Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #31
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: When do you wrap presents?

I wrapped everything tonight! I've got 2 more gifts on the way but other than those, everything is wrapped and ready to go. Including Santa gifts!

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #32
kiwi87
Registered Users

kI wrap toys as I buy them. I've been doing it while my toddler is napping and my older kids are at school. Santa leaves gifts unwrapped, so the wrapped presents are from DH and I or other family members. We've already started putting presents under the tree this year, because we have a gate around the tree to protect it from the dog and our toddler. Our older girls know better than to mess with the presents. I would rather not wrap them all on Christmas Eve.
kiwi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #33
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tried wrapping them all on Christmas Eve and that was a DISASTER. I thought it would be fun and a great idea, but we were up ALL night long and weren't exactly in a happy place by the time we were done then the kids woke up about 2 hours later.

I know wrap them during naptime....first time I can this year without being walked in on. Last year dd3 was home in the afternoons and I was scared she would walk in on me if she woke up early. We have a lock on DS's door, so no worries about him walking in, lol.

I will probably wrap a little bit at night, but that is super nerve wracking for me, lol. I do it in my room with the door locked. We keep all of the gifts in dh's closet in the way back behind a ton of things.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #34
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Since I shop early I took off a day from work in November and I wrapped mine ahead of time and hid them while my son was at Kindergarten. This year I have them wrapped and sitting inside of a large rolling Christmas tree bag in the dining room. I put a lock on it so inquisitive little hands can't open the bag. I told my son the bag had old decorations that we don't use and he never asked about the bag again. I definitely don't want to be wrapping gifts on Christmas eve.. its stressful enough trying to get them under the tree by myself without risking my little guy hearing me.

Last edited by Kimmyann; 12-05-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Kimmyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #35
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wrap the presents in paper ahead, but I deck them out in ribbons, bows and other fancies on Christmas Eve. That way we can spend time as a family while I'm enjoying the fun part of wrapping.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #36
VinhThiMom
Vinh Thi Designs
Formerly: chrisnsteph1022
seller
seller

My Mood:
We sent the kids to grandmas last weekend and did all the wrapping. Well, DH did while I rested after surgery.

VinhThiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #37
photocat
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I made fabric bags last year. We will reuse them this year. Just drop the present in, write the tag, hole punch the tag, and tie it up with a ribbon. (I keep the ribbons by putting them inside the bag so it gets reused too.) It takes about 30 seconds.

DS and DH can now "wrap" what they buy and there is no mess later! I was never really a fan of wrapping gifts so it really simplifies things!

Yep, we use fabric bags here too. I have sewed the ribbon into the seam, so every bag always has a ribbon. I punch a hole in the name tag, thread it on the ribbon and tie, so simple!

Usually we wrap Christmas eve, it doesn't take long using the fabric bags, but this year we'll be camping over Christmas so I suppose I should get onto it soon.

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #38
Paislie98
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We usually wrap as we buy, but as I say that they are stacked in my closet. Lol
Old 12-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #39
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I wrap it all Christmas eve. Used to be a glass of wine or two and a lot of wrapping paper.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #40
crnchy_mama_lala
Registered Users
seller

I'm so jealous of all you mama's who already have wrapping done! We are doing so much traveling this year that I need to get started soon.
crnchy_mama_lala is offline   Reply With Quote