Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

Re: Kid's music

I second Elizabeth Mitchell and Francis England, but if your kids like more upbeat music you might have to look elsewhere. We love Justin Roberts...really fun catchy songs that aren't annoying (in our opinion). There's also a band called the Terrible Twos that we like as well.

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #12
bcarroll9494
Registered Users
seller
seller

I like Laurie Berkner, too. But now we mostly just have the kids listen to music that we like and then the whole family is happy. While I, myself don't mind a good sing-a-long to "The Goldfish Song"..... my DH is happier that DD claims her favorite band is the Black Keys. Our kids also really dig Edward Sharpe and some kid-appropriate RH Chili Peppers.

I also love playing the classic musicals soundtracks with the kids. Mary Poppins, Oklahoma, Sound of Music.... or some good old Disney: Little Mermaid, B&Beast, Snow White, Cinderella.

Unique hand-dyed diapers and more.

Last edited by bcarroll9494; 12-04-2012 at 04:54 PM.
bcarroll9494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #13
irishdancemomma
Registered Users

Lots of Disney and showtunes here. We also do Raffi, Peter Paul and Mary's kid album (Peter Paul and Mommy), and Tom Chapin. We will have to check out some of these others!
irishdancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
Greenwife
Registered Users
seller
seller

Caspar Babypants - former rocker turned kids artist.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #15
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh, I specifically don't like Laurie Berkner though my daughter sometimes sees her on Netflix. I think she's irritating and I think my daughter needs to be in the mood for her music.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #16
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We LOVE LOVE LOVE the Imagination Movers - we were listening to them loooonnngggg before Disney "discovered" them. And they are truly awesome and wonderful people. We have been to several concerts and the last one we won an electric guitar played by the band and the boys got to meet them.... their music is really great. We own 5 cd's and love them all, although i would say each family member has a favorite.

We also like -

Fresh Beat Band - 1st CD, not the 2nd so much.... we also saw them in concert and met them - and while i think they are fun, we still prefer the Movers.

Dan Zanes - he takes classics and makes them super fun. he's very indie rock, folk sounding, and has been featured on Sesame Street. He has never come close to us on tour, but if he did we would go for sure!

Justin Roberts - his voice is a little on the annoying side but his lyrics are hysterical. Our personal favs are "Pop Fly" "Meltdown" and "My Brother Did It"
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #17
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
Oh, I specifically don't like Laurie Berkner though my daughter sometimes sees her on Netflix. I think she's irritating and I think my daughter needs to be in the mood for her music.
Agreed
Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #18
mekat
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booghierbaby View Post
We love the Music Together cd's...
They are fun songs that are pretty catchy and different..
It's a class they have here...I don't know it is in other cities....but you could scout around on eBay for a cd..or I have an extra one you can just have..
This our Music Together CD broke but ds loved it. Even adults who are childless didn't mind listening to the CD because it really isn't annoying. We did Gymboree and Music Together classes simultaneously and the Gymboree music was a horrible assault on the ears and I have a pretty high tolerance level.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #19
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpie View Post
What are your favorite kid's music complilations of nursery rhymes and songs? DD wants more music for the car. I can't stand the sound of kids singing slightly off-key, so I've stayed away from most kid's CDs. I like Wiggle Worms with adults singing children's songs. What can you recomend?
And I opened this thread to recommend the Wiggleworms CDs!
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #20
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm in love with Woodie Guthrie, nothing quite like the classic guitar. And today at the library they played a whole bunch of covers of his songs by Elizabeth Mitchell. So simple. I find myself listening to them even when baby isn't in the car! We also have a few rockabye discs that we got when DD was a baby, and we still enjoy them now and again in the car.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote