Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
Mrsrazz11
Registered Users

Severe rash

I am in need of desperate help. I'm new to cloth diapering. We're using bum genius one size. After a few diaper changes my son gets a severe rash that is beet red and will eventually blister. I will take him out of the cloth and back in Huggins it clears up. On a fb thread they told me to wash wash and rinse rinse went thru all of this and tried again and same thing. We use tide. He washer

Advertisement

Mrsrazz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Severe rash

Possibly a reaction to suede cloth? A good test if you don't have any other cloth diapers besides the BGs is to cut up a t shirt or other cotton material and use as a liner over the suede cloth. Another option is to buy some prefolds or a natural fiber insert and try it over the suede cloth (using the BG pocket as more of a cover).

Good Luck!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
smilewithme
Registered
seller
seller

Are you doing extra rinses after wash? No other sensitivity to tide? No ammonia smell, right?
Old 07-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Mrsrazz11
Registered Users

I rinse like 5 times after. No smell... It's not been a good start. I have one bumpkins diaper... Might try it
Old 07-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsrazz11 View Post
I rinse like 5 times after. No smell... It's not been a good start. I have one bumpkins diaper... Might try it
bumkins is also stay dry I believe though it might be fleece instead of suede cloth. One diaper also might not tell you a full story.

Sorry you are having issues! Some babies are just sensitive to stay dry.... or it could be tide no matter how many washes. You will just have to try a few things :-/.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Old 07-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
Mrsrazz11
Registered Users

Could it be yeast? And the cloth is making it worse?
Old 07-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The yeast shouldn't go away with disposable. It's also clusters of dots vrs something beet red that turns into blisters -- so I doubt it. (unless maybe there is still a rash with the sposies)

My son managed to get yeast after he daytime PL-ed and it looked the same after a day in undies as he did the morning after wearing his nighttime diaper
Old 07-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #8
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Can you grab a pack of flour sack towels from the kitchen section at Target or Walmart and lay it out on top of the BG instead of inside the pocket? Essentially use the BG as a cover and the FST as a flat diaper. Just fold in quarters and then roughly in thirds to get the right size.

Great customer service from:

meljc is online now   Reply With Quote