Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #11
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
3 doctors and my midwives misdiagnosed my dd2 with yeast as well as bacterial infections. She had a raw bloody rash for the first 4 weeks of her life.
4 prescription creams later and I figured out she has severe food intolerance as well as a reaction to sposies. Once I cut the foods that were bothering her for a couple weeks and switched to cloth it cleared completely.
It does come back within 5-8 hours of me consuming an offending food.

Advertisement

mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #12
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dd was on antibiotics for a year straight for health reasons so I was also constantly battling yeast. What worked for us keeping them away was TTO in her wipes solution. I uses about 10 drops in the disposable wipes tub with a couple of drops of baby wash. That kept the yeast away for good once I started using it. When she did have an infection I uses about 15-20 drops. If I missed one set of solution ten we would get the rash again.
ETA: I used about 1/4-1/2 cup bleach in my wash to treat it. 2 tbs isn't enough.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

The only other thing I'd try is probiotics for your daughter. Something much stronger than yogurt, like Jarrow Baby Dophilus. If her body can kick the yeast once and for all maybe she won't keep reinfecting the diapers.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
TutuEllagant
Registered Users
Formerly: Mama20
seller
seller

Re: Anyone give up cloth because of yeast??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I would still recommend on her to help keep it away. What is the main diaper you use?
I've heard different babies/yeast infections respond differently to different prescription creams. We tried clotrimazole and had good luck with that for a few of the yeast infections, but then it didn't work anymore on the last 2. We have used nystatin for the last 2 and it has worked in getting rid of it. I'm nervous about using too much of it on her skin. I wish they came in bigger tubes. Maybe they do...I'll have to ask.
TutuEllagant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #15
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wonder if you use the freetimes all day with the stay dry if things would work better....
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #16
TutuEllagant
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesslouise View Post
The only other thing I'd try is probiotics for your daughter. Something much stronger than yogurt, like Jarrow Baby Dophilus. If her body can kick the yeast once and for all maybe she won't keep reinfecting the diapers.
We do oral probiotics for her. We open the capsules and she literally just eats the powder!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
TutuEllagant
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes View Post
3 doctors and my midwives misdiagnosed my dd2 with yeast as well as bacterial infections. She had a raw bloody rash for the first 4 weeks of her life.
4 prescription creams later and I figured out she has severe food intolerance as well as a reaction to sposies. Once I cut the foods that were bothering her for a couple weeks and switched to cloth it cleared completely.
It does come back within 5-8 hours of me consuming an offending food.
My middle child had food intolerance issues as a baby (we had the same raw and bloody rash, combined with green vomit) for about 2 months off and on until we finally figured out it was the dairy I was consuming. My daughter's definitely isn't food issues, though.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #18
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama20 View Post
We tried clotrimazole and had good luck with that for a few of the yeast infections, but then it didn't work anymore on the last 2. We have used nystatin for the last 2 and it has worked in getting rid of it. I'm nervous about using too much of it on her skin. I wish they came in bigger tubes. Maybe they do...I'll have to ask.
I actually think we got clotrimazole (this was over 2 years ago) the first 2 tubes we got were smallish, the last one was HUGE like three times the size. That is the one we lost almost new.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #19
TutuEllagant
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by myclanof6 View Post
Dd was on antibiotics for a year straight for health reasons so I was also constantly battling yeast. What worked for us keeping them away was TTO in her wipes solution. I uses about 10 drops in the disposable wipes tub with a couple of drops of baby wash. That kept the yeast away for good once I started using it. When she did have an infection I uses about 15-20 drops. If I missed one set of solution ten we would get the rash again.
ETA: I used about 1/4-1/2 cup bleach in my wash to treat it. 2 tbs isn't enough.
Thanks! I'll try tto. We use disposable wipes (I literally had over 2,000 wipes before my daughter was born...they weren't going to waste! lol), but I will probably get or make a tto shampoo to use for her from now on.

To clarify about the bleach, the first times she got yeast infections we continued to use cloth and would do 1/4 cup of bleach in the wash while she had the infection. When she doesn't haven an infection, we use 2tbs of bleach in the wash on a regular basis.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #20
TutuEllagant
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I wonder if you use the freetimes all day with the stay dry if things would work better....
I'll think about trying that. Thanks!!