Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Carebearmom22
Registered Users
seller

One more question...winter carrying?

What do you dress baby in for winter baby wearing, and how do you transfer baby from car to sling in the winter without baby getting cold?

Advertisement

Carebearmom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
littlesaurusrae
Registered Users

Re: One more question...winter carrying?

in still new at this but I wear my Moby wrap before I get in the vehicle. when I arrive where I'm going I just get in the back with dd(wearing a onesie, pants, socks, and a hat) and pop her in then zip my coat up around her body. the one time she's complained has been because she was too hot lol.
littlesaurusrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
nickiep
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What I do is put on my jacket and my LO's winter snowsuit thingy. I then put on the wrap and stuff him inside. I have a Boba Wrap and it works fine with him. I was thinking of using a carrier for the winter because of bulk size with his winter snow outfit. When i get in the car i just take him out and keep my sling on.

Another way i do it is pputon my wrap under my jacket and put my jacket on overit with him in it. He may be wearing a cozy sleeper with extra socks to make sure his toes don't get cold. i would also make sure he is wearing a sweater and socks for mittens.
nickiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't figured out a good solution for me but the other day I saw a mama with her baby in a Moby and then she was wearing a big maternity sweater that wrapped all the way around both of them and tied with a belt. I thought that was clever.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

well, I just dress him as normal....fleece jacket and hat since you can't use snowsuits or heavy coats in the carseat. Then I pop him in the beco and either wrap my jacket around him (I wear a big jacket of dh's) or I grab a blanket and throw it over him.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have an Ergo, and I dress my son in normal clothes (winter) and put a blanket around him (aden and anais swaddling on warmer days), put him in the infant insert and put him in the carrier. It has worked well. I recommend a hat so their heads don't get cold though.
halielise924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If we're just outside or going for a walk I put baby in a snowsuit or baby legs under pants and put some booties on and hat, mittens. When going from car to store I put hat, mittens, booties on baby when we get to where we're going and then I quickly plop baby in the carrier (I put carrier on before I get baby out) and then put a blanket over baby's head if it's windy. I readjust once I get inside.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
beermathmama
Registered Users

I usually dress him in a warm sleeper with socks and babylegs and a sweater over that. Once he is in the wrap I use one of DH's jackets to cover us both.
beermathmama is offline   Reply With Quote