Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
LleytonandJaydensmommy
DO NOT FSOT with! Unresolved transaction issues 2/2013!

My Mood:
cloth wipes

Ok please someone explain how to use these...i mean other than the obvious lol do you spray them off like the diapers or do you just toss them in the wetbag??? Do you just use water to saturate them or do you have to use a special formula? I am so lost with cloth wipes!!

Advertisement

LleytonandJaydensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: cloth wipes

i wet ours with water and toss in the wetbag after use. nothing else
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

What she said. I just use water. If it's really stinky toddler poop I might add a squirt of soap. Wipe off poop, throw in pail. Once they are on solids I do spray off any chunks but I am already spraying the diaper so it takes only a second. While still EBF I do nothing to them.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
infojunqie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use a mix of 1 c water, 1 T oil, 1 T baby soap/castile soap, and a few drops of an essential oil on ours. The oil moisturizes and helps the poop come off and the soap is gentle and cleansing. The essential oil is great to help with sensitivities. I keep a spray bottle by the table and spray the cloth, wipe, and just toss it in the diaper bin with the dipes. On the go I have a tiny bottle of spray, or just use water.
infojunqie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by infojunqie View Post
We use a mix of 1 c water, 1 T oil, 1 T baby soap/castile soap, and a few drops of an essential oil on ours. The oil moisturizes and helps the poop come off and the soap is gentle and cleansing. The essential oil is great to help with sensitivities. I keep a spray bottle by the table and spray the cloth, wipe, and just toss it in the diaper bin with the dipes. On the go I have a tiny bottle of spray, or just use water.
I do something very similar, but i add a drizzle of either Olive Oil, or Sweet almond oil. I pour my mixture over my wipes in an old pampers container, and they are good to go! I just toss in the wet bag and wash with the diapers.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I had DS in dipes I used water with a few drops of baby wash, a few drops of Tea tree oil (to prevent funkiness, and I pre wetted a whole huggies size box and wrung them out as a stack. I always wiped the majority of "stuff" off with the diaper because I was going to be spraying it and what got on the wipe I just threw in the wetbag. In the diaper bag I used dry wipes and a little travel bottle with water in it.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use a thermos of hot water and pour over dry wipes in a plastic container. Olive oil soap if I need it, but he gets that 1x a day with papertowels to clean off daycare diaper cream anyway. I have yet to try the neti pot mix that someone on here suggested when I asked about solutions with no lavender or tea tree oil. I have a thing of rosewater, but I don't know if it does a thing.

For me and my setup, easier than disposable wipes.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #8
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Like the first posters I wet I'm the sink and toss in the pail when done. I use the diaper itself to grab as much as I can before using the wipes. I did this when using sposies as well. I rarely have need to dunk and swish a wipe. Actually I don't ever remember having to do so.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
LleytonandJaydensmommy
DO NOT FSOT with! Unresolved transaction issues 2/2013!

My Mood:

Thank you all for the advise i think i will brave it and try them
LleytonandJaydensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote