Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Possible yeast infection while TTC? What would you do about this??

As some of you know I have been through a bunch of crap with my OB and my body recently and finally was able to take clomid last week. I am on CD12 and should be Oing sometime between now and next week at this time. We've dtd every night almost since I stopped bleeding last wednesday. The last 2 nights I've had a burning sensation while we dtd and tonight when I wipe after peeing it burns in the vaginal area. I mean, it's not searing burning pain, but it's burning. I think I might have a yeast infection. I've NEVER had one before in my life.

What should I do? Is there anything that will clear it up quickly? How do I know if it is a yeast infection or just irritation from dtd so much?

I've read that eating yogurt and avoiding sugary foods can help. Is there anything I can do? Will it kill my chances of conceiving this month if I go on meds? Should I take an over the counter med or will it interfere with possible conception? I'm so aggrivated at my body right now!!!! Something always happens, each freaking month. :GAH:

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
NOTWMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I don't have much to offer but I have had a few yeast infections. They were incredibly itchy and had a heavier creamy discharge that had a yeasty smell. But I mainly remember the itch,lol. I believe monistat has an OTC yeast/vaginal infection test. I am allergic to the ingredients in monistats yeast infection cream, so my Dr usually calls me diflucan (sp?). It is a single pill that clears it up right away.

Good luck!
"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD" Joshua 24:15
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ec49c
NOTWMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Possible yeast infection while TTC? What would you do about this??

Any other signs besides burning? Sound like irritation to me. Maybe take a night off put some oil or something soothing on it and maybe go every other night or try a new position that will rub a different area (on side, on knees, ect).

Try to remember this is suppose to be fun!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have used Monistat before while ttc. When I first get a yeast infection, I use the external cream and if it doesn't go away I us the applicators. I have been told to get the 7 day treatment vs the 1 day because it's less concentrated. You could also call you Ob doctor and ask them what they recommend. Best of Luck!
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

Dip a tampon in some plain yoghurt and insert for 8 hours. Should clear it right up.
Puppydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 AM   #6
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Is burning your only symptom? Any discharge? You would likely notice a kind of cottage cheese discharge and extreme itching. Those are the classic symptoms.

I agree with the yogurt trick inserting it in vagina. I've used a peeled garlic clove and inserted it. Keep it in for 12 hours, and change it out for another every 12 hours until cleared.

But.....if burning is your only symptom, chances are you are either irritated down there (could be from sex, or something else), or a UTI (bladder infection).
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #7
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Ladies! I haven't had a chance to reply but did read your replies to me. I think it was just irritation. Like I said, I've never had a yeast infection and had no idea what the other symptoms were. I only had burning and we skipped one night because we were so tired and stayed up late watching a movie and then dtd again last night and I feel fine. Hubby and I think maybe we were just dtd too often. It's not entirely dtd b/c we are ttc....we are doing it because we want to for fun. We had to basically not do anything per OB's request for a month while on meds and testing things unless we used condoms and we both HATE them. So, we are making up for lost time in a fun way by "seducing" eachother each night. Our original plan was to dtd every other night but we found we "needed" it every night. We are having fun with it. lol. Thanks so much though!!!! Sorry, I feel like I asked a dumb question and overreacted.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are no dumb questions! I'm glad you are having fun and ended up being fine

Good Luck!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote