Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #21
AmJoyFul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2 week old, cloth too bulky!

dappi nylon pants are the trimmest cover, that with a flat would be very trim. But it could get messy with newborn poop having to pull the cover off.

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #22
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Flats and Thirsties XS were best for us.

Some flats have hems that make a big bulk so instead of getting the smaller square by folding in half twice, I learned (too late lol) to make the smaller square by folding all 4 corners toward the center. Hides the bulky hems in the middle and staggers them.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #23
simplykarenp
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm currently cding a newborn with gmd orange edge workhorses and prefolds. I find the a snappied prefold to be very trim when compared to the workhorse or trifolded into a cover. It's just an adjustment to see a fluffy butt. It also helps to use a sized cover rather than a multisize. I love the thirsties xs covers.
simplykarenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #24
elvenmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Newborn Nana's Bottoms fit just like sposies imo.
elvenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #25
Tabatha
Registered Users
seller

Cloth is going to be a little more bulky, but on newborns you can't really do anything about it. Newborns are small and cloth is big lol, you have less bulky and more bulky but I don't think you can truly ever get a trim fit on a newborn. They're just too tiny!
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #26
Tabatha
Registered Users
seller

Oh and I second that dappi nylon covers are trim, although you may not be able to get a good fit if your little one is too small because the leg openings are big. Newborn workhorses from gmd are pretty trim too. So that under a dappi would probably be a lot smaller than a prefold
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #27
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

If you go into it expecting sposie trim you are going to be disappointed. I think a fluffy butt is cute. We used kl0 & gmd oranges & it was fine...we were in bge and flips by 3 weeks.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #28
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
Oh and I second that dappi nylon covers are trim, although you may not be able to get a good fit if your little one is too small because the leg openings are big. Newborn workhorses from gmd are pretty trim too. So that under a dappi would probably be a lot smaller than a prefold
my SIL used PUL on pants with all her kids for the NB stage she just added a stich on each leg at the righ setting then removed it when they were big enough. I still found the NB dappi too big for my 5lber but for her average to larger sized newbies it worked well.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #29
kaiulani73
Registered Users
seller

fuzzibuns for newborns were great for my daughter! I found a website that had a newborn rental www.teenygreenykc.com so I could just use them for the month that I needed newborns before going to the bigger sizes. You pay deposit and weekly fee $12/week to use & whatever you don't use on $200 deposit, you can then use to buy CD's when done with rental. Good luck!
kaiulani73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #30
rocknrollem
Registered Users
seller

I have tried prefolds, AIO's, AI2's...before taking the plunge I tried Jillian's Drawers "try cloth for $10" deal and then made my decision but everything they sent me seemed bulky. I got used to it in the end. Disposables aren't as cute, aren't as environmentally friendly and I like being able to reuse and save some $$$. My first son is 19 months and they fit great and my newest baby is 3 months and the diapers are still bulky but not like when he was under 8 lbs. As long as the diapers are fitting properly and nothings leaking out try not to get discouraged and remember why you wanted to cd in the first place!
rocknrollem is offline   Reply With Quote