and talk to me while I am changing or just stepped out of the shower and not seem to even notice. Sometimes he will be talking to me and suddenly say "You are naked." It doesn't seem to phase him though. I figure if it bothers him he will stop walking into my room without knocking first.
My boys are only 3 and 18months, but I can see this being us in a few years. Neither my DH nor I have any issue being naked around our boys. We don't have any girls, so I don't know if DH would feel differently, but I highly doubt it. I do have a 15 year old SS and that is obviously a very different situation since I did not meet him until he was 9. Although he got used to seeing my breasts as I have been nursing his brothers for the last 3 plus years now...

R+J {10/06} = Q {8/09} and T {5/11}

Last edited by Zookeeper; 12-04-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #65
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
I'm more concerned about having CPS called on me. Probably because it happened to my mom.

My little sister, she was maybe 5 or 6? I'm not sure. She drew a picture at school that included a phallus. CPS was called, my mom was interviewed, my sister was interviewed and taken to therapy sessions, etc etc. After weeks and weeks of this they decided she wasn't being molested and that was the end of it. But it was very scary for my mom.
Yes. I will admit this is absolutely my concern as well.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #66
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

i dont know really, i guess when the child (or parent) is no longer comfortable with it, whatever age that is. But we dont have a problem with nakedness in our house, not that we walk around the house naked all day or anything but i dont think i would be upset of bothered if my child saw DH or I naked at any age really - just not a big deal here
TTC #4

Last edited by I_run_with_scissors; 12-04-2012 at 09:04 AM.
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #67
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

When either party becomes uncomfortable. I remember bathing with one of my DS when he was 8 bc I had a huge garden tub and he was sick and wanted me in there with him. But I am also comfortable being naked around my kids....I think it's sad that CPS was called on your mom, Emma. There are people who practice a nudist lifestyle and there's nothing wrong with that imo.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #68
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
When either party becomes uncomfortable. I remember bathing with one of my DS when he was 8 bc I had a huge garden tub and he was sick and wanted me in there with him. But I am also comfortable being naked around my kids....I think it's sad that CPS was called on your mom, Emma. There are people who practice a nudist lifestyle and there's nothing wrong with that imo.
Ita. What the government thinks or might do should not dictate my parenting. But CPS is my boogeyman so I'm sure it will.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #69
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
For DS, I started feeling uncomfortable about age 3. DH hasn't felt comfortable with DDs since they were about 2. Usually, he waits til DD2 is down for her nap or I am home to shower, so it isn't an issue.

We don't shower with our kids though. We do a tub assembly line style at bedtime. All 3 kids bathe individually.
Yes, to the bolded. DS only ever bathed with us in the shower until he was 3. He never took a tub bath up until that point. I started becoming uncomfortable sometime when he was 3.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #70
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

I think for us it is 3-4 years old. We really had to enforce modesty with DD1 (now 8), because at five she was still stripping in front of other people. She just didn't care. DS is 4, I think he was maybe 3.5 or so when I started being uncomfortable naked around him. He will still be allowed to watch me bf our newbie (if she ever gets here!), and I also plan to allow all the kids in the room when I give birth. I just am not comfortable showering and dressing in front of the older two.

DH still occasionally showers with DS, usually when we are in a hurry. He also often walks around in his underwear. Neither bothers me, and if he's comfortable, that's fine. DD2 and DD3 both still shower with both of us. They will be 3 in Feb and 2 March. DD2 is special needs, so all the rules kind of fly out the window with her, so we'll see how long she showers with us. For now its great fun to throw them both in the tub when I shower, they are always a hoot.