Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:
what to purge?.........

ok, im in a perging mood but i already got rid of most everything i wanted to purge. since i already did my major purging the past 2yrs. there r things im sure i could get ride of but i really need to look for them. the other stuff i want to get ride of wich is the baby stuff i cnt since my daughter is using them & i already limited them as far as i can go. what do u do when your in a purging mood but have no idea what to purge? im going nuts here & if i get ride of the rest of my kids toys they will have nothing left.

Advertisement

Last edited by moms5angels; 12-04-2012 at 05:05 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: purgeing mood issues......

Go through the junk drawer? The garage? Check all the kids' markers?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
moms5angels
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
Go through the junk drawer? The garage? Check all the kids' markers?
i rent so i dont have a garage or basement. that would b the 1st place ill tackle if i did. i dont have an "real" juck drawer. i got ride of that but i do have one that has odd stuff in that has nowhere to go. like batteries, saran wrap, alumium foil, my head phones to keep them away from my kids. ect... that i did good through (thanks for the idea. ) & found some stuff i could get rid of. i went through the kids toys & found some broken ones & some they dont play w/ so there now gone. i also got ride of a ride on toy that none of the kids use. the top of my frige is now a mess from the b-day parties we had sat-(my daughters) sun (my nephews) also from when i was in the hossy sick for 3days. (all in 1wk ) so im gonna tackle that & see if there aneything that can go to. i might als ogo through my kitchen or livingroom again. well see.........

i u guys have aneymore ideas let me know.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

What about movies that nobody watches anymore? used up coloring books? Christmas decor?
Old 12-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
moms5angels
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfWife8405 View Post
What about movies that nobody watches anymore? used up coloring books? Christmas decor?
im going through the christmas stuff as im setting it up. i didnt think to go throught the dvds! i totally forgot & we dont watch much of them now since we have netflix. me & my dh need to go throught them again. ill have my kids help w/ the coloring books & see what they do & dont want. we dont use them much eather like we use too. they perfer to draw on blank paper now. so i might b able to get rid of most of them. just keep the ones they really like.

thanks for the great ideas!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Re: what to purge?.........

for the dvd's-check out amazon trade in program to get amazon credit for them, also there is dvd swap
Old 12-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

What about converting stuff to digital? We put all of our music and pictures on our computer, we will probably do dvds eventually. That always feels good for me....or organizing and deleting computer clutter.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
moms5angels
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
for the dvd's-check out amazon trade in program to get amazon credit for them, also there is dvd swap
i didnt know about this. ty. i will deff look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmoni247 View Post
What about converting stuff to digital? We put all of our music and pictures on our computer, we will probably do dvds eventually. That always feels good for me....or organizing and deleting computer clutter.
i did have all my cds on my itunes act in my laptop but r old laptop crashed & we lost most of r music we had on it. thankfully most of it was stuff we downloaded & not much we bought. also we still have the cd's. i really wanna let them go but worried of it happining again. gonna aske my dh if there is a way to bk it all up that way if it happends again & do get rid of my cd's. i wont lose all the music. i didnt know u could download dvds. do u know what u need to do it? can u do it on a laptop? if i could do that & bk them up i would love it since it would free up a whole drawer! (we keep them in 2 binders. one for us & one for the kids)
i really need to clean up computer clutter. i have soooo much info on mine for hsing its nuts. my files r all mixed up too of from quickly loading somthing down & not paying attition what hs file i put it in. im just afraid to do it when dh isnt home. i dont wanna delete somthing i really wanna keep. oh... i would b so ticked if i did that. lol
Old 12-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #9
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

Clean out refrigerator. Rematch socks. Broken crayons. Put together every big puzzle in the house and make sure they're not missing pieces?
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by moms5angels View Post
i didnt know about this. ty. i will deff look into it.

i did have all my cds on my itunes act in my laptop but r old laptop crashed & we lost most of r music we had on it. thankfully most of it was stuff we downloaded & not much we bought. also we still have the cd's. i really wanna let them go but worried of it happining again. gonna aske my dh if there is a way to bk it all up that way if it happends again & do get rid of my cd's. i wont lose all the music. i didnt know u could download dvds. do u know what u need to do it? can u do it on a laptop? if i could do that & bk them up i would love it since it would free up a whole drawer! (we keep them in 2 binders. one for us & one for the kids)
i really need to clean up computer clutter. i have soooo much info on mine for hsing its nuts. my files r all mixed up too of from quickly loading somthing down & not paying attition what hs file i put it in. im just afraid to do it when dh isnt home. i dont wanna delete somthing i really wanna keep. oh... i would b so ticked if i did that. lol
we have an external hard drive. It was around 30-40...totally worth it! we lost all of our data once too.

I'm not really sure how to do the DVDs, we have a very techie friend who has all of his DVDs on his computer and I planned to ask him to walk me through it. we have a ton of memory, so I figure we might as well put it to use. I don't really know if the process is legal or not but I feel perfectly ethical since I've already bought them and I'm not planning on making copies or posting them online.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote