Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wrapping supplies

What do you store long rolls of wrapping paper in? I have quite a few that do not fit in my standard holder...ideally I am going to move all the Christmas stuff together. I have a long shelf to store it on, but I need it contained in something.

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Wrapping supplies

oooh I need to tackle my wrapping paper! It's falling all over in the closet, and the bows & things are in a big bag in the attic. I need a way to simplify things. What standard holder are you using now?
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

All I have is the brown newspaper looking wrapping paper from ikea. Keeps things simple
Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I cannot link on my phone, but it is a plastic container that the paper stands in... The lid flips open and there is a small container on top to store tape and scissors.

I have 2 red gift bag holder for tissue/bags and ribbons...they are soft, with 3 sections, 1 in back and 2 in front.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've seen those standup holders before. They aren't tall enough for the giant rolls. Could you put some clips or some kind of edging on the shelf so they don't roll off? Then use up all the long ones and only buy ones that fit in your holder?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

For the first time, I recently figured out a way to store my wrapping paper! I got a long, narrow plastic tub that fits under the bed. It was about $7. It fits wrapping paper, tissue paper, ribbon, and tape.

My cooking blog- http://michellesnewrecipes.blogspot.com/
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
All I have is the brown newspaper looking wrapping paper from ikea. Keeps things simple
Yep, i dont have this, but we have postal/kraft paper rolls with the kids art table and i wrap in that, or if i have paper grocery bags on hand, i use those first. Then i either tie it with twine and tie a pinecone to it , or i tie it with a pretty fabric ribbon. Sometimes i stamp on a design (an evergreen, etc.) and a luggage tag with their name. No storage needed because its all craft supplies i have on hand for other things, its cheaper, and very pretty, classic wrappings (imo anyway).

Last edited by harmoni247; 12-05-2012 at 03:02 PM.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

I wonder if you could dedicate a chest to it? Like at the end of your bed? Or are you handy? I love building things, and you could probably make a simple wooden holder attach to the back of a closet door...im thinking two 1x4s. The bottom one attached as is with a bracket, and the top one with holes drilled all along it and attached 2 feet higher. Then slide the rolls in through the top....if you have two doors, you could use the other to hold a clear plastic shoe hanger to organize ribbons and such.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I had the plastic bag the shop used on a hook for a long time. and then a small paper bag or bows.

I'd go back to brown paper but hard to find here and usually not cheaper. I'd use brown paper bags if I had extra (I use them for rubbish vs plastic)

the container store has holders of various sizes, they have holders for EVERYTHING, I LOVE going there. (a bit odd? LOL)
Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
babynme8
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use a tall standing wrapping paper holder but I had to ditch the lid since some rolls were too long. I keep it in the entry way closet. You could just buy a trash can and use it the same it way, might be cheaper. For bows, small gift bags and gift tags I have a shallow 12x12 container with attached lid. All the Christmas bags, boxes, gift tags etc go in a large rubbermaid tote that is stored in the shed and comes into the house with the decorations and stays in my bedroom until after Christmas.
babynme8 is offline   Reply With Quote