Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #21
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Wipe warmers with cloth wipes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvof3boyz View Post
I never use the pillow. They are so expensive to change every month.
Nice. Do you store the damped wipes in the warmer as is? Just got some Lusa wipe solution to try out....we've only been using plain water and it has worked out well for our 27mos toddler and NB.

Advertisement

organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #22
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_dna View Post
They key to keeping mold or stink at bay is only putting about two days worth of wet wipes in at a time and cleaning out the container with a disinfectant before putting in a new batch of wipes. A wipes warmer is the perfect environment to promote bacteria growth - dark, wet and warm. As long as I clean it, I have no issues. I love having pre-made warm wipes.
Do you wash your wipes with the rest of the dipes? Curious to know if the essential oils will have an effect on the dipes; buildup, etc...
organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #23
monkeyscience
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvof3boyz View Post
I never use the pillow. They are so expensive to change every month.
They're only supposed to be changed every 3 months, if that helps.

We do use the pillow, but we also keep disposable wipes in there, too.
monkeyscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #24
jills_mama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmama10 View Post
For those with the Prince Lionheart warmer for cloth wipes, do you use with or without the pillow? I'm contemplating using without the pillow but would like to know how others are using it. I've used them with the pillows but they seems to get dried out too fast!
I started with the pillow, but found I didn't need it. The newer Prince Lionheart warmer specifically for cloth wipes will retain the moisture better than the older version, so the pillow isn't quite as necessary.
jills_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #25
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

I stopped using the pillow after a few weeks. It's been a few years now without it and it works perfect.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #26
infojunqie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had moldy issues, too. I will try the tea tree oil, and break out the wipe warmer for number two here in a few weeks and give it another try! Thank you ladies!
infojunqie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #27
Greener Pastures
Registered Users

I keep my wipes dry until I am ready to use them. I use wipe solution cubes to make the wipe solution (the ones I sell in my store). They are made with natural ingredients, safe for baby and cloth diapers.

I just mix a wipe cube with warm water in a large spray bottle until the cube melts. Then I spray the baby's bottom with the solution and use the wipes. Even if you plan to use disposable wipe, the solution makes clean up so much faster (it's nice an soapy) and you end up using less of the disposable wipes this way too.

You can also use the same solution to store your wipes in but I find that it lasts so much longer if I use it in a spray bottle : )
Greener Pastures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #28
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmama10

Do you wash your wipes with the rest of the dipes? Curious to know if the essential oils will have an effect on the dipes; buildup, etc...
Yep, all are washed together with no issues. This has been my solution for the past seven months. Our stash is mainly fitteds with a few BGEs. TTO and GSE are two EOs that are recommended by a lot of cloth diaper sites as natural disinfectants for diaper laundry. I don't think they'd recommend it if it would cause build up.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #29
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greener Pastures View Post
I keep my wipes dry until I am ready to use them. I use wipe solution cubes to make the wipe solution (the ones I sell in my store). They are made with natural ingredients, safe for baby and cloth diapers.

I just mix a wipe cube with warm water in a large spray bottle until the cube melts. Then I spray the baby's bottom with the solution and use the wipes. Even if you plan to use disposable wipe, the solution makes clean up so much faster (it's nice an soapy) and you end up using less of the disposable wipes this way too.

You can also use the same solution to store your wipes in but I find that it lasts so much longer if I use it in a spray bottle : )
I do this too. I found the wipes warmer to be just one more thing to clean out and I was always getting the weird smell. This just works better for me.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #30
FulHouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Don't like prince lionheart - burnt through two of them because their stupid heating element is on the bottom and can get wet, which shorts it out and is probably nit that safe. I got the dex baby wipes warmer deluxe because it has the heating element in the lid and can never get wet. It doesn't get hot,either,just wondefullywarm. I ignore the special top for the pop up,and just open the real top underneath. Folded wipes with Lusa organics very diluted over it. Mmmmm, love the clean scent.
FulHouse is offline   Reply With Quote