Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Wrapping supplies

I have a soft sided organizer. It holds rolls and has pockets for bags and tissue, etc...

I think I may just go with the kraft paper rolls from now on though, it's genius!

Advertisement

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
crnchy_mama_lala
Registered Users
seller

All our wrapping stuff stays in one of those long under the bed clear plastic totes with wheels. It stays on the top of a shelf in the basement for the most part, but comes upstairs for wrapping at certain times of the year.
crnchy_mama_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I looked into the brown paper, but it is more $$ than the amount I pay after christmas. Honestly, I wait and get my paper 90% off at target...so I get what I can.

I think I will have to measure the big rolls and go to the store to see what under the bed storage option will work for us.

If I can find one the right size, I should be able to fit my boxes and bags in there too...one container for everything!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #14
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

this is how I plan to do mine when we have our new house. For now we store it in the master shower because it doesn't work.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 AM   #15
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My rolls that are too big are in the bottom of my cedar chest. This year I am hoping to use up the last of my extra long rolls and then I won't buy long ones again. The rest of my supplies (tissue paper, bags, shorter rolls) are in a long tote. I have TONS of bags..I'm a bag hoarder bc I refuse to buy them. I have 4 bags full of bags...one is birthday bags, one is Christmas bags, one is baby shower bags, and the other is just generic bags. Oh I also have shirt boxes in there. I purged what was damaged or didn't fit and make do with what I can fit in there. I realize I have a lot of bags but I literally never buy bags and I snatch them up at Christmas/birthdays LOL
Old 12-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #16
redsonja
Registered Users
seller

I use this. Love it!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-...-of-6/20699629
Old 12-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

Fabric bags .

For Christmas I have fabric bags made out of Christmasy material. Before I sew up each bag I cut a short strip of fabric about an inch wide to use as the tie. I have probably 2 dozen bags made from 5-6 differnet materials, all different sizes.

For birthdays I have fabric bags made from glittery material, fun plaids, bold stripes. Again with the same kind of ties, or just ribbons that are reusable.

For gifts that I'm giving to other people or mailing (and hence I won't get the fabric back) I have just a few rolls of birthday or Christmas. I pulled one of my bookcases out from the wall an inch and shove the few rolls back there. They only get used a few times a year. I have one huge spool of yellow ribbon that gets used for birthday gifts. It sits on a closet shelf. For Christmas gifts I buy one or two small spools of curling ribbon that usually get used up each year. When I do have to buy more paper I try to keep it simple. Classic Christmas colors and gold/silver ribbons. For birthdays, any paper that will go with my yellow ribbon. Gender neutral helps too.

I try to keep my wrapping supplies not only minimalist, but environmentally friendly. Christmas morning, we don't end up with mounds of paper and trash, just a few extra ribbons I use if I run of out of cloth ties.

I will add that growing up, my mom was a wrapping paper hoarder. Not only did she buy new rolls after each holiday, she made us save paper from previous years. So she had dozens of rolls for Christmas, dozens for birthdays, more for new baby, wedding, holidays, etc. Shoe boxes FULL of small sheets cut from larger sheets. A huge tote FULL of hundreds of bows. An entire trash can full of pieces of ribbon and yarn with the knots cut out. A huge bag full of gift bags and folded tissue paper. It probably occupied an entire floor-ceiling cabinet or more in our basement. She would literally wrap every Christmas gift in different paper. She had every color ribbon, curling ribbon, yarn, thick ribbon, wire-ribbon, whatever. It's ridiculous and I vowed never to be like that.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #18
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I've gotten to the point that I only buy wrapping paper from costco. Their rolls fit in my upright rubbermaid container, they're good quality paper and the rolls last for-ev-er. Right now I've got one roll that's more of a kiddie print, one roll that's more adult and a couple of leftover rolls from previous years. Once those are gone I'm going to invest in another kid roll and another adult roll and leave it at those 4, only replacing them when I run out. I like variety, but I want all my wrapping stuff to fit all in one container that I can easily put away when Christmas is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post

I will add that growing up, my mom was a wrapping paper hoarder. Not only did she buy new rolls after each holiday, she made us save paper from previous years. So she had dozens of rolls for Christmas, dozens for birthdays, more for new baby, wedding, holidays, etc. Shoe boxes FULL of small sheets cut from larger sheets. A huge tote FULL of hundreds of bows. An entire trash can full of pieces of ribbon and yarn with the knots cut out. A huge bag full of gift bags and folded tissue paper. It probably occupied an entire floor-ceiling cabinet or more in our basement. She would literally wrap every Christmas gift in different paper. She had every color ribbon, curling ribbon, yarn, thick ribbon, wire-ribbon, whatever. It's ridiculous and I vowed never to be like that.
This was me. I was really really bad. Part of it was desperation out of thrift, and a need to not throw things away. I might not have had quite that collection, but man I was going there. I had an entire tote of gift bags, and not a small oen either. A box of ribbon, another of bows.....all junk. Then I had to move at the last minute this year while insanely enormously pregnant, and I threw almost all of it away. I have one upright container of Christmas wrapping, and another of misc other wrapping paper, each with some bows and tissue in it. If it don't fit in those, it doesn't live here. I thought I'd panic without it, I'm actually relieved it's gone.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #19
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja
That's perfect! I have something very similar already. It will work unless/until I find a closed, upright storage container. Right now I have the long "under bed" totes, and it isn't going to work in the new closet I want to use.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #20
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

I use a vintage umbrella holder that I got thrifting. Works wonderfully. Love all the tips here!